[10x03] October 28th, 2007

The Rolls bit was probably the best today. Really puts the point across, very cool car. Even with all the wood and and unpainted bonnet, it just works, and May presented it perfectly :)

And THE HELMET!! WOOOO!!

To sum this episode up ; Fun Fun Fun.
As a non UK viewer, I even liked the guest this week. How could I not like Ron Wood. That guy is Rock and Roll. :mrgreen:

The Peel was hilarious, and the Veyron was just cool, especially with Richard wearing the Finalgear helmet. And the Re(v/b)enton :wub::w00t:

Great episode - all been covered above I think, any hooo one of the best ones. Wonder what the viewing figures are?

Our helmet was on the telly \o/

Brilliant episode. It was great to see James doing a proper car review again, the Peel was hilarious, the secret launch-the-ferrari-trick was awesome, the Revent?n... Could go on for a while. :D

Great episode, easily best so far.
Loved the Rolls & 599 reviews, laughed my as* off during the peel segment, Veyron vs. Plane drag race was just brilliant.

I'm very delighted, that TopGear kinda got back to car related stuff, multiple segments, some useful info & a lot of pation & soul.

Last edited:
Our helmet was on the telly \o/
Well done everybody who was involved in that.

2004622537113520483_rs.jpg

2004635259023089839_rs.jpg

Best shots I could get of it. :)

Amazing episode! James May did one of his best road tests and the guest was funny and quite interesting. 599 is an awesome car and I kinda disagree with Jeremy, I think it is more than a computer on wheels. The Peel part was one of the most hilarious Top Gear segments ever, especially the television center part! :D

I was in an airshow last summer, they had an almost similar race between an aerobatics plane and an extremely tuned Subaru Impreza WRX STI with a drifting driver behind the wheel. It was fun to watch him driving up and down the runway, but it was nothing compared to Veyron vs. Eurofighter race! That's the coolest race I can imagine!

Andy, you twit!

Show yourself and take credit for this epic episode.

My god what a quality item this show is. Simply incredible.

I'll try... The aerodynamics of a plane flying aren't the same between subsonic and supersonic, specifically the wings generate lift slightly differently in each state. Hence going from one to the other is a problem as the plane becomes unstable. Normally you have to use tricks like pumping fuel around as the plane goes through the sound barrier to stop the tedious 'crash, burn' problem. The Eurofighter says 'sod that, let a computer sort it out'.

Does this have anything to do with "supercruise" (flying past mach 1 w/o afterburner)?

Can't wait to see the episode, I'm salivating!

I was really upset I didn't get my weekly dose of Top Gear last weekend, but this episode more than made up for it. Definitely one of the best Top Gear episodes ever done. Has to be in the top 3 of all seasons. From start to finish this was entertaining, educational, funny and informative. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I'm going to time my vacation to England to coincide with getting tickets to be in the audience of a taping of a future episode!

Good episode, they definitely fit more than what they have been in past episodes and thats awesome.

What a great episode! Top notch!

Reventon :heart:

Veyron :heart:

Eurofighter :heart: :heart:

Top Gear :heart: :heart: :heart:

Talking of the Reventon, nice pic on TG's site.
01.jpg

Holy shit. That is awesome.

That was superb, everything has pretty much been said already.

But i'd just like to add the peel segment is in my top 5 moments now!

Jermey

I'm not one of those people who spend their time on meeebo and myface.

LOL

I love this episode!

Wonderful just wonderful! Finally episode 3. It was so fun it made me feel happy :) Every minute worth watching - DropHead, Reventon (reBenton):p, Peel 50, Veyron and a Aurofighter.:burnrubber: I am so excited for the next episode in the desert!

Wow, episode 3 was worth the wait. This has to be my favorite Top Gear episode ever... FOUR segments ALL involving cars - I hope this is the show format more often :)