[10x01] October 7th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the helmet in that footage and just made me pee myself with excitement and community-pride.

No mention of challenges in the first episode. This may mean less challenges than Series 9.

Although I'm looking forward to the lightweight supercar 3-way battle, I'm kinda disappointed that they have chosen the AMV8 N24 over the Ferrari F430 CS (or Scuderia) .

well, afaik it has just recently been officially revealed at the Frankfurt motorshow earlier this month so when they filmed the segment i'm guessing months before it would've been a bitch to find one. And i dont think the 430 Challenge is road legal

Oh what a shame!!

I was just hoping to see the TOYBOTA back again this sunday. But the three lightweights will be also a great challenge to see. I really have the feeling that this next series will be great. just like int he old times! :p

Jesus just read through all the posts, I can't believe how many people are bitching and complaining already.

Do I have to remind everyone why season 9 was a little different to normal.

Does anyone remember a certain high speed crash, a presenter nearly dieing, the onslaught of pathetic little safety Nazi's/do-gooders calling for the show to be ended. Andy, Jeremy and James having to defend themselves and the show on a daily basis for 6months while every hack in the business looked for blood.
I suggest you all go back and have a read over the many 100's of threads that were started in that time and remember what the mood was like.

Top gear is an evolving show, if it followed the same formula every week thing would get boring very quickly. I'm just glad they have been given the creative freedom to push the limits as they do.

I can't wait for season 10, to me topgear is the last bastion of truly great popular TV and I'm just glad it's still on.

/rant off

^Well...

I think it's a normal reaction that we fear the worst after last season. We had to wait for such a long time that our expectations got pretty high. And now it is a preety similar situation. But hey!!! I don't care if it's better or worse...

It's Top Gear!!! The TV program that made me a car freak!!!

The Polar Special was the last thing they did. It was brilliant. If they keep up that kind of work, then Series 10 would be awesome!

And about the debate of Challenges vs. Car Reviews. I like both, only of the challenges have something to do with cars (which all of them do.) Many people (including myself) said before that we want more car reviews and less challenges. Now I have changed that slightly. Keep on doing the (car-based) challenges (only if it is entertaining, unlike the tractors) and mix them in with the reviews. If my wishes are granted, I will be a happy man. :)

Jesus just read through all the posts, I can't believe how many people are bitching and complaining already.

Do I have to remind everyone why season 9 was a little different to normal.

Does anyone remember a certain high speed crash, a presenter nearly dieing, the onslaught of pathetic little safety Nazi's/do-gooders calling for the show to be ended. Andy, Jeremy and James having to defend themselves and the show on a daily basis for 6months while every hack in the business looked for blood.
I suggest you all go back and have a read over the many 100's of threads that were started in that time and remember what the mood was like.

Top gear is an evolving show, if it followed the same formula every week thing would get boring very quickly. I'm just glad they have been given the creative freedom to push the limits as they do.

I agree with you, but some...well, most people do not like change, in any form presented to them. I am sure there are a few who are pissed that fat Jason is not on the show, or that James does not give buyer heads up. Or for some, the magical seventh season was the zenith of the show.

Last edited:
Oh screw all midterms! Now all I can think about is how great the episode will be :)

ARG!! The Monday following the Sunday Top Gear returns on I have a dang Quantum-Physics exam!! CURSES!

Oh well, Top Gear is more important anyways...who needs to study quantum-physics anyways..:lol:

I am so excited for this the three way battle looks to amazing, in fact dare I predict this episode is going to be the best one since Season 7, and that we will love it, also I know this is off topic, but is there a place to stream the bbc live?

Oh what a shame!!

I was just hoping to see the TOYBOTA back again this sunday. But the three lightweights will be also a great challenge to see. I really have the feeling that this next series will be great. just like int he old times! :p

Looks more like a Nissan this time around (Narava?)

I reckon this three lightweight supercars things will be rather similar to 3 Supercars to France episode......which is effing brilliant as that is a superb episode!!! I really can't wait for this.

I thought the challenge-heavy series 9 was a result of losing time to do proper reviews due to Hammond's accident. If that's the case what you saw in series 9 should not be what you will find in series 10.

That said, there will be more challenges than series 8 and prior. The reason being ratings. If TG retains its high ratings then there's less reason for the BBC to cut it and more reason to keep it going. It's a necessary evil.

For those who say watch Fifth Gear if you want proper car reviews I say rubbish. Fifth Gear reviews simply don't carry the personality that reviews (proper reviews) on Top Gear have. I don't want numbers, I'm not German. I want to know what it feels like. I want to know if a given car is as fun to drive as it looks. JC an company (yes, even May) do a very good job at that.

Take the Micra for example. Do you think Fifth Gear would have ended it prematurely because of how.. well how awful it looks? No, they're carry on with engine size, mpg, NCAP ratings and tell you that it's a quaint little car.

So don't feed anyone that "go watch Fifth Gear" line. It's simply rubbish.

Oh, damn... You know you're on a forum when people complain about it before they have even seen it... :blink:

Honestly I really like the challenges and all, I think it's a nice evolution of the show, especially as it keeps getting Top Gear more and more viewers. Anyway, all of the challenges are mostly about cars anyway, so I really con't see the problem.

I really can't describe how excited I am over this, as it's been too long since the last one, the polar special in the summer wasn't enough. bring it on, just a shame I have a Power Point presentation to do on Monday... :wall:

First, I can't wait for the new series to start. I think the next series will be awesome.

What I have always enjoyed about Top Gear is the way they go about reviewing cars. Unlike the automotive shows in America, and to a lesser extent, Fifth Gear, Top Gear makes a car review entertaining. Not just entertaining to petrolheads, but to the general public. Over the years, it seems to me that Top Gear has evolved from an automotive review program to a general entertainment program that happens to be based on cars. Is this bad? I don't think so. I want to know about cars sure, but I am also highly entertained when the presenters have adventures with cars that I will probably never have. So bring on the challenges. Lets see something extraordinary. :tvhappy:

Which 911 was that in the youtube clip? I understand it's hard to tell because it's so far away (and way behind the R8 ;)) but I'm curious.

Which 911 was that in the youtube clip? I understand it's hard to tell because it's so far away (and way behind the R8 ;)) but I'm curious.

GT3 RS

Status
Not open for further replies.