[10x04] October 16th, 2006

it just occurred to me ... if they replaced lovejoy with a monkey, there would be minimal differences in terms of entertainment value :yucky: c'mon, any hobo can do a donut in a go kart :roll:

I don't know why the producers insisted on ruining the show. Everything new that they've done to the show has made the show suck more. Every single thing that Lovejoy has done has been absolutely boring and utterly pointless. I just skip past his segments. I'd rather see buffon segments on car crashes or fuel efficiency than watch him. I still have no idea what he's doing on the show. Send him back to Soccer AM.

goneinsixtyseconds said:
it just occurred to me ... if they replaced lovejoy with a monkey, there would be minimal differences in terms of entertainment value :yucky: c'mon, any hobo can do a donut in a go kart :roll:

A monkey would be infinitely more entertaining and just about as relevant.

Lovejoy must be gay...just watched the part with that GQ bloke, not even partly interesting. But I'm glad that JP is back...he ads some talent to the show ;)

Here in the U.K., Top Gear isn't being shown due to Richard's accident. Despite quite serious withdrawal symptoms, I still have not become desperate enough to watch Fifth Gear. Reading the comments here is unlikely to change my mind.

Next week's show doesn't sound like it will change my mind either. This is from the programme synopsis from the Radio Times:

"Johnny Smith races on the world's biggest lawnmower".

How wonderful.

Hello, by the way, I'm a new type. :wave:

From the very start of his FG colum-

I'm the very last person who should be writing about cars

Aye to bloody right, he need to update and add in "present a show about cars"

Its called Cadwell Park, probably my favourite track in the UK and it is indeed a great place. Its fantastc to watch a race from as the track is spectacular and spectators can get close to the action. The fact there is no paddock as such means that with certain race meetings, as a spectator you are part of the paddock as that is the car park! You can get close up to the racing teams and their cars/bikes and I love that. it has a great atmosphere.

The track is a little dangerous however, as a few lives have been claimed there over the past couple of years, but the place is still magnificent.

I reccomend a trip up there if you ever get the chance, tickets are usually cheap.

(Yes I was suprised and pleased to see it make an appearence on 5th gear too and it made the feature for me!)

Time for some acronyms:

JP back OK
LJ is a BJ
VBH has got fat and even more unfunny/annoying since last season..
(was about to put "but I'd still do her though", but thought better of it! :D )
And TIFF, good, but not enough of him.

Even the new guy with the hair's bit was alright..

TBH the first ep this series I have actually thought about keeping on my HD!

maximus said:
Its called Cadwell Park, probably my favourite track in the UK and it is indeed a great place. Its fantastc to watch a race from as the track is spectacular and spectators can get close to the action. The fact there is no paddock as such means that with certain race meetings, as a spectator you are part of the paddock as that is the car park! You can get close up to the racing teams and their cars/bikes and I love that. it has a great atmosphere.

The track is a little dangerous however, as a few lives have been claimed there over the past couple of years, but the place is still magnificent.

I reccomend a trip up there if you ever get the chance, tickets are usually cheap.

(Yes I was suprised and pleased to see it make an appearence on 5th gear too and it made the feature for me!)

Cadwell's a great track.. been there many a time servicing for rally cars when I were a wee lad! But it isn't that dangerous.. if you want serious danger, go to Oliver's Mount in Scarborough! :twisted:

Well lets see...PLATO, PLATO, PLATO, PLATO!!!!!!

I'm glad he is back and he saved the segment as usual. Tiff as always :thumbsup:. Vicky on the track :thumbsup:, in the cafe :thumbsdown:.

She is more herself inside a car on a track racing.

Oh, before I forget. The advice given by the GQ asshole and Lovefuck is that big expensive cars and SUVs with flashy clothes are there so that you can become a womanizer and be an asshole. "Most guys like new things." Excuse me, I'll take a car from the 80s and 90s personally because I don't like nannied cars. Useless clip. Donuts was useless and it made Vicky look bad as well. Again, she belongs on the track with Tiff and Plato.

Tom, well I read all that information on Top Gear so I knew what was coming :lol:. Still, I always have liked his reviews and him personally.

That's all for now. Much better than before but Lovefuck needs to go.

This episode is definitely the best so far, but of course that isn't saying much.

The most annoying part for me was the going back and forth about what cars are cool between the two queers. I was turned off immediately when the Jag went by and they kept referring to it as an "old jag" that would fall to bits before you got anywhere in it. When someone talks about an old unreliable jag they're typically referring to a 70's or 80's model, not a 96-present model like the girl was driving. So GQ guy thinks an Aston or an Audi R8 is cool? Well, no shit! What sort of expertise does it take to say an Aston or R8 is cool? I was really getting pissed when they were going back and forth between the Rolls and Bentley. Who cares which car those guys like better? Wait, I think I'll take the Bentley since Lovejoy likes the Rolls.

This ep is very watchable. I just had to skip the cafe and the Lovejoy's segment. The Murano GTC is a pretty cool SUV, I wish they say how it gained 100hp tho. From the engine sound it seems like they added turbo(s), but even the GReddy TT adds more than 100hp stock. It doesn't sound like an SC, but it could be the Stillen SC, which adds 100hp (or so).

The drag car was pretty cool, I wouldn't call it a street car, but can't argue with 0-60 in 1 sec. :shock: I wish they line it up with a Viper or something (TVR?) and have a go.

Tiff's Gallardo review is cool, I wonder if the ESP really completely shuts off tho. Cuz it seems like he enters the corner very sideways but only exiting with very little angle.

awdrifter said:
Tiff's Gallardo review is cool, I wonder if the ESP really completely shuts off tho. Cuz it seems like he enters the corner very sideways but only exiting with very little angle.

I think that may simply be because the AWD system has the front tires clawing it straight when he is giving it opposite lock. The car was going around corners at angles a stability system would never allow. That he had the car behaving like that period is a testiment to the rearward power bias of the gallardo and more importantly the God like driving ability of Tiff :lol:

transtek said:
Cadwell's a great track.. been there many a time servicing for rally cars when I were a wee lad! But it isn't that dangerous.. if you want serious danger, go to Oliver's Mount in Scarborough! :twisted:

Oh yes I've spectated there a few times, and driven round the track. The place is crazy! That final hairpin is so tight, I needed 1st and nearly full lock to get round it in my car!

ahpadt said:
Tiff and Tom rocked. Rest sucked.
The end.

That sums up my feelings. Why are they persisting with destroying this show? I mean for the very least get rid of Lovejoy, wtf is he doing anywhere near a car show?

MUCH MUCH better...

i think fifth gear's crew might be reading our comments :lol: