[10x05] November 11th, 2007

Good episode, very like the one 2 weeks ago. I'm glad they didn't get caught up and carried away with the speed of the Caparo (I noticed a white R33 GT-R amongst the rescue cars). Too much money for something too unusable and too unreliable. Even if i was a billionaire playboy I wouldn't waste my garage space with it.

Stig not a Lewis Hamilton fan? haha. I'd have taken the boat even if it were the slowest. Cruising at 9mph on the empty river looked a relaxing way to commute. You must hate yourself to cycle in London. Look at what Hammond went through and sandal wearers are still trying to convince us it's the way forward.

...so what memorial are those apple thingy pins for?

Paying tribute to all those from the world wars.

Get Ellen MacArthur back!!!

Get Ellen MacArthur back!!!

Not in this country mate. Cyclists have to obey traffic lights here.

Excellent episode - Hammond's shouting and swearing at the buses was sheer class :) I had a feeling he would win it - though I was suprised at the Stig - that's not a bad journey by public transport.

And as for the Aston............wow.

But Simon Cowell - who needs him. Get someone good on to knock him off the top, guys

Get Ellen MacArthur or JK back so she could knock Mr.Pop Idiot out of the top before the awards are given out this December. I don't know why they like that bastard out of all the excellent celebrities they had. They should have better sense than that, especially Jezza. This could be JK's chance to redeem himself after being knocked down by Jodi Kidd.
[/font]

Last edited:
haven't had a chance to post since yesterday, bit of a late opinion from me. i though it was good, but quite forgettable. the Caparo was the only exciting car there (Aston was nice but was just a V8 Vantage). i don't like Simon Cowell and i don't remember any of the news. race at the end was good, but who's idea was it to let James drive the car? according to the others he has no sense of direction and got lost in London before so maybe that's why the car lost. as for the bobbies pulling him over, wth?

good show, not great :)

So did anyone notice that second police officer stopping James? I thought he looked remarkably alike John Tickle (the Brainiac dude)...<_<

It was a fab episode! I really laughed out loud at some points especially when Richard was swearing at the buses :lol:

I really thought Jeremy would win that but glad Richard did as he tried sooooo hard and must have been knackered! :blink:

I enjoyed that episode, some fantastic moments. The Stig on public transport and Hammond just swearing like a trooper and props to him for winning loved his smug look.

Just a few things though. The music in the items this series hasn't been fantastic and the filter they used in Aston review bleeched the colour to much for me.

But yeah enjoyed it

basking the question is the opposite of ignorance
Nah, knowledge is the opposite of ignorance... not the desire to learn but the actual knowledge gained from learning. By simply asking the question he hasn't gained any knowledge and therefor he is still ignorant. (Well technically, he's no longer ignorant on the subject because Viper answered his question)

Now feel free to leave me alone. :D

Incidentally, I seem to remember a previous TG/poppy thing. The Land Rover up a mountain episode. JC compared the number of complaints received about not wearing poppies (tiny) with the number of complaints about driving the Discovery to the top of the hill (twenty billion).

Yeah but that made no sense because in the previous episode they were wearing poppies erm series 5 ep 4 i think it was... but anyway

EPIC! That is no doubt one of my favourite episodes.... IN THE WORLD! V8 Vantage was OK, but the Caparo T1 and not to mention the race across London was really good. The Stig with the mobile phone, I laughed my ass off! :D

Nah, knowledge is the opposite of ignorance... not the desire to learn but the actual knowledge gained from learning. By simply asking the question he hasn't gained any knowledge and therefor he is still ignorant.

Thats the biggest load of twaddle I've heard in a long time.

I used the word twaddle. I'm channelling James May.

Another superb hour's entertainment from TG. Was anyone else as irrationally annoyed as me at the silly women on the bike telling Hammond to go faster? Surprised he didn't tell her where to go.

FUCK ME, A PROPER TOP GEAR EPISODE AT LAST !!!
Well thank you !! Thank you very much !

The best episode in a very long time!! Although the V8 Vantage bit was a bit flat, but i'm not a fan of AM anyway... :thumbup: To the TG crew!!

i loved this episode. and i actually usually like the siarpc bits too. i think it was funny when simon told his story of being signalled a tosser in the r8. the caparo and am bits i've almost fogotten about and i only watched the ep like a few mins ago. but the race was ace again
last time i was in london i chose to go by public transport and i sure as hell hated it. not that i like public transport in the first place, but it's just so aggravating and annoying and.. lotsa other things best left unsaid.

last episode wasn't as 'bad' to me as for most (apparently), but this one here was proper top gear again. thanks for that.

Another superb hour's entertainment from TG. Was anyone else as irrationally annoyed as me at the silly women on the bike telling Hammond to go faster? Surprised he didn't tell her where to go.

YES! I felt annoyed too! I can't believe she said that to him :blink:

I couldn't stop laughing when Richard stopped at the lights and told the lady to have a nice walk across the road :lol:

Across London race

Across London race

But the vehicle that really won was the BMW motorcycle that was filming Hammond! :)

Also kudos to Hammond for the win, he didn't even look out of breath at the end, obviously in pretty good shape. It would've been hilarious to see Jeremy on the bike though. I dread to think of the crappy air one would be breathing while cycling in London (or most big cities).

Just spotted this...

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/12/capture2.JPG

Quite nice to know a Skyline GTR R33 is there if anything burns :p

Renault 2006 F1 car holds the record - 59 seconds in the wet. It was removed for the same reason the Caparo went.

Erm no, The F1 car is a car built to race without any consideration to various regulations for noise, emissions etc. That's what it's not on the power board.

The Caparo T1 is a road legal car and if they didn't have that stupid rule about going over speedbumps it would still be there. Apparently it's only 1 inch lower than an enzo.