[10x02] October 14th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
In this week's programme, the presenters revisit their attempt to build amphibious cars, and face up to one of their biggest and choppiest challenges to date. Also, the Audi R8 attacks the Top Gear track and Jools Holland is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

TopGear.com said:
Clarkson gets driven round the bend, literally, by a self-driving BMW, Hammond tries out more of the same with the Lexus Park Assist - which didn't go well in practice - and May doesn't fair so well as the three boys once again get wet with the return of their amphibious cars.

The Star in the Reasonably Priced Car is the musically multi-talented Jools Holland, while rumour has it that the charred Cool Wall is properly back in action.

Last edited by a moderator:
then the first episode pre-discussion thread should be edited, cuz now it's as if the amphibious challenge will be shown both the 7.th and the 14.th

just got this from the BBC press office

Top Gear Ep 1/10
Unplaced
Day and time to be confirmed BBC TWO
www.bbc.co.uk/topgear

Top Gear revs back into action for a new series. In the opening episode, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May revisit their attempt to build amphibious cars and face up to one of their biggest ? and choppiest ? challenges to date.

The Audi R8 attacks the Top Gear track and Dame Helen Mirren is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

If you'd looked underneath it, you'd of noticed this:

29/9/07 - UPDATED LISTING:

In the first of a new series Jeremy, Richard and James drive three lightweight supercars across Europe in search of the best roads. Plus Jeremy finds out what happens when you put a Bentley engine into a VW Golf, and Dame Helen Mirren is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

;)

remove the top text so it's not confusing, in stead of pointing out the obvious....

Anyway...

That Golf looks awesome, can't wait to hear it properly...

And out of the 3 supercars, I'd have the Superleggera. The Porsche is too track based (as they talked about with the GT3 RS at The Cool Wall, as is the N24. Though the Aston kinda looks awesome from the outside.

Also...

TOPGEAR IS ACTUALLY BACK!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Really looking forward to the R8, and indeed more car review segments in general :D

Wonder if they took Top Gear Dog to the channel? be a bit cruel but i can just see the dog throwing up over james in his dingy. actually i hope TG will feature in this series.

oh and its 10 episodes

Have you read this about the 2nd episode. Warning spoilers ahead!!!
Sorry if it's a repost

"This week?s Top Gear sees the glorious return of some old favourites.

In a nautical comeback of Titanic-raising proportions, the amphibious cars from series eight are ready to set sail once more. They?ve been treated to a host of technical improvements to make them a bit more seaworthy, and now they?re ready for a voyage into the unknown.

Also, Audi is very new to the supercar game, so the odds are stacked pretty high against it hitting a bulls-eye the first time out. Jeremy sets out to see if the new R8 can really challenge the Porsche 911 for bragging rights at the squash club."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/nextepisode.shtml

this thread really needs tidying up.

on topic, can't wait for this ep, after seeing the preview footage this sunday the channel crossing looks mental, the previous amphibious attempt was one of my favourite episodes. R8, can't wait to see what time it sets.

I'm so glad we have top gear back!!!

i cant wait for the R8.

its so beautiful...and the amphibious cars should provide a good laugh.

I heard them say in the last weeks ep that the coastguard told them they ruined the english channel... rofl. cant wait to see what they do now.

A mate of mine will drool over that episode as he fell in love with the R8 for whatever reasons. I'm really looking forward for the amphobious part, the preview showed them in open waters which will certainly be a good laugh at last.

Really looking forward to the amphibuos cars again, that should be great.

But I was hoping they'd have more segements in each episode like they used to. The first episode of this series had the Golf, the news, the lightweight supercars and the Star in a Reasonably Price Car (can't really count the Cool Wall). By the sounds of it, this episode will only have four too, which is a shame. Is that the reason there are more epsidoes? Longer clips spread over a longer time? As good or funny as some clips may be, they can get boring when they take up half an hour of the show.

Going to be good fun watching James sink in the British Channel ;)

Audi R8 is going to be good, I know Jeremy as a soft-spot for that car.

Status
Not open for further replies.