[10x02] October 14th, 2007

can anybody tell my why they compared it to a carrera 2? instead of a carrera 4? I would think that the 4 would be the real competitor to the R8.

I also think they're picking to much on James, although I would think maybe its more scripted picking, I remember on 02 x 01 James was very witty and at some parts shut jeremy off hehehe

Hello, just wanted to use my first post and say that the best shot in the whole episode was in the R8 vs Porsche segment when Hammond blasted sideways past the R8 and almost out of frame. I about s**t my pants when I saw that! loved it!
Couldn't agree more about that scene. i couldn't help but think that either ended in a big crash or it wasn't hammond driving cause that kind of speed while drifting is not an easy thing to do and keep the car in check. Put a big smile on my face none the less.

About the EP....Well it wasn't a very good one.

Amphibious Part 2 was....uncalled for. the R8 review should have been epic, instead it was too short and featured a 911 (getting really really sick of those). the SRPC was, well, boring and the news bit was really not top notch. I couldn't help but notice May was not very happy about having the piss taken out of him about every single word he said, and that doesn't film very well.

Also, someone on this board said he rewatched series 4 about 4 times and series 9 - 0 times. i can't help but think series 10 will be the same and TG has peaked long ago....
As far as us fanatics are concirned anyways...

I am prepared to give it a LOT of slack though. There has been up and down points in every season. I think this might just be a down point.

Remember next episode James will be in the Rolls Royce Drophead and Jezza in the 599!! Sounds like some classic Top Gear action to me!!

can anybody tell my why they compared it to a carrera 2? instead of a carrera 4? I would think that the 4 would be the real competitor to the R8.

They picked the carrera2 because it represents what Porsches have been about for decades. It's totally Porsche, and it costs about as much as the R8.

Couldn't agree more about that scene. i couldn't help but think that either ended in a big crash or it wasn't hammond driving cause that kind of speed while drifting is not an easy thing to do and keep the car in check. Put a big smile on my face none the less.

To bad they didn't show it tu the full, would have looked much better if it screamed past the R8 and now they cut it of in the middle. :)

One thing about the stig's run in the R8

Does that say NEUTRAL in the mirror?

102r8_neutral.jpg

:blink:

One thing about the stig's run in the R8

Does that say NEUTRAL in the mirror?

102r8_neutral.jpg

:blink:

No I think it's one of the signs telling you the distance to the corner, seen from behind. Unless the R8 has some thing which tells you what gear you're in on the rear view mirror??

I don't know why you people are complaining so much about this episode. I really really enjoyed it, had a few great laughs, I thought that Hammond zipping in behind Clarkson's R8 in his Porsche was GENIUS photography, and I must be the only one here to say that I really enjoy watching the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

I don't know the guest this week (nor most weeks) but he was very funny, entertaining, and had a great lap in the car! It's interesting to see how lay people
(albeit celebrities) drive a car competitively round a track.

I thought the R8's review was great, but maybe they could have done a real "test" on it, like Clarkson seeing if it is practical to use an R8 to do your weekly groceries. What's it really like in traffic and normal roads, and how is the boot storage. Ok that's a bit banal but still you know what I mean.

compass would be a possibility, if he wasn't driving towards EAST in that pic.

And i've driven much faster in neutral.

it's called followthrough, meaning pedal to the metal all the time.

A friend of mine has a current A4 with almost everything you could wish, and the indicator in the mirror is actually the compass. Maybe the compass is confused by the fast changing of directions... xD

[edit]
From the photo you can see the car isn't in the Followthrough, it's between the Hammerhead and the Followthrough so it could be the compass is too slow to show northeast (yes, it shows up to two digits, e.g. NE or SW) after the Hammerhead.
[/edit]

Last edited:
Anyone know why BBC decided to just not put their copyright on video streaming TG? On youtube its not allowed apparently anymore. I'd download the torrent but my house computer is on a watch list from paramount pictures (thanks to step sister downloading pirates of the caribbean 3 on limewire within 5 days of its debut) Im aware torrents cant be tracked but bottom line I cant download in my house anymore and youtube was my only source...this isn't really a big deal since I am planning to move out within 2 weeks, but if anyone knows another source or a megaupload.com kinda thing I'd appreciate it.

P.S.
Was there a scene that was funnier than last episodes, where james may was bare ass pouring water on himself?

Anyone know why BBC decided to just not put their copyright on video streaming TG? On youtube its not allowed apparently anymore. I'd download the torrent but my house computer is on a watch list from paramount pictures (thanks to step sister downloading pirates of the caribbean 3 on limewire within 5 days of its debut) Im aware torrents cant be tracked but bottom line I cant download in my house anymore and youtube was my only source...this isn't really a big deal since I am planning to move out within 2 weeks, but if anyone knows another source or a megaupload.com kinda thing I'd appreciate it.

P.S.
Was there a scene that was funnier than last episodes, where james may was bare ass pouring water on himself?

Have you considered getting a torrent client that can encrypt traffic? I do believe both uTorrent and Azerus can both do it. I don't know how much that will protect you. It something you'll have to research but its an option.

compass would be a possibility, if he wasn't driving towards EAST in that pic.

And i've driven much faster in neutral.

Don't read too much into it, it's just a compass in the mirror:

From audiusa.com:

Auto-dimming, anti-glare interior mirror with digital compass display

ak4_details_xl.jpg

Well, then like the golf's...pretty much everything, it doesn't work. That bit of the track faces east, not north to give N.

^ The Jesus joke? It's been made at least twice before, I'm sure that's what Richard was talking about.

Oh, and... the episode was decent, but it left me colder than the brilliant first episode. Like people have said otherwise, the R8 review lacked depth and good music, and the boat bit was incomplete. But it was entertaining enough, and I'm not ready to give up on TG just yet.

And Jools Holland was okay, what are you guys complaining about? But I am a pretty big jazz guy...