[10x02] October 14th, 2007

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Hilarious, I didn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes at one point.
lol at the pipes!

okay not a lot of car reviews, 2 technically, and i'm thinking as the series goes on we'll get more. But that was a bloody hilarious episode. I loved it.

Fantastic Episode, The news was hillarious especially the comment about "Baked Potato". The amphibious cars were great again & congrats to them in making it. :thumbup:
Lol it's strange that fifth gear came to the conclusion that the R8 & 911 were soo evenly matched but on top gear the R8 is about 2 secs faster & better overall.

Loved the episode! Seeing them crossing the channel was really funny! I think this will be the normal pace: 1 or 2 car review and the rest cocking about generally. To be honest, the current format is perfect, seems to me.

again 700mb in size, why is that?
'Cause that's the Scene's rules (anything over ~42 minutes gets bumped to 700MB) and most people don't care about the size, so I put out what came out first (the Scene vs. Vuk).

Very strange that Sniff Petrol (absolutely hilarious site) was referenced, but they didn't use the image that Sniff Petrol are using. I guess it's cos SP's image has Texaco written all over it...

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/2007/10/08/depressed-hamilton-stops-for-petrol-on-way-home/

It's funny, because Sniff Petrol started the whole Jason Potato thing a few years back as well!

It's always a bit odd when they script it that one of them has to love a car and one has to hate it, when in actual fact, they both really like it. You could tell Hammond loved the R8, but he's just a Porsche fan at heart, it was kinda like when they were pretending they hated the Brera last series.

I still enjoyed it though! Although they need to stick to talking about cars with the guest, rather than plugging stuff and talking rubbish.

Shame there's not an episode next week :(

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't think I've laughed so hard ever...

James and the pipes was hilarious. Him just sitting there, definitely looking in place. A slightly unnecessary delve into the aspects of Plato's accident, although I do like the Baked Potato line...

The R8...:eek: - I want NEED one of those. It is so much better than the Porsche in all aspects; proportions, power, looks, style, comfort etc etc. Also loving their showing of distaste towards the government/Gordon Brown's decision on the election...:lol:

But the hilarity really came (missed from when TG isn't on air) when the amphicars were rolled out. James' Herald was useless. Never was going to work. Richard's new dampervan looked lower and wider, giving it better stability (yes Jeremy, that's the word). And the Nissank was actually damn good. He really should have spent some more time on the interior (I mean the water gushing through the air-vents) but it was a truly good, yet hilarious result.

Another great episode from the lads. Shame we have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode.

Only problem with this epsidoe was the guest. Boring again. When are they going to get proper people back on again?

Other than that too, brilliant episode. Hilarious all the way through. Good car reviews at the start, news was great (speically the pipes), and the amphibious challenge was even better than last time. Pleased that they made it to France in the end. :D

Excellent episode, but I missed the last 5 mins. Bloody Sky+ crapped out....

Anyone know if this is going to be repeated?

I have not laughed like that well since Saturday when I met James! :spam: Really lovely guy. Anyway the R8 looked amazing, shame there was no noise and fanfare like a supercar traditionally has. It's understated but the power looks awesome. The Porsche 911 looked and sounded great too. The news was also funny, Jeremy's antics with the lit pipe LOL, James looked as though he belonged!!

The challenge.....brilliant....what can I add. They topped the original amphicar challenge. At least one of the vehicles made it to France.
WELL DONE TOP GEAR!:thumbsup:
Shame about the snooker:mad::thumbsdown::tvhorror::sleeping:

Only problem with this epsidoe was the guest. Boring again. When are they going to get proper people back on again?

I'm sorry. Have you ever seen Jools Holland play? He is one of the greatest Piano players I know of on this Earth. You are an idiot.

rhegedus said:
Anyone know if this is going to be repeated?

Wednesday. Also, why not just download it?

Great episode, hilarious news and challenge, awesome Audi and I like Jools Holland. Better still, he is actually interested in cars and the plug was short.

Rhegedus - it's repeated on wednesday nights.

In case our American cousins didn't get the reference with deciding against a "general election" after the Audi review - in the UK the prime minister spent two weeks saying there might be an election, then the opinion polls turned and he suddenly said he wanted more time to prove himself.

The R8 is amazing, truely the car of the moment. I would walk over the hot embers of a 911 to get one of those!

Curious about one thing though. As of this summer it is illegal to smoke in the UK in any enclosed space that is not your private residence. So how come they were able to light up their pipes. Could it be it wasn't really tobacco (while Jeremy said "nothing on this show is fake"?!?!)

Oh, did anyone noticed Jeremy saying for the second time in 2 weeks:
"because everything we do on this show is off course for real" (this week: with the Ferrari on the moon item).
I think they're referring to this: http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=20467

I think they are also referring to the trouble the BBC (and other stations) have been in lately with regards to incidences where programmes have been clearly faked, such as the Blue Peter naming a cat saga and the phone in competitions that were won by people who were in the studio.

I too loved the political dig about calling a general election!

What happened to the self driven BMW from the pre-discussion thread? That was a rather good episode, but they seem to be fitting less content in, with just one road test and a challenge as well as 2 Fifth Gear references in a row. Adored the R8 segment, and the amphibious cars were once again an hliarious triumph, if a tad unoriginal after repeating it before.

I loved it, but an hour is way too short. How about 2 hours? That would be awesome. Star in Reasonably priced car was better than last week, but I still used that segment to go the the toilet and get some crisps.
Audi R8 was awesome! It looks futuristic and molded for aerodynamic perfection. Much prefer it to the 911.
The challenge was great, and I'm so pleased they got across in the end. Sometimes I think they deliberately fail, and no matter what they said after this weeks show, they succeeded.