[10x03] October 28th, 2007

Thanks! I loved that bit on the show. The whole song is amazing!

I've found it available as a legal free download. Is it OK if I post that link?

Please please do! I've been listening to the somewhat dodgy quality version of it on her myspace over and over.

or pm it me if you can't post it

Thanks! I loved that bit on the show. The whole song is amazing!

I've found it available as a legal free download. Is it OK if I post that link?
If it's legal, then go for it.

If it's not, please keep it to yourself. :)

47:19 - 47:54: Midnight Cowboy Theme (Not sure what version though!)

I have both the original John Berry version (which has the guitar and drum in the background) and the killer Henry Mancini version of this. HOWEVER the one used in the show is neither!

I think that makes you and I the only people in the world who know that song, I know it from SomaFM, performed by Martin Denny.

51:59 - 52:13 - Deciphering the Signal - Steve Jablonsky - Transformers OST
Yeah, I though it was from Transformers as well but if you listen closely you'll notice the percussion is different.
It turns out that it is from: The Number 23 OST.

51:59 - 52:27 - Harry Gregson-Williams - Laura Tollins

Last edited:
Might have already been covered but...

Might have already been covered but...

How come I have an awful lot of the music that is used and has been used in Top Gear?

Bands like Unkle are not exactly mainstream and some of the instrumental/soundtrack stuff is down right obscure.

Sometimes I feel like the TG sound editor has access to my iTunes library...just a similar taste in music or maybe I have missed my vocation in life and I should be sound editing for TV/Film...:)

22:01 - 22:29 Javier Navarrete - The Funeral (El Funeral)

From the Pan's Labyrinth film, just when the Ferrari review goes bad.

TG's prolific use of Hybrid in their soundtracks makes me happy.

47:19 - 47:54: Midnight Cowboy Theme (Not sure what version though!)

I have both the original John Berry version (which has the guitar and drum in the background) and the killer Henry Mancini version of this. HOWEVER the one used in the show is neither!

I think the version used in the show is from his 1992 John Barry album Moviola (Film score re-recording compilation)

Last edited:
eyes at the billions by Tidwell is just insane, it made the Ferrari segment incredible!!!

can anyone tell me where can i get hold of the midnight cowboy track that's played on the episode? i cant get it out of my head and it's an excellent track. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.