[10x03] October 28th, 2007

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
That was easilly the best episode so far this series, and possibly one of my favorites of all time. I have noticed the past 2 episodes only comprised of 2 main segments, but this one was absolutely packed which made a refreshing change, not to mention the balance in being informative and entertaining was sublime. And that race was simply epic, yet the Veyron still hasn't been put around the test track?

But above all - I want a Peel :D:D:D

It was fantastic, it felt like 2 hours. (I mean that in a good way)

Wooo! It was awesome! And it was packed with segments. Felt like an episode from series 6. I loved the Rebenton, that is one hell of a good-looking car.
Best episode this season so far - and SIARPC was better than sometimes.
Jeremy in the Peel was great. I loved his dig at the BBC health and safety carbon-cutting meetings.
The Veyron ... what can I say. Breathtaking.

Top Gear at its very, very best. There just wasn't a single bad thing about this week's episode. James May did a car review!! When did that last happen? Without wanting to spoil anything - the 'people' in the 'meeting' at the BBC... talk about taking the piss. (Funny because it smacked of the truth, too)

567 out of 10.

Brilliant.

Not bad at all, in particular the Peel 50 part.

However, donning the flame resistant suit I have to say i'm starting to get bored of super car review. Yes, we know there are lots of them and they're all very fast, but they seem to spend a great deal of time trying to do justice to the car so you basically get a track segment. I have no doubt that appeals to the petrol head demographic, but they're not the only viewers.

Compare that to the review of the Peel 50. Thinking about it, most of my favourite reviews are for 'normal' cars where the guys have added an original twist. Think of the mothers car review, car ice hockey/football, Smart fourfour.. all normal cars.. but, with an original twist on the review.

Eurofighter bit was very entertaining.. although the whole 'uses computers to make it more agile' thing had me pulling my hair out. The real reason is long and boring but basically it has nothing to do with agility.

Last edited:
lol, Wow. This episode felt soo werid without the 2 part mucking about segments. It's been a good while. (not that i hate them)
A very good episode packed with different segments. The Rolls was great, the 599 was great, Jeremy in that little car was hilarious & the end race with that unbelievable jet was fantastic. LOL I could just see Jeremy ripping into him as soon as he lost the race. :lol:

That was easilly the best episode so far this series, and possibly one of my favorites of all time. I have noticed the past 2 episodes only comprised of 2 main segments, but this one was absolutely packed which made a refreshing change, not to mention the balance in being informative and entertaining was sublime. And that race was simply epic, yet the Veyron still hasn't been put around the test track?

But above all - I want a Peel :D:D:D

Completely agree. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the first two because I prefer big challenges, but I was wrong. The Peel was one of the funniest Top Gear segments ever, can't remember laughing that much since the caravan holiday or American road trip episodes. Car reviews were good too. News was brilliant, with Jeremy with the phone and James talking about tampons... :lol: The car that parked itself was also great, and the race was one of the best races yet. Shame about the outcome, but it was incredibly exciting.

Can't wait until the Africa trip next week! :D

Finally, Finally, Finally they have got back to cars. And they've given us one of the best episodes for years.

That Rolls is just magnificent, it's such an impressive car it just radiates cool. I much prefer James' film to the fifth gear review (which itself was very good) because it got across the presence of the car.

Obviously Jeremy can't go too far wrong with a Ferrari review. The cinematography and soundtrack just completed that film for me. It looked amazing and I was just glued to the screen, and the noise of that thing is so cool. I loved the secret uber-launch control as well - you can see the "official" launch control allows way too much wheel spin. I can't believe Jeremy doesn't think it's good to own, and I feel like I disagree, but then he has driven the car a lot and I haven't so perhaps he has a point.

They haven't had many good guests recently, largely people plugging books and films. Ron Wood is a proper international megastar, a rock legend, and he must have enough stories to keep the audience interested for a week. For the first time in a while I wanted the interview to keep going longer.

That micro-car was pretty funny. I can't belive they got so many top news readers to cock about with it. For our American friends, those people are the face of BBC news and present the most watched and respected news progammes in the country. Perhaps they laboured the joke about the ethnic, carbon footprint, single mothers meeting too much - it wasn't all that funny.

Goes without saying that the final film was stunning. Eurofighter Typhoon + Veyron + race = guaranteed success.

very cool episode, i laughed my ass of seeing the car pass behind the newsreaders :lol:

I thought they'd keep the Veyron part at the end for all the suspense :p

Nice episode overall, I loved the Small Car part, and Clarkson going into the BBC. I wish they did more of that :p

Praise the BBC and everybody at Top Gear, the format we all love has returned. More segments in one show then ever before. And an actually car-related cocking about bit. This might be my favorite episode ever, just because it featured everything I love about this show. :D

God was that good!!! Loved every minute of it. Seen the FG helmet clutched in Hammonds hand at the last segment. Loved the little car on the BBC news and Dermot coming out a turning Clarkson around!!! May, tampons all that was hilarious really liked it a lot was one of the best I have seen in a while.

Cant wait until next week with it being a African special! Hopefully it will be similar to the American one which still has me in stitches when I watch!!!

Funny thing top gear with all the cuts at the beeb TG just seems to go from strength to strength!

brilliant, loved it in the news studio, i wish i saw that on the news channel first lol. Reventon dashboard, breathtaking (look at my username :p). 599, he had it spot on, brilliant but boring almost, no real soul, just a computer with wheels. That rolls review was one of the best james has done and i am about to make a thread relating to the news, look out for it

Top Gear is back. While the other 2 shows this season were by all sandards pretty good, this one just blew them and the entire series 9 away. Everything was good about this show. James was spot on with the Rolls (great images there <3), Jeremy was absolutely spot on with the Ferrari review, the small car bit was just hilarious and then the icing on the cake..... THE HELMET, HE WEARS IT! :D

Thank you Top Gear, you made a happy man even happier.

OMG what an epic episode!!

The Fighter vs The Veyron - pure poetry. Could only be matched in beauty by varied supercars full throttle while Red Arrows took off alongside, a dream I have had since 13th July 2005.

Well done on the Hammond Helmet again everyone!

TG definately needs the hint of cocking about which the Peel provided. Believe me, it keeps the girls happy!

The car parking itself bit didn't really work for me, but helped make the choppy, fast paced feel of this episode.

The Rolls. Jeremy's wife recently complained about having to ride in it. Chauffered by Jeremy. I say she should count herself lucky. I'd pay LOTS for the privilidge. What a car!!

The Fezza. Didn't like it at all. She just looks wrong.

Best of all - wasn't Jeremy gorgeous?! *sigh* Yes, even in spectacles.

Last edited: