[10x03] October 28th, 2007

Great epp. BBC gets +1 rep points from me.

I also have noticed that Hammond has started to become quite a mouthy smartarse. His reviews used to be sort of "status quo", but in this episode he was hugely entertaining.

Fantastic... JC had me laughing my pants off with that micro-car!!!! AND HE HATES A FERRARI!!! (never thought he'd say that, as he's in love with the brand)

What was with Hamster at the very end of the Reventon bit? Didn't get it. The Lexus trying to park itself was funny in itself, James is back to his good old days with his RR-Drophead review, and finally all 3 of them have driven the Veyron. But not all 4.
BUGATTI, WHY DON'T YOU GIVE A VEYRON TO THE STIG????? :(:(:(:(

I enjoyed the episode, and I want to buy the camera operators and editors a drink. Those guys/gals do sterling work making the show look and sound fantastic. I will admit to being a little uneasy with it turning into "Top Gear - Supercars-R-Us", however. Call me old fashioned, but (as Jeremy alluded to in his intro to James' RR piece), it would be nice to see them review (more often) something that 99% of us could actually hope to afford. Otherwise it could just becomes self-indulgent, JMO. Apart from that minor quibble, I am enjoying this season so far. Beautiful cinematography, excellent presenters, and a lotta fun. And some cars...

And I agree with other posters who have commented that Richard and Jeremy need to lay off the "James is Weird" stuff a bit. It's getting really old. Yes, James has his eccentricities. We get that. We don't need to see the point laboured every week in the news segment. I kinda get embarrassed for him. I know it's all part of the "schtick" of the show, but still....Share the ridicule, that's what I say!! Show a clip of Jeremy's pie-ing incident, or Hammond's Dogtanian photo.

Is it just me or is the Veyron odometer/tach shot the same as the one from the Veyron vs. James' Flying trash can race?

Also does anyone have the clip of the BBC news when the Peel drove by in the background?

Awesome episode

and finally all 3 of them have driven the Veyron. But not all 4.

As I read that, I was thinking to myself, 'how is Top Gear Dog going to drive the Veyron?' :p

My favorite segment had to be May in the Rolls. Nice car, nice shots, and nice commentary. It was the sort of review that got me interested in Top Gear in the first place. :thumbsup:

I would've liked a longer news segment, if only to get the trio's impression of the new Nissan GT-R.

EDIT:
What was with Hamster at the very end of the Reventon bit? Didn't get it.
I'm not sure if this was what you didn't get, but

Reventon is pronounced Rebenton
Badge is pronounced... ;P

Thus why Jeremy said at the end "got away with that" (or something along those lines, don't have ep with me), because the BBC would have him drowning in letters from offended culturally diverse single mothers looking to reduce our carbon footprint.

Last edited:
This has a chance of being the best epiode ever, in my books.

The Bugatti vs. Typhoon Eurofighter was EPIC :w00t:

Nice to see the helmet in the show :p

Shame they didn't do more with the Reventon

Brilliant episode, funny as hell. Veyron race was awesome and for a while it was owning the Eurofighter, but nothing pawns the RAF. I want a Peel so badly, I could keep it in my shed :lol: wonder if you can get them of eBay. Ferrari review was well done as was the RR one, poor James got the pish ripped out of him as usual.

Good to see them getting back into cars!

Although I find it quite humorous how with each and every new episode there are bound to be at least 10 people citing it as the best episode ever! hehe....

ok, this episode is another example of how lost the new TG is. The peel bit was magnificent but way to short. Great editing and really funny to see JC driving around the BBC building annoying and taking the attention of other people. Hovever the Ferrari and Mays bit were really dull. Yes, the myface line was great but where are the good old car reviews from 7 and 8 th season. I want my MC12 reviews style back or korean cars or anything else from that period. I can not wait till africa challange because I know it will be just as a magnificent 9 season. The TG crew really has to find themselfs in what they want to achieve with this show.

ok, this episode is another example of how lost the new TG is. The peel bit was magnificent but way to short. Great editing and really funny to see JC driving around the BBC building annoying and taking the attention of other people. Hovever the Ferrari and Mays bit were really dull. Yes, the myface line was great but where are the good old car reviews from 7 and 8 th season. I want my MC12 reviews style back or korean cars or anything else from that period. I can not wait till africa challange because I know it will be just as a magnificent 9 season. The TG crew really has to find themselfs in what they want to achieve with this show.

i simply couldn't disagree with you more.

...well i could, we both thought the peel part was great but anyway.

Clarkson driving behind the news readers...faked or did that really happen live?
I figure its the BBCs own shows, they could have done it for real this time.

Anyone know?