[10x03] October 28th, 2007

swordznsorcery

I hope not. They're in charge, and they should make the decisions. Programme makers should never, ever listen to fanboys.

Gothjod

Car(s)
Grand Cherokee '97
Simply Outstanding Ep. As usual the Photography and music selection are beyond anything in this world. And I love every minute of it.

Favorite Episode after the 3 Supercars in France ep.

Thank you Top Gear Team.

fallen angel

Car(s)
10bhp go Kart ^^
20,000... for a TV show on a tiny island... in 3 hours and 70,000 in 4 days??!

That's a phenomenon that few shows have ever achieved.

That is not just in Great Britain, all over the world or so (another planet perhaps:lol:)
I?m from Portugal, and it?s about 1 and a half year that i?m watching Top Gear, since I gone in a trip to visit London and buyed a TG magazine
In my group of friends only 2 know and discuss Top Gear episodes and stuff

Now about this specific episode, i think it was awsome, the peel made me laught like i wouldn?t laught very time ago.
And the Lambo Re(B)venton just stunning

Sorry for bad English
Cheers from this corner:D

Momo63

Car(s)
I am Mondeo Woman! *sighs*
[QUOTE ]

. Can we have the Stig ACTUALLY review a car. [/QUOTE]

Mate, how's that going to work? Will he tell us about using sign language? Semaphore? or just beam his thoughts straight into our brains?

Last edited:

janstett

Car(s)
86 944 Turbo, 2000 TA, 09 GC Overland, 11 CLS550
I hope not. They're in charge, and they should make the decisions. Programme makers should never, ever listen to fanboys.

After series 9 Jeremy posted on his blog looking for feedback as they were struggling over direction -- cocking about was bringing in big ratings and cars were farther in the background. I think the fact that s10 marks a return to old form shows they listen to the hardcore fans like us.

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon
You know what's interesting, they said the Peel was the "best car they've ever had on the show!"

I watched 2X01 today, and Richard listed the Peel as #4 on his "Top 5 Worst Cars of All Time" list.

My, how opinions change!

Last edited:

tedb43o2o3

Car(s)
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Too bad they didnt let the Stig to drive Peel P50 on their test track xD, also the "sport version" of that.

Brian

Car(s)
2 cars: 6 cylinders up front, LSDs out back
10/10. Even having seen everything this season up through 10x9, this episode is still my favorite by far. Was anyone else just dumbstruck by how well shot James's review was? That in combination with the obscure bits of the Solaris soundtrack was nothing short of cinematic nirvana.

That American Girl

Car(s)
None, right now. Bye Bye Mustang. :-(
I'm watching this now, and just noticed the clock on the dash when Ronnie Wood was doing his lap.

At the beginning it read "2:05" and right before he went over the finish line, it read "2:10".

Slowest lap ever?:lol:

One minute, 49.4 seconds my ass. :p

shellygrrl

I think it's the same deal as when they film the Stig's power laps: The best time clocked goes on the board; the best footage from various laps are edited together for telly.

johncartlidge

I am relying on memory here, but I have a recollection of during James? visit to Radio 5 Live he was asked about the reality / honesty of Top Gear because of some Daily Fail nonsense. He finished his explanation superbly with:

?It may not be real, but it is true.?

This followed an explanation that what is on film is the result of assorted re-takes, back tracks etc, often without the ?talent? present, but the races, challenges and lap times etc. are genuinely reported.

?It may not be real, but it is true? is a fair summary of life really.

palefacetsw

Car(s)
Lotsa Cars....
I wonder why he didnt roll that P50 a hundred times like he did the Robin in 15x01.....would have been way funnier.....

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
Car(s)
🏃‍♂️
I wonder why he didnt roll that P50 a hundred times like he did the Robin in 15x01.....would have been way funnier.....

The P50 had a lower center of gravity compared to its width, was not loaded unevenly (one driver on one seat vs one driver in the right seat - remember how the Robin always rolled on left turns?), and the P50 had two front wheels which help when you turn because the force does not go straight off to the side but diagonally to the front and the outside edge of the car, basically towards the outside front tyre.

palefacetsw

Car(s)
Lotsa Cars....
When he was going around that roundabout, you could clearly see the front left wheel come clean off the ground....would have been 20 times funnier if he rolled it right in front of Television Centre......