[10x03] October 28th, 2007

I loved this episode, and I really want a Peel, seams everyone does.

Was the part of the Peel segment where Jeremy drives past the news desk in the background actually broadcast on the news, or was that specially made for the show?

I'm going to have an aneurism....because i'm on Comcast!!!! AAARGGGHHHH... and it may take another week of downloading before i get to see this episode that you all are going crazy about...

ARARRRRGGGHHHH!

(google for "Comcast blocks torrent" if you are lost)

but why i'm posting...

major major kudos to the team that got the helmet to hampster... that may be the coolest thing ever. I hope that he gets a ton of British fan emails asking "wtf" so he will have to explain it on the show someday.

I have comcast and I had no problems dling it :blink:

Check your settings in your torrent downloading thingamajig. Make sure you have your port for downloading open and make sure you have all the settings on for optimizing the download speed.

On topic: I think everyone else summarized it, if I posted "Great episode I really loved this and that", it would be repeating what the past 70 people said so all I will say is here is a wallpaper of that orgasm-inducing Reventon:

http://lurkerpatrol.deviantart.com/art/Lamborghini-Reventon-wallpaper-68492442

Note if you want it in a different format just PM me or something. I might make a wallpaper topic in the photoshop section.

God I can't stop thinking about/looking at that car, it's just awesome.

The funniest part of the entire episode by far was the Peel in the BBC news.

what an episode. And finally, a guest who was worth seeing. Kudos top gear, I legitimately cant wait till next week.

Exquisite.

It just goes to show how brilliant they can be when they stick to their roots.

The jet race looks bothced.

Not only did the pilot fail to ramp up the thrust before releasing the brakes as you can see by lack of afterburner against the pavement in the starting shot, but clearly visible halfway down the runway(which would have made the jet even faster at takeoff), but also I beleive the spoiler on the veyron should NOT have come up at any point during the run until it reached the end of the track. It looks as if the wing was up halfway through the track, meaning it was not in the special mode, unless it's because he took 2 minutes to brake from the high speeds.

what a great episode.

the RR segment left me breathless.

i think its the best segment james may has ever done. close second being the maserati 4 door.

oh and i'm convinced that only 20-something year old, very cute british women work at the BBC. did you see that blonde that helped jeremy? she was looking very nice.

Last edited:
Smashing episode! I just got home from Uni and got to finally watch it, and a true return to Top Gears of Old it was!

I'll admit to grinning like a lunatic when the helmet got on camera, haha!

That was a BRILLIANT episode. Jeremy in the peel was hysterical, but James accomplished something even more astonishing...he caused me to like a Rolls-Royce. The feeling and emotion that his review and the cinematography of the Drophead segment conveyed were amazing. VERY well done, Top Gear!

Yeah, that was pretty good. Way better than the last two. No cocking about (except maybe for that Peel segment) and plenty of cars!

A proper car review by James (for the first time since the Honda Civic I believe) was nice to see but the review wasn't really anything to write home about. I think he's rusty after 18 months in storage.:p

The news had its moments. That phone-in parking thing just looks ridiculous. And the no smoking furor is ridiculous as well. I don't why you Brits put up with it...
It's getting really annoying that the only things Hammond ever seems to say to James are derogatory. James seems pretty bored with it as well. Let the man speak you little prick!

That 599 is old news and so is the launch control "secret".

I skipped the SIARPC segment.

The Peel segment was cool until it kept going on and on and then I started thinking "OK, he better have a good point at the end of this." but he didn't. I thought it was (like a lot segments these days) pointless, not very funny and way too long.

The result of the Veyron thing was pretty much a foregone conclusion, really. I've seen races between very fast cars and jet planes before and the plane always seems to win (but I understand this sort of clip is more for the kids at home and since I'm not a kid I didn't really expect it to hold my interest)...

Come to think of it it was a pretty weak episode, actually. Even tho it was full of cars...

quite the refreshing episode.

i have to say i didnt find it quite as enjoyable as the challenges they do, but it was nice to see a more car-centric top gear for once. all that was missing was the cool wall (kinda, the lexus did crash into it a few times lol!)

still great show,

buggatti !:w00t:
Eurofighter !:w00t:
HAMSTER IN THE FINAL GEAR DESIGNED HEMLET ! :w00t::w00t: :megaw00t:

tha reventon looks amazing, probably going to be well worth the ?800,000 it costs. way i see it that car wont depreciate. ever.

i cannot believe JC fit in that peel. omg.

and its nice to see alot of people in the BBC have a sense of humour in them. (besides the TG lot)

also... eurofighter.... im glad we have a dismantled one in the aero/auto dept here at loughborough. its a cool thing to go look at, though they did need to lop off a wing to make it fit. plus its got no engines, and alot of it seems to be made from traditional aluminium + alot of rivets/screws/fasteners

Last edited:
Gotta say, I loved the episode! Just wanted to throw in my two cents before i went to bed. Will read page 2 and onwards of this thread tomorrow, and will post my thoughts on it in detail haha!

Enjoyed it massively :D

It was a good episode, but far from my favorite ever. I think them driving through the Alps for example was way more awesome.

Still though, as I said, awesome episode. :cool:

The Reventon was the first Lambo for a while that I liked the look of and one that, if I had the money, I would buy. So Cool

Does this have anything to do with "supercruise" (flying past mach 1 w/o afterburner)?

Can't wait to see the episode, I'm salivating!

It'll certainly help you supercruise as you cut down the 'trim drag' flying supersonic so need less thrust.

It was a good episode, but far from my favorite ever. I think them driving through the Alps for example was way more awesome.

Still though, as I said, awesome episode. :cool:

I agree... it wasn't a crap episode, but tbh... I enjoyed the 1st episode of this series more than this one. For some reason, I've gone past watching Top Gear for car reviews, I actually prefer watching it as a form of Motoring related entertainment, makes it more enjoyable.

The Peel segment was funny, but I think I laughed more in the Cheap Porsche, tractor and the cheap supercars episode.

But nevertheless... still a great episode :D

I'll try... The aerodynamics of a plane flying aren't the same between subsonic and supersonic, specifically the wings generate lift slightly differently in each state. Hence going from one to the other is a problem as the plane becomes unstable. Normally you have to use tricks like pumping fuel around as the plane goes through the sound barrier to stop the tedious 'crash, burn' problem. The Eurofighter says 'sod that, let a computer sort it out'.

So the manufacturer description is wrong?

Great Episode, loved all of Season 10 so far.

I thought it was another great episode, and all the high points were already mentioned...so I'll just add that I expected everyone complaining about the lack of car reviews, etc to be satisfied with this episode, which is pretty much what I read here with the exception of Austere (who is FinalGear's harshest critic. ;)) Afterall, it's easy to criticize.

Also, with James's review, it was cool to see the car reviewed at night in the city. A bit different from what they do, and nice to see the car's exterior as well as interior at night.