[10x03] October 28th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its great to hear that May will be given time for his own review. Whats more, its with the type of car thats just his cup of Tea!

Speaking of Captain Slow, I thought he was brilliant on the last episode! "Im getting quite bored of sinking...." LOL!!!!!

Im quite interested to see what they have to say about the Reventon, Im assuming they have managed to get one in the studio somehow? Will be interesting to see

Interesting indeed, but I don't think they will be nice about it.... I quite don't get the point of that car. Don't get me wrong -- I LOVE Lamborghinis, but the Reventon is just a Murcielago (LP640 I think) with a new outlandish bodywork... and it costs 1m euro?! Mad...

One of the Next Episodes.

One of the Next Episodes.

Guysss....
I have caught a glimpse at the, i hope, one of the next episode of the series. Its a RACE,not a challange. hurrarr! Jezza , Stig, May and Hammond race across London at rush hour. Each of them take diferent methods of transport, including public. It looks good fun. I read the article in a boating magazine, there?s a clue for you.

See ya around ..
ciao

You guys think they'll put the veyron around the track? They have it again for another "challenge" (aka non-track thingo). I just wish Bugatti would stop being fearful (or whatever reason) and let them thrash it around the track. I would love to see it get a workout by cuddles.

Definitely looking forward to James' RR review. By far I think he's the most proper car reviewer giving every detail of the car an epic long presentation in his videos.

Not sure about the Ferrari though. I didn't like the Ken-styling of the 612, but I'm sure it'll live upto it's badge.

Gah week... go away... I wanna dl the episode nao! :blowup:

599GTB a new car? its was evo mags car of the year 2006, not exactly what i'd call new, we'r only a few months away from 2008..

not just that, but FG tested it in july 2006!!!, in 9x13....but alas, its TG, and thats all that matters

and i agree, 6x10 is one of the best episodes of tg ever.

Oh man, another rock dinosaur. Wonder who they'll snag next, a Beatle or Led Zep?

The Sydney Motor Show couldn't get a Reventon, but Top Gear can. FUCK YOU SYDNEY GROW SOME BALLS!

I would expect the Reventon just to be on the screen in the news, not actually in the studio.

The Sydney Motor Show couldn't get a Reventon, but Top Gear can. FUCK YOU SYDNEY GROW SOME BALLS!

Probably because the TG track test is more important :) Jezza, James and Hamster can destroy a car's reputation with a single word.

Possibly new info on TG site

"The silly men in waistcoats have put away their balls and bits of wood, so Top Gear is returning to your screens. Episode Three of the new series airs this Sunday at 8pm on BBC Two, and it's set to be an absolute cracker.

The Big Race sees Hammond and a Bugatti Veyron take on a jet fighter. Yep, that's plane versus car in the most horsepower-packed challenge we've ever undertaken. Don't miss it.

Jeremy has finally lured the Ferrari 599GTB down to the Top Gear test track, but how will the front-engined V12 supercar's lap time measure up?

James, as is his wont, has been sampling something a little more refined: the Rolls-Royce Drophead Coupe. That's 6.7-litres of delicious British goodness... driving a convertible Roller. Sorry.

We've also got the self-parking Lexus LS600h in the studio (absolutely no potential for disaster there, naturally), as well as Lamborghini's awesome Reventon: the million-Euro special-edition Murcielago that looks like a jet fighter and goes like one too.

Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood is the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car, while Isle of Man local Jeremy squeezes himself into the Isle of Man's finest export: the Peel car. Never heard of it? Google it, then prepare to be amazed."

Sorry if it's a repost. Link: http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2/

how is jeremy going to fit in that peel car thing.....

tridentsale.jpg

snooker = billards.

Not quite, but close enough for the non initiated, ask in Thailand.

ot. snooker is quite different from billiards ( besides of course it includes table balls and cue :D ), and it's far more difficult. But also fun as hell to play ;] for those who doesnt know snooker

Cue sports (sometimes spelled cuesports) are a wide variety of games of skill generally played with a cue stick which is used to strike billiard balls, moving them around a cloth-covered billiards table bounded by rubber cushions.

Historically, the umbrella term was billiards.

With that out of the way, anyone feel the withdrawl effects of a week without TG when the series have finally started? I need more Top Gear! :mrgreen: Dame Ellen May in an Rolls, with a Porsche pipe perhaps? That would really make my day.

how is jeremy going to fit in that peel car thing.....

That's a Peel Trident (they still make those!) the car Jezza will be attempting to drive is the p50, which is even smaller.

chris_littler_peel_470_10_469x352.jpg

EDIT. just realised the car at the front of that pack is the one he drives!

20microslide_peel190.jpg

What an awesome car! I'm really looking forward to this episode, it looks like it's gonna be packed with stuff :)

Another preview from TopGear.com

The silly men in waistcoats have put away their balls and bits of wood, so Top Gear is returning to your screens. Episode Three of the new series airs this Sunday at 8pm on BBC Two, and it's set to be an absolute cracker.

The Big Race sees Hammond and a Bugatti Veyron take on a jet fighter. Yep, that's plane versus car in the most horsepower-packed challenge we've ever undertaken. Don't miss it.

Jeremy has finally lured the Ferrari 599GTB down to the Top Gear test track, but how will the front-engined V12 supercar's lap time measure up?

James, as is his wont, has been sampling something a little more refined: the Rolls-Royce Drophead Coupe. That's 6.7-litres of delicious British goodness... driving a convertible Roller. Sorry.

We've also got the self-parking Lexus LS600h in the studio (absolutely no potential for disaster there, naturally), as well as Lamborghini's awesome Reventon: the million-Euro special-edition Murcielago that looks like a jet fighter and goes like one too.

Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood is the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car, while Isle of Man local Jeremy squeezes himself into the Isle of Man's finest export: the Peel car. Never heard of it? Google it, then prepare to be amazed.

That's all this Sunday at 8pm on BBC Two. If you missed last week's episode - or you just want to watch it again because it was so darn good - that's on again this Wednesday at 7pm on BBC Two.

I some how don't think they will have one to test in the episode, may be at the very most they wil have one to look at in the studio.. if that. They might just talk about it in the news section.

I some how don't think they will have one to test in the episode, may be at the very most they wil have one to look at in the studio.. if that. They might just talk about it in the news section.

Sorry for repeiting this answer... i just quoted without reading on.

Yet another preview from topgear.com for the episode with some pictures. Hopefully, they'll have another trailer soon. I wonder if they had to cut a sunroof for Jeremy's head? :lol:

TGTV preview: small wonder

Top Gear is back on your screens this Sunday at 8pm on BBC Two, and the third episode in the new series features one of the, erm, smallest challenges we've ever undertaken.

Think 'small car' and you might think the original Mini or Fiat 500. Well frankly you'd not be thinking small enough, because in the Sixties an Isle of Man-based company called Peel came up with what is one of the smallest cars ever made.

If you don't believe us, have a closer look at those photos.

But although the Peel is less than four-and-a-half feet, even a lofty chap like Jeremy could insert himself into it and drive it around.

The only problem, of course, would be getting him back out. So we kept him in there. For a whole day.

Will Jeremy - and the Peel - survive? See the results for yourself this Sunday at 8pm on BBC Two.

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.