[10x02] October 14th, 2007

OMFG, that episode was hilarious! I can't believe they did it! I thought for sure they'd sink. :lol:

Thankfully they had that bilge pump constantly shooting a stream of water out the side of the car. :lmao:

@ Speedtouch & phenergn

Do you know which chanel it will be repeated on?

There was a lot more planning into Clarkson's pickup this time. The bilge pump, for one, obviously served it's purpose. Also, that truck had to have been tested to begin with because I can't see his Nissunk would've been able to make the journey, plus help the others, without some pre-testing. His truck was obviously way better than anything the other boys brought.

Being said, I once was on Lake Michigan in an extremely small boat in a shipping lane, and it scared the bejeezus out of me. Just seeing Jeremy leave the harbor reminded me of that and I can definitely visualize myself there. Fake, staged, tested, whatever, it's still an achievement to make that journey.

Loved it!

Aaaagh! Two weeks before another Top Gear!! :cry:

Nonetheless, what a great episode. The R8 is so awesome, oh if I only had the means to get one. <3

I'm amazed they got across the channel at all. Even on good days it's not the best experience for small water craft (weather and traffic included). A bit disappointed that we didn't get a few minutes to see them highlight their design improvements while building their amphibious cars. Jeremy definately deserves credit for his design making it across with all 3 (!) of them on it. Probably one of the high moments of backyard engineering. :lol:

Quite a good episode, this.

Two women in the audience were "poking" out of their shirts as well, just an observation.

Great episode! I really like the way this episode was put together. It felt more natural and realistic.

The 911 vs R8 bit was good. I was taken by surprised when Richard showed up, I really wasn't expecting that. But I think... I think I would take the 911S over the R8. Simply because it seems more fulfilling to drive, which Richard seemed to forget about by the end of the segment.

The boats were great. Even better then last time, since they all worked... sort of. I'm glad to see them succeed, especially with all three of them piled on Jeremy's Nissan.

Love the R8, if they're really making a V10 version that should be really kick ass. But for the comparison they should've used a Carrera C4 instead, then both car would have awd.

The amphibious car challenge is rubbish. It feels like I'm just watching the s9 ep again. Overall the ep is alright, hopefully it'll be better next ep.

Love the R8, if they're really making a V10 version that should be really kick ass. But for the comparison they should've used a Carrera C4 instead, then both car would have awd.

The amphibious car challenge is rubbish. It feels like I'm just watching the s9 ep again. Overall the ep is alright, hopefully it'll be better next ep.

The previous amphibious car challenge was from series 8.

The be quite honest I was disappointed by this one, I really want to see them review more cars, I mean this was as bad as season nine.

I rather liked it. IMO the R8 is a pretty nice car and Jeremy's review of it was great, lots of good camera work. The amphibious cars were silly as before, but it was cool that at least one of them actually made it across! And the look on their faces when they found out where they were going was priceless...
News was pretty funny, especially with Jeremy and the pipe.:p
Star was meh, I find I'm skipping over the section more and more these past few seasons.

I loved it. The review of the R8 was brilliant and then comparing it to the 911S was nice, too. I'd take a 911 hands down, though. Much, much better looking car. The challenge was hysterical. For anyone who's ever spent time in their own back yard or garage building their own toys, boats, car parts or amphibious cars, that was a personal victory when they hit the beach in France. Aside from that...who can resist a few friends cocking about? :lol:

a great episode...I loved "Mclaren's new supercar" hahaha..that made me laugh for like 5 mins...and the part where Richard is definently getting high off the foam smoke

I think I would take the 911S over the R8. Simply because it seems more fulfilling to drive, which Richard seemed to forget about by the end of the segment..

no actually they never really touched on that, and that more then anything else pissed me off. I like Topgear because they genuinely review more then just the stats of a car, they dive deep into its soul, or there lack-of. But something just seemed lacking in the R8/911 review. It was by no means bad, and Jeremy did make some points that were worth noting, but usually it just seems like he has more to say, and almost as if some of what usually would have commented on was either never written, or edited out for stupid reasons.

Anyways, good episode! But somehow it seemed shorter then it should have been, maybe because the amphi-car challenge took up so much time just starting.

One last plea, STOP WITH THE STUPID SOUND EFFECTS, i dont need to hear a man breathing and a lion growling when a car is being reviewed, it just undercuts everything else and makes the review seem cheaply made, nomatter how good the camera work is. Also what happened to the amazing soundtrack? did they fire the man responsible for selecting the music and hire some dork with a obsession for overlaying reviews with stupid sound effects. I know that probably all the segments are in the can already, so i don't expect (even if somebody who works on topgear actually reads this) anything to change anytime soon, but by-god the sound effects suck.

Last edited:
no actually they never really touched on that, and that more then anything else pissed me off.

I'm pretty sure Hammond did mention that the 911 is a more involving drive when he and Jeremy first started racing. Jeremy was even making fun of Hammond, know what he was saying in the other car.