[10x05] November 11th, 2007

i suspect in another life he could have been a film reviewer instead of an automotive journalist

Isn't the role of "sarcastic film reviewer" taken by Barry Norman? Or has he retired now? It's been a few years since I've seen him.

I'll be surprised if the Brazillian electrician comment doesn't get a wave of complaints. And I don't think you need to live in the UK to understand it, the incident got quite a bit of coverage over in other lands as well.

I agree with the Stig's opinion of Hamilton though.

NTM

But ... to take this back to the start ... my Point was, that the Caparos Road-equipment slows it down, wich would be unnessesary because you can?t acutally use it on the Roads.

I am not dening that the T1 is an astonishing Racecar and impressive enginering ... I?m not saying it isn?t fast ... but I?m saying it could be faster, and it is stupid that they?ve slowed it down, just to lable it as an "Road Car" even though it can and will only be used on a Track. If you do something, do it right. Get that Car some hydrolics that raise it if on normal Roads ... or throw away the Street-equipment.
I can sort of see where you are going, but the only street equipment there is, are lights and indicators, hardly adding much weight. The only significant limiting factor to it's performance that I can see imidiately is the road legal tires.

Anyway, for whatever we know there might be a hydraulic leveling suspension system available as an option. Remember, this car was designed and engineered by those who did the McLaren F1, and that could be kittted with whatever you could fancy. it wouldn't suprize me at all if there was a huge amount of options available for this as well.

The Caparo T1 by the way is not the fastest Top Gear tested unoffical car. Watching an episode from series 6 and the Aston DBR9 went around in 1 min 8 secs

Brilliant episode.

However, I would say that the fastest way across London is likely on a motorcycle since lane-splitting is legal in England

Agreed, the fastest way to go throug a town is on a motorcycle, preferebly a supermoto.

But i guess jeremy couldn?t live with loosing to a motorcycle so they left it out (though i?m sure richard would have suggested it ;) )

GREAT Episode though, imho way better then the africa-special

Loved the episode! The whole time they were testing the Caparo I was thinking.. there's no bloody way that will make it over a speed bump! sure enough, jeremy pulls it and that got a cheer from me. :lol:

The Caparo T1 by the way is not the fastest Top Gear tested unoffical car. Watching an episode from series 6 and the Aston DBR9 went around in 1 min 8 secs
Well, the Renault R24 F1 car did the lap in 59 seconds, but isn't really a road car, now is it? The DBR9, also is a purpose built racacar running on sticky racing tires. The Caparo T1 is by far and along the fastest road legal car on road legal tires to have gone around there.

Well, the Renault R24 F1 car did the lap in 59 seconds, but isn't really a road car, now is it? The DBR9, also is a purpose built racacar running on sticky racing tires. The Caparo T1 is by far and along the fastest road legal car on road legal tires to have gone around there.

Okay fair point the Renault R24 is offically the quickest. But even with the road legal tires you still can't use a Caparo T1 on the road because it wont get over sleeping policemen

Okay fair point the Renault R24 is offically the quickest. But even with the road legal tires you still can't use a Caparo T1 on the road because it wont get over sleeping policemen

I have a 40 mile each way commute to Uni and I don't have to go over a single sleeping policeman and none of the route is on a motorway. I think the only place that the Caparo would struggle with is getting into the car park at Uni.

I have a 40 mile each way commute to Uni and I don't have to go over a single sleeping policeman and none of the route is on a motorway. I think the only place that the Caparo would struggle with is getting into the car park at Uni.

Okay but what happens when you leave Uni and your journey to work is filled with sleeping policemen, you're screwed then aren't ya, smart arse ;)

Anyone care to explain this Brazilian Electrician thing to me? Or give me a link to the story, it went over my head. I don't follow the news at all.

First time posting
nice episode and hope Oliver will be on future episode...
i also just noticed that during the London city race, where May's was being tailed by the police car, i am certain at that time the driver wasn't May (its a guy with glasses and he looks skinnier) has anyone realized this? or is it just my eyes?
The T1 is really amazing......

Quality episode. Man in Aston beats man on skates. Superb!

Okay but what happens when you leave Uni and your journey to work is filled with sleeping policemen, you're screwed then aren't ya, smart arse ;)

Sell the car :p
I was simply trying to point out that sleeping policeman are not absolutely everywhere, and unless you are unlucky enough to live on a road with sleeping policemen (which someone who can afford a Caparo won't), then there are always alternative routes with no sleeping policeman.

Last song of final segment

Last song of final segment

Does anyone know what the song was that was playing and who performs it at the end of the race across London right before Jeremy runs into the airport? Its the one that is orchestra type music...

thanks