[10x04] October 16th, 2006

Well Poochie Lovejoy is still there and I still haven?t learnt to tolerate him.

Given he?s the 'TV personality' of the group, you?d think he?d be able to deliver lines without sounding like he?s reading.

Great to see Jason back, but they had another ?teach a novice how to drive? segment. This concept is good once or twice like watching VBH saying ?oh mommy? but not one every episode and none of these have come close to James May learning to drive the TVR.

The cafe scenes still detract from the actual content, next time Tim goes to get Vicky a bottle of sauce they should stick him behind the deep fryer with the rest of the adolescent twats.

The Vauxhall Victor article was good, would have liked to see/hear more about the engine.

Tif was good as always.

What?s impressive about teaching a muppet how to do a burnout in a go-cart? Retards have been doing circle work in fast food carparks for years.

Get well soon Hampster.

BritCG20 said:
Viewing this episode as a standalone, if Lovejoy had not been in this episode anywhere this could've been a 9/10. But since he was, and his segment was rubbish, it's only a 7/10. Finally a season 10 episode of 5th Gear that is worth watching.
I agree, it was pretty good! :)

Loved Tiff's review of the Gallardo - that is exactly what I like seeing on motoring programs! Maybe it's just me but the shorter gear ratios had Tiff rather busy with the gears....

It was nice to have Jason back. I don't usually like him but he did good this episode and his segment was moderately entertaining.

Vicki - Yey she finally stopped giggling behind the wheel :D I enjoyed her review although the outcome was predictable. Yet again Vicki's S2000 has mysterious changed colour.....

Tom's review was bang on although I would have preffered he be a little more like the funny, quirky Tom Ford we've come to know and love. A good review though, very informative.

That fastest street legal car bit was ok. I have a soft spot for the original of that car. Weird :| I hate that guy with the spikey hair though....

The rest of it was garbage however. That cafe setting and those two hosts are terrible for a motoring show like this :thumbsdown:

maximus said:
Its called Cadwell Park, probably my favourite track in the UK and it is indeed a great place.
(CUT)
I reccomend a trip up there if you ever get the chance, tickets are usually cheap.

Thanks for the info Maximus. I'd really like to have a trip and visit all of those "hidden" goreous tracks in UK.
I really enjoy driving on hilly tracks (as your can see by my signature ;) ). Do you know of others tracks in England which offer similar altitude variations?
I remember of a Top Gear Eepisode where The Trio bought three wrecks and tested them on a rather beautiful complex, comprising a track similar to Cadwell Park, an oval and a "comfort lane" (you know, they had to mantain a bowl full of water on their lap and try not to spill... of course they failed). Do you know what location was it?
Thanks again.

Kamox said:
I remember of a Top Gear Eepisode where The Trio bought three wrecks and tested them on a rather beautiful complex, comprising a track similar to Cadwell Park, an oval and a "comfort lane" (you know, they had to mantain a bowl full of water on their lap and try not to spill... of course they failed). Do you know what location was it?
Thanks again.

I guess you mean the Millbrook test track. Tiff trashed around the alpine circuit in old TG while testing the 911 (996) Turbo, still one of my favourite clips ever <3

http://perljam.net/google-satellite...m/Bedfordshire/Millbrook/Millbrook_test_track

I initially hated Lovejoy like most people, but I'm actually starting to like him a lot more. They just need to give him more interesting things to do. I liked his piece on the G-Wiz.

Tom Ford had a great review of the new mini, fun to watch as always.

Also I'm liking the guy with the spiky hair more as well.

Kamox said:
an oval and a "comfort lane" (you know, they had to mantain a bowl full of water on their lap and try not to spill... of course they failed). Do you know what location was it?
Thanks again.

As yes, I can't remember! I know that the oval is called the speed bowl but I can't remember the name of the place itself! I'm sure someone will tell us.

*edit, ah I didn't read Raparperi's post!* Yes it is Milbrook.

Other great tracks in the UK I reccomend are Donington, Oulton park & Knockhill, all are twisty and offer great spectator viewing.

Get rid of love joy

Get rid of love joy

This was a better episode compared to the rest of this season,its still far from good.A hugeee improovement can be made if they get rid of Lovejoy!

Funny as I was watchin this...

Lovejoy is beginning/has been sounding a bit like the Geico commercials in the States and a cross between Ali G if you listen to him long enough.

It was good fun to see JP back and Tiff is the man! The rest of them are bollocks.

I hated Viki very much when she did this:
http://img224.imageshack.**/img224/3507/bscap0001df3.th.jpg

Thanks again.

Ah, Top Gear s06 ep02. Millbrook (sp?) - 2 mile banked oval, rough test roads, and an alpine handling track.

Those old car challenges are the best :)

Compared to that - messing about in a gocart in a car park? :thumbsdown:

I guess you mean the Millbrook test track. Tiff trashed around the alpine circuit in old TG while testing the 911 (996) Turbo, still one of my favourite clips ever.

Hi, is that an old Fifth Gear, or an even older Top Gear?

Thanks
/C

cobs said:
I guess you mean the Millbrook test track. Tiff trashed around the alpine circuit in old TG while testing the 911 (996) Turbo, still one of my favourite clips ever.

Hi, is that an old Fifth Gear, or an even older Top Gear?

Thanks
/C

To be honest, I wasn't sure at first. I've seen the same clip around the web named under both Top Gear and Fifth Gear, but since the 996 turbo was released in 2000, it must've been in Top Gear, because Fifth Gear didn't get started until 2002.

So, it's not just an epic Porsche review done by Tiff, it's probably one of his last and finest reviews done while working for Top Gear. 8)

edit: Here's the clip from google video, enjoy :)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3794434044671883285

i'd just like to see them separate vikki and lovejoy and see how they do without eachother, this fake flirting thing is old and very fake as i said.

I think that if they gave lovejoy a topic of some substance he could look at it from a different point of view then the others, but he gets handed crappy jobs. they put him there for style, and personally i think he lacks it mentally. i think his wife dresses him and that's how he gets by. vikki shouldn't be allowed off of a track. Jason, tom, and tiff would be better choises to put in the cafe and actually keep on topic. they just seem much more educated in general. as for the spikey dude, interesting topics sometimes, but they are just missing the "X" factor that make them good.

Why do I laugh when Clarkson says "we were inundated with a letter" ... and just roll my eyes while Vicky says "we were inundated with tens of letters"?
Wreck my ride is boring ...

Seriously, it's just turned into a terrible show.

Z0RR0 said:
Wreck my ride is boring ...

Seriously, it's just turned into a terrible show.

I cant even watch it, I skip 30% of the show :x

Get well Hamster.

I think there's something really special going on here: The ratio of anti-Lovegay comments per post here is incredibly high. I don't think I have seen so many people in agreement on an any one topic on the whole internet, ever. I haven't seen a single even slightly positive comment about him.

I mean Daniel Pedrosa after Estoril or Michael Schumacher after Monaco or even the Stewards at Monza have had some kind of support on internet forums. I'm impressed.

:lol:

I thought Viki was going to show the (many) complaint letters filed by us petrolheads. Seriously, that Lovegay segment was so retarded. Who does that middle aged bald man think he is? Hes such a richass snob and annoyingly opinionated. No shit the Aston DBS and the Audi R8 are cool cars, but how much do they cost each? Useless. Good thing Tom's review on the Mini and Tiffs review on the Gallardo saved it abit.

Meh the Johnny Smith segment was okay. Hes starting to look like a decent presenter.

[...]
So, it's not just an epic Porsche review done by Tiff, it's probably one of his last and finest reviews done while working for Top Gear. 8)

edit: Here's the clip from google video, enjoy :)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3794434044671883285

Thanks, that's a beaut clip.
Improved downforce "sticks the car into the road <airborne> ... </airborne> most of the time.." :thumbsup:

That is *exactly* what we want more of. None of the false banter designed to chew up time in a cost effective way between articles.
"We're nearly at the end of the episode, what's been your fave part Viks?"
-Guess who :x