[10x02] October 14th, 2007

47:50 - 48:07 i'm 100% is music by Michael Kamen, it is either from the die hard series or from the lethal weapon series (which he did all of apart from live free or die hard). i cant tell which.

Via e-mail:

I don't want to go through the registration procedure, but I thought I'd let you know that 10x02 26:07 - 22:12 is "The Schickel Shamble", by Ron Goodwin, from the soundtrack to Monte Carlo or Bust. It's also used as the theme tune to Radio 4's I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue.

Thanks for relaying the message! The song is heard twice in the episode.

ADDED:
25:10 - 25:20 - Ron Goodwin - Monte Carlo or Bust
26:07 - 26:12 - Ron Goodwin - Monte Carlo or Bust

note: I'm using the official track title from the Goodwin compilation CD that Top Gear often uses rather than the original LP track title.

Last edited:
Nearly impossible to find, but 52:57 - 53:06 was from the show "Stingray" and composed by Barry Gray in 1964. Hope this helps :)

check the first post of this thread. it may be listed there. If it isnt, at what time is it played?

and ofcourse since its ur first post, welcome aboard!

According to an e-mail I got, 52:57 - 53:06 "is from the soundtrack to 'The Battle of Britain'. Definitely!"

Ok, in season ten, the second part of the amphibious vehicle launch, their third attempt, when the screen goes black for a second and then shows dover with the subtitles reading "day three", what is that song?!?!?! I've already tried to use what some of you wrote, and none of them are it. I've already spent a considerable amount of money buying the wong songs.

Hi all,

If you look back at the R8 vs Porsch item on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaENG1vt6-Y), you'll notice the music is completely different then the music written down in this topic. Is this because the Youtube item is from another country or something?

I'm curious if anyone would (and could) help me out, finding the tracks used on this item.

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
Hi, it's not only on Youtube. If you take a look on the official UK Top Gear site, it shows the exact same R8 v 911 battle item. With the same music I'm looking for.
Which is weird, ain't it?
http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/r8-v-911

Only the original broadcast features the music that's listed here. Everything else, syndications on Dave, outside of the UK, official Internet clips etc. have changed music due to copyright laws.

Only the original broadcast features the music that's listed here. Everything else, syndications on Dave, outside of the UK, official Internet clips etc. have changed music due to copyright laws.

So basically it is an impossible task to find out which music has been used? I took a look at the Extreme Music site, but so far as I can tell, there are only like 10-15 'albums', on which I don't really find anything that sounds familiar to the music used on this show (the non-broadcast version, that is).