[10x01] October 7th, 2007

If I'm going with them for this road trip, I think I'll choose Ferrari 599GTB. around same size, good looking and comfortable.

Long Live The King.

That was lovely - an hour of Top Gear at its finest. Here's hoping it stays that way for the remaining 9 episodes.

I didn't know they all smoke? I thought James didn't (from previous episodes) and Clarkson quit.

That surprised me when I saw them at Silverstone!

And they keep mocking fifthgear :lol:

maybe it should be renamed Filthgear...

and i didn't know they all smoked, but i'm not surprised to hear clarkson is again, it didn't last long :D

Anyone else but me that thought the Aston reminded of another car, in that colour combo?
http://img512.imageshack.**/img512/8559/astonhawy7.jpg
http://img512.imageshack.**/img512/8559/astonhawy7.1e7be88b6a.jpg

namely, VWs Harlekin :clap:
http://img442.imageshack.**/img442/3628/vwhargu6.jpg

haz

it reminded me of this

http://img505.imageshack.**/img505/3827/am012015iw4.jpg

Hi guys,

To be honest I found the episode to be a let down. The road finding bit seemed a little tedious and I get the sense that they could have made it so much more entertaining. For me the best part of the episode was the sneak peek of what's coming later on. But overall it's not one I'm going to be watching over and over again. I am, however, very much looking forward to the next nine episodes.

I agree totally with all you said Kajun.

The star ins the reasonably priced car part was horrible. I thought it seemed like they ran out of people to have back on the show.

I think they should possibly bring back the older faster people (as in JK)

NAIDANAC I agree with you too. Helen Mirren was the most dis-interested guest I ever saw on the show. I also thought she may have had a little drop of something prior to coming on as she looked a bit 'odd'....to be honest.

Here's looking forward to episode two :mrgreen:

Pretty entertaining but seems they only did one proper road test.

That's my point exactly, everyone is so dazzled and saying 'Top Gear is back in classic/proper form, etc' but when you actually break it down, they did only one traditional road test, over half of the ep was taken up by the road movie.

Im reserving my judgement til later eps come out.

Absolutely loved this episode. The music at the end with the muted engine noise, left me speechless. Makes me want to fly all the way to Italy again and rent a supercar just for the same experience. Welcome back Top Gear, goodbye filth gear.

That episode was fab! I've just been over all those Swiss roads in a tank...

n61303202_33515131_218.jpg

I think you'll agree, just as stylish as the supercars (probably more stylish than the yellow Aston...) but unfortunately the brakes weren't quite up to the job. :D

For what it's worth, the Swiss aren't as car-hating as is made out. Everyone smiled and waved at us the whole time, despite our flagrant law-breaking and our noisy exhaust.

Ha ha ha!!! :D Great car of yours!!! :mrgreen:

http://img160.imageshack.**/img160/7128/blondemn4.jpg

:rolleyes:

^Again this proves that if you pause Top Gear anytime Hamster is talking, he looks stoned.

I agree, Hwy. 129, the Dragon, should have been considered. If you want curves, dear god that's where to find them. It's actually Tennessee that's made it a permanent speed trap (I should know, I drove the dragon section both ways 6 times in one day this summer, and got one speeding ticket in the process) 129 is a brilliant road for the right car...

We gonna be haven to get some new shirts soon that have on them 'I am Cuddles'.

minosabi: I noticed :D

Now that I've talked about a nice girl I can say that Hammond looks good, new hairstyle and all, without coming off as overly gay ;)

The "new" Top Gear is great. I feel alot more at home when there are three blokes arguing, GREAT cars (fuck the colors, they looked STUNNING), and surreal roads/locations. The beautiful imagery, the insane sounds of three very different powerplants and just the sensation it provoces is what makes Top Gear the single best thing on TV today. It makes you jaw drop.

Season 9 was good too, but in a different manner, it made your jaw drop because BBC pumped enough money their way to allow them to build spacerockets...

I prefer that my jaw drop when an acid-green 997 kicks loose it's wide rubbers at 8000 rpm, so bring on season 10!

What's more, from the producers blog, we know that this (season 10) format is better suited for the blokes. That's excellent news and gives hope of a season 11, and 12, and...

The SIRPC was nobody to me, though I bet she's popular in the UK. But when she's totally uninterrested in cars the whole segment is kinda useless. Even the most unknown people can be a good SIRPC as long as they have good car-related stories to tell.

And to you guys that suggest american roads? Get real, everyone knows that all american roads are straight. The only time you need to turn the wheel is when you're doing a 90 degree turn at intersections. That's also the reason that no american cars can turn properly.

And to you guys that suggest american roads? Get real, everyone knows that all american roads are straight. The only time you need to turn the wheel is when you're doing a 90 degree turn at intersections. That's also the reason that no american cars can turn properly.

Never been to America, I see.