[10x02] October 14th, 2007

I have a bad feeling that TGD is no longer a part of the show :(

No worries. TGD is Hammond's and still living with him and his family. I'm sure she'll make a couple appearances in this series, but not in every episode.

agree at some points with austere: what ever happend to road testing cars? i mean the old fashioned way: remember when they wanted to find the 'best asian car'? that was hilarious as well as kinda useful. after all, that's what made top gear big in the first place. a mix of the mucking about and old-style road test would be great
and yeah, they do make fun of james way too often, it's getting kinda old by now. he doesnt seem to be too heartly about it too, almost a bit down.

I was very disappointed with this episode because I did not get to see Jeremy drive a Ferrari on the moon.
1 SSC Aero+1 Volkswagen Phaeton+ 1 pizza with the change= 1 Bugatti Veyron. For half the price of a Veyron you get roughly the same power and just dig this BMW-rivaled interior:

img_6068.jpg

img_6067.jpg

It is so brilliant in its mediocrity, it's just...just....aww screw it, a Phaeton and a Rousch Mustang would be a better deal all around.

Unlike last week's episode, this one was pretty decent. The R8 review was good, the guest was alright and the challenge was amusing. Sure I like the old format of more reviews than challenges but I'll still watch this.

You know, we need a newspaper that campaigns against this sort of political correctness gone mad. The Daily Mail, for instance.

D'oh!

No the daily mail campagins against everything that people might seem to be fun... puritanistic bastards

I bet littlejohn will probably go against he editor on that one though...

oh btw - I was right :p

as for hammonds porsche, he covered up the plates this time around. That's why they were falling off in one scene.

And according to new BBC directive no. 134532 the person in charge has to resign if any person below them screws up no matter how small if the viewing public find out. It's the tried and tested railtrack school of management. So bye bye Top Gear Dog.

Psst. They're not going to listen to you.

They will because I'm an owner, and will be doing a lot of business with their company in the future. And I WILL be able to BREAK them if they piss me off. VW is always complaining that they might leave the US market. Well I can force them out, because one day soon I'll be the little birdy on the President of VWs shoulder, telling him what he's doing wrong in the US market. The only reason they don't care is because they don't know who they're talking to. And if they can't take adivce from their customers and business partners, they don't deserve to stay in the market. That's called a failure of the business model. Just look at GM, ford, and the rest. Their costs are way out of line with their product mix, and they have too many idiotic production lines running when they should only have one. One that produces high quality product that people want.

And if Jeremy Clarkson HIMSELF bashes a decision made by Audi on the look of the car, the same as I complained to Audi about before this episode even aired, then there should be some merit in it, and they'd be wise to listen.

Zegna said:
Always loved the look of the R8, especially if its painted dark grey and it's sideblades are in a darker shade of grey.

It's called color co-ordination. Just look at any star trek bridge from the recent movies. THAT'S how interior design should look like. Not this boring bland BS that's in every home, business, and car, except for Audi.

Last edited:
excellent ep. the guest was a bit slow, but the rest had me in stitches. i can't actually believe Clarkson's Nissank made it across the Channel! Shame May's didn't even make it into clear water - the Herald hitting real waves would have been, er, interesting.

So you can make a comment about a burnt Potato but whatever you do don't smoke
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773

Good god. What is wrong with people? I mean, I hate smoking and hold mostly contempt for smokers complaining about all the bans sweeping through Australia too, but I will put up with it if it's funny. And that was proper funny. You get the feeling it's not the first time James' has lit up a pipe.

They will because I'm an owner, and will be doing a lot of business with their company in the future. And I WILL be able to BREAK them if they piss me off.
You can't be serious...

And if Jeremy Clarkson HIMSELF bashes a decision made by Audi on the look of the car, the same as I complained to Audi about before this episode even aired, then there should be some merit in it, and they'd be wise to listen.
Believe it or not, Clarkson "HIMSELF" is not god and no sane car manufacturer would even consider listening to his recommendations.

They will because I'm an owner, and will be doing a lot of business with their company in the future. And I WILL be able to BREAK them if they piss me off. VW is always complaining that they might leave the US market. Well I can force them out, because one day soon I'll be the little birdy on the President of VWs shoulder, telling him what he's doing wrong in the US market.
:lol: :clap: :lmao: A Michigan student thinks in a few years he'll be in control of VW America.... man thanks for the hearty laugh.

Austere, I'm with you on certain points man.

The most annoying part for me was the guest. I don't care if he's the greatest piano player in the world, he's about as entertaining as watching the progress meter on the torrent.

The R8 was spectacular, I was reading so many articles about it before the review and had even played Need For Speed: Carbon where they still refer to it by its concept name. There was a big sound difference between the actual car and the one presented in the game (at least I thought so). I love the overall look of it, but yeah those LEDs have got to go. Its like lining the bottom of your eyes with glitter from kindergarten arts and crafts.

The amphibious car segment was too lengthy and overdone in certain areas and underdone in others I feel. I liked the original format where they showed each of the presenters working on it and setting fire to things and breaking things. I loved that. They should have shown them working on it rather than showing the end result first and dragging on with the rest of the film.

I don't mind this new format, the challenges are funny, but yes I do agree that there need to be more car reviews and different and newer flavors of humor rather than the same old "Hey look its Jesus!" bit.

Looking forward to the next epi right after the snooker thingo. Where tf did the term snooker come from anyways. Snuggle + hooker?

The amphibious car segment was too lengthy and overdone in certain areas and underdone in others I feel. I liked the original format where they showed each of the presenters working on it and setting fire to things and breaking things. I loved that. They should have shown them working on it rather than showing the end result first and dragging on with the rest of the film.

I have to agree that there should be a bit more focus on the cars. I liked last week's segment featuring the 911 / Lambo / Aston because they were very much about the cars.

I'm not sure, though, that they should have shown footage of the modifications. That would essentially be repeating themselves.

If they're going to follow up on other segments, though, I think the Reliant Space Shuttle would be a good candidate. Dropping it from a helicopter to see how well it would glide would seem to be a worthwhile project.

I felt as though this episode was the same as 10X1. 1 car review, 1 news segment without much real news, and then a whole lot of cocking about on an idea that was already done before.

I love Top Gear and as much as I try not to, I cant help but feel let down.

I want to see the news uncut for this episode...