[10x01] September 25th, 2006

Well, this ep seems to be a bad place to start watching Fifth Gear... :lol:

Season nine was off to a good start but what utter shit this is. Its the most boring bit of TV that I have ever seen in my life. Vicki and that new bloke spent atleast 10 of the thirty minutes talking rubbish. I found all of the segments (except for the remote controlled Golf part) to be all boring. About the wreck my ride segment, why didn't they wreck some ricer or a bad car. I seriously felt abit sad for that mk2 golf... I prefer to old office segments rather than this retarded cafe with ten sweaty people and a LoveJoy bragging about how many celebrities he knows. I sure hope Top Gear comes back soon..... I am so dissapointed with this season so far.

Wow...I haven?t seen it and I am starting to think I shouldn?t...

I can't believe how bad that was.

I prefer watching top gear dog than lovejoy.

And what happened to the car loving vicky of last season? How the hell did they turn her from a car hugger to a demolition b!tch?

It was pretty boring. I skipped the Al Gore and most of the chatting in that cafe. What are they thinking, hosting a motoring show in a cafe? Oh well, the EVO IX looks like it understeers quite a bit, more than the EVO VIII FQ400. The Mini GP vs RC car segment was cool, cuz it looked an ep from eX-Driver. :lol: The automated Golf segment was alright, but I was expecting the AI to win, cuz theoretically it should've been taking the best line, and Jon Bently is not the best driver either. I definitely hate the new presenter, they should bring Plato back. Overall, :thumbsdown: .

Worst episode ever, the new guy sucks money balls and seems to know jack about cars, Vikki is an even biger pain in the arse than before, the new studeo sucks ass as well I mean a cafe? Tom bit was ok as was the self driving Golf part. Im abit pissed on how Vikki broke the RC car because it beat her, as a RC owner I was in joy when it best her and then cursed at the TV after she killed it........bitch :thumbsdown: FG need to really improve or i'll find my monday nights watching old TG's again.

Not sure how they thought these changes would make it better.

A presenter that doesn't know anything about cars, the Aygo DJ segment had nothing to do with cars really, the car and its features could have been covered in a 20 second 'news' like segment, Al Gore's movie, again almost nothing to do with cars, again would have been adequately covered by a 20 second news segment. The Mini GP didn't get to show off anything it could do since it was such a small tight track it literally never got out of 2nd gear.

The Evo segment was the only part of the show i'd have wanted to watch, and even then i'd have liked them to give Tiff more camera time to show what it can do, go nuts with it etc. rather than hand over to the top gear style race.

I think the best thing they could do is go back to a 1/2 hour format, they're really stretching it.

I never even copmment in the forums here, but felt I HAD to. Lovejoy doesn't belong on Fifth Gear. I hated how the segments got cut off and went back to Vicki and him. Worst episode by far of any ep I have seen. I'm gonna send an email to 5tv too, this is bullshit! :yucky: :thumbsdown:

I was happy to see a new fifth gear episode but after seeing this I don't think I will bother get the rest of the season.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

This was the second time I ever watched fifth gear, and it will most definately be the last.

I watched it till 8.30 and then realised there was an even better program on bbc1 starting with no ads and that didn't suck. Rogue Traders, thanks you saved my life from 30 more minutes of adverts, boring TV and weird presenters/

maxson said:
What an Utter Fucking awful piece of shitty episode was that?
I thought the last season was a big improvement I even prefered it against the topgear....

What's with the new HQ? a Cafe? Fuck you!!! Fuck you!!

I did not want to see a Top Gear wanabee fucking hell!!

Fuck you Viki!!

Quality improvment is welcome but fucking uninfomative showmanship oriented fucking FifithGear? fuck off.

Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel.

At this point I want to see it out of morbid curiosity. If nothing else it will be a half hour long train wreck.

Blind_Io said:
maxson said:
What an Utter Fucking awful piece of shitty episode was that?
I thought the last season was a big improvement I even prefered it against the topgear....

What's with the new HQ? a Cafe? Fuck you!!! Fuck you!!

I did not want to see a Top Gear wanabee fucking hell!!

Fuck you Viki!!

Quality improvment is welcome but fucking uninfomative showmanship oriented fucking FifithGear? fuck off.

Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel.

At this point I want to see it out of morbid curiosity. If nothing else it will be a half hour long train wreck.

Speaking of Trains, didn't they film something with a train in for the new series of top gear?

Well, since the new season has not aired, and this is the Fifth Gear discussion.....

Follow me?

http://img178.imageshack.**/img178/5830/postwhoredancekn4.gif

I thought Tim Lovejoy looked very wooden, a lot different to how he was on Soccer AM - he was a legend on that.

I don't like the new cafe setting, there really isn't any point. They are trying to be like Top Gear, but they should have stuck to their old format.

I did like the piece on the self driving Golf, that is worth watching. The rest was a bit bad.

Jason Plato is currently racing for SEAT (and doing rather well so far), so maybe he's too busy at the moment to make appearances on the show. He's still mentioned on the fifth gear site, so probably not axed.

Ah, there is nothing like a good car show. . . . . . and that was nothing like one* :(

I was warming to last seasons little studio chats with 'the gang' huddled together at the table talking about the previous segment, sure it was as fake and scripted as this current series, but the new chap and Vicki are horrible together. Who is that Lovejoy knob? Is he big in the UK?

Damn good competition prize as usual, but apart from that they are trying too hard, I used to watch Top Gear for fun and a good hours entertainment. Fifth Gear was for down to earth car facts and stats, a serious look at the cars no one can afford to drive - what have you done Fifth Gear??????

Sure I'll watch the rest of the season, but it'll only be to see if they have seen the light and changed their ways - although I'm guessing the whole series is 'in the can' as it were and all 13 eps will be like this one. :thumbsdown:

*Apologies to Statler and Waldorf fans! :cry:

I just hope Plato will enter the cafe with this spikey hair guy on his shoulder, smash Lovejoy with the spikes, grab Vicki, drop her off at the office and than go out to anglesey to race Tiff in a 997 Turbo vs. Corvette Z06 shootout or something like that. Nothing less would make up for this crappy episode.

Fifth Gear was about race drivers driving cool cars sideways and then give their opinions from a driver oriented point of view spiced up with some fun and information. Now it?s a bad TopGear rip-off.

What an absolute bag of bollox.

Who produces this show - the Vroom Vroom team ? Jeez...

First time i've ever fast forwarded in 5th gear - I'd finished watching it in less than 15 minutes.

Switched over to one of the nature channels - and found watching a Lion licking it's own arse was more interesting.

Boring is an understatement. So is cheesy, childish, corny, crappy... This piece of television, was precisely like everyone said, utter shit.

It was so awful that it doesn't even deserve the effort of going into details to demonstrate how bad it was.

I promise to never waste a single bit of bandwidth of the interweb, a single bit of the physical memory of my computer, and a single second of my life ever again for Fifth Gear.

/rant