[10x02] October 14th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a superb show! :) The amphibiuos cars were great and the promo showed us they could be even better! Then there's the R8, which I love. I'm very curious to see what TG's impression are on it. ;)

u should look up the car reviews at the site of timesonline.co.uk

There you'll see the verdict of JC ;) it's an epic verdict!

i think the lack of a keel is really going to hurt james, wind and weather in the channel is much worse than in an inland reservoir

What I don't get is, why doesn't James just have a centreboard? Seeing as he's using the rigging and tiller from a mirror dinghy, why not just have the centreboard from it?

i think he has a keel this time....he has to...

Episode two of the new series of Top Gear is ready to drop into your TVs this coming Sunday, BBC Two at 8pm.

If last week's episode was the slick return as the boys hunted for the world's finest driving road, then this week is the crazy younger brother, all loud, brash and slightly insane.

Clarkson gets driven round the bend, literally, by a self-driving BMW, Hammond tries out more of the same with the Lexus Park Assist - which didn't go well in practice - and May doesn't fair so well as the three boys once again get wet with the return of their amphibious cars.

The Star in the Reasonably Priced Car is the musically multi-talented Jools Holland, while rumour has it that the charred Cool Wall is properly back in action.

(source: http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2/)

No Audi R8??? :(
Hopefully they haven't pushed it back to one of the later episodes in the series...

Damn I really wanted to see the Veyron vs. Jet, oh well that will be later on. Like everyone else I love the water down Gallardo too, great looking car, except for the shifter don't like the like of it, but the rest if great. Also looking forward to the channel crossing, should be a good one since it was the best part of Season 8.

So far TG is exceeding my expectations. The first episode was great(I wish the stig ran all three supercars around the track) and the second looks pretty good despite the challenge. Looks like TG's going to be a proper car show this season and I hope they drop the goofy challenges by next season.

That 911 looks like it's Richard's own.

i saw the preview of the upcoming season at the start of the first episode i cant wait to see the Ferrari 599 GTB fiorano on the track my fave car of all time. Ive watched tiff drive it and he actually doesnt like it to much so it will be interesting to see what they say.

..or have a quick schmoke near a caparo...

...anyway, I can't wait, even if that Triumph that was my avatar for ages will become the Belgrano of the three!

I found some text about the episode on the TG site WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

A drowning-not-waving Top Gear saw the magnificent return of the homemade amphibious cars, Jeremy sampled a new Audi that's set to shake up the supercar establishment, and a music legend became a star in a reasonably priced car.

A while ago we set our presenters the challenge of making their own fully functioning amphibious cars. As you may remember, it didn't go well. The machines overheated on the road and mostly sank when introduced to water.

But Top Gear has never been a programme to let incompetence get in the way of a good idea, so we decided they should learn from their mistakes and have another go. However, this time we raised the bar and all three had to drive their cars to Dover and cross the Channel. Yes, really.

The drive was another festival of overheating and carbon monoxide poisoning, but all three made it to Dover without any serious problems. The next morning, James was the first to try his luck on water. A rescue boat was called out almost immediately and shortly afterwards the car sank.

Richard's craft fared a little better, but as soon as it made open water it too headed for Davy Jones's locker. Finally, with all three presenters aboard Jeremy's pick-up, the good ship Top Gear made it out of the harbour and into the Channel.

Several hours later - and much to everyone's amazement - the French town of Sangatte was the recipient of three illegal immigrants and their slightly shoddy amphibious car.

Porsche has had the market for everyday supercars pretty much sown up since the 911 came on the scene in the early 1960s. But now Audi has waded into battle with its new R8, and things are no longer so clear cut.

Jeremy was completely sold on the Audi. But to settle the argument, Richard lined up in his own Porsche 911 for a quarter-mile drag race.

Rhythm-and-blues maestro Jools Holland also turned up to talk cars with Jeremy and thrash our Chevrolet Lacetti around the test track.

First shown on: 14/10/2007

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/episodes/series10episode2.shtml

It says the episode was shown 14.10.07. So it's up on the site a bit early.

ohh yeah:) the amphibious cars are back and better than ever. :) will see if the "slowest speed ever recorded by man" will be broken or sunken :p i am counting the minutes to the show.:rolleyes:

This episode looks like its going to be great, the channel crossing sounds a lot like the disbelief of the A8 diesel.

Sure hope the channel crossing is in this episode, i have faith in Jeremy's toybota i really think it'll make it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.