[10x05] November 11th, 2007

Thanks - but didn't they already do it in a previous series?

Are you refering to when Renault gave one the Stig? That was Series 5, episode 8. And it was only the Stig who drove it. Renault claimed their car could lap the track in a under a minute.

Definitely a great episode. Probably the best of the season as it had similarities to the old days of top gear. The race through London was great, and it showed that Hamster is still his old angry arguing self.

Rant/ I HATE Simon Cowell. I just want to punch his smug face in, and I'm not one who resorts to violence ever. He makes crappy music and thinks that because dopy teeny-boppers buy this shit that its good music. Oh and its not hard to be higher than Britney Spears right now as she is kind of in the garbage recently. /rant

Oh come on guys?! Someone must've noticed John Tickle as the second officer that pulled James over?!

...and that's half the series already gone :sad:
Anyway, the best bit was when :jc: arrived totally exhausted at the airport check-in just to be told that "the gentleman on the bike" has already arrived - utter shock! :rofl:

What I find amazing about the Caparo though is how fast it was, it was only 10 seconds slower then an F1 car, and thats pretty good for a track car. Also what made the race really good is the prospective shown in it the cycling made me feel like I was riding my bike and such.

Oh come on guys?! Someone must've noticed John Tickle as the second officer that pulled James over?!

I need a screenshot NOW :)

The GTR is actually one of the safety guys. Hes a fireman by trade. He writes on another website BTW.

Liked some of the Stig moments. "mind the gap" "looking at the adverts" "paper" Hammonds face to win. Clarksons face to loose.

Better balanced episode than of late. Hesitate to say its the best ever. Im still holding a candle for the 80s v 00s supercars episode.

EDIT

I like the Caparo personally. But its right on the limit on everything. I admire it, would want to drive one, but cant say its a great car. On a side note, I think mentioning 5th Gear (In a non-dig) way was cool. And also specifically mentioning Platos injuries went a long way to making up for his "Baked Potato" comment.

However, Brazilian Electrician comment was a bit marginal. (Non Uk-ers will need to Google Jean Charles de Menzies. A tragic accident obviously but something that seemingly has been put to bed by everyone except for a handful of noisy idiots hoping to score political points against Highly trained Officers operarting in the Capital under extreme stress given events of July 05)

Last edited:
This was just THE BEST TOP GEAR EPISODE I've seen since a long time. Amazing. The Caparo - an astonishing piece of car, the fireguard army - certainly one great laugh :) Simon Cowell - well, I don't like him really, but it was more than fun watching him argue with Clarkson. And the race - I can't find another word but EPIC. Excellent idea, great camera work, and a brilliant tension part at the end where the boat sped up, with that music selection - just great to watch. Only the first segment with the Aston and the jet man was not so exciting... but that does not really affect the greatness of the episode.

I like it very much! Interesting episode. Although there is very interesting though coming up in my head - last episode do you remember Stig's African cousin - he was with dark skin. Before that, during the weekend Jeremy received his award from a very similar looking dark skinned man, and JC said something about meeting with him again soon, or something like that, something about the show. And today in this episode, you can notice that Stig was trying to read a newspaper in the tube.
There was an article about that same man who gave the award - King Lewis was the title. Just a little thought - Is it possible The Stig to be Lewis Hamilton?

I like it very much! Interesting episode. Although there is very interesting though coming up in my head - last episode do you remember Stig's African cousin - he was with dark skin. Before that, during the weekend Jeremy received his award from a very similar looking dark skinned man, and JC said something about meeting with him again soon, or something like that, something about the show. And today in this episode, you can notice that Stig was trying to read a newspaper in the tube.
There was an article about that same man who gave the award - King Lewis was the title. Just a little thought - Is it possible The Stig to be Lewis Hamilton?
http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?p=562635#post562635

I want to slap you.

bahahah, awesome ep, not as funny as i'd have thought, but certainly kept the smile on my face throughout and widened it at times. This is turning out to be TopGear, oldschool! :D

Word!

And I felt with Hammond all the time when he was swearing at the bloody bus drivers - traffic's not that bad where I drive but my experiences are pretty much the same, they overtake you and flash masses of exhausts into your face just to stop half a mile later and repeat all over again.

That was quite good, I thought. Certainly the best of this series and (dare I say it) the best of series 8/9/10. It just had something that the eps have been missing recently, a certain completeness about it.

Aston vs. Rocket Man was good, short, sweet and to the point with a nice section before the actual race about the car. News was better than usual, and the fact that they've reduced their bagging on James is good. Caparo was hilarious with all the breakdowns and Team America signals. That thing is truly nuts! The Star was MUCH better than it's been since series 8. So funny to see Cowell and JC lobbing insults at one another. The challenge was great too, fantastic cinematography and music. I especially liked Richard's stream of expletives at one of the lights, and Stig's bewilderment with everything.

This is the best race ever on TopGear! awesome. Stig was so funny.....very very funny.
and Simon......he is really mean...seriously mean. :lol::lol:

Brilliant episode.

However, I would say that the fastest way across London is likely on a motorcycle since lane-splitting is legal in England

God I love Top Gear!!!

The more I see the more I want!!! I loved the London race, I tought I was really well filmed, specially the bits Where Jeremy was able to go at full speed with the powerboat. It reminded me that scene from "The World is not Enough".
I just can't believe how fit is Hammond. After having the big crash he has dared to go to the North Pole the hard way, has crossed an African Country and has crossed London with a bike. GREAT! :D

The Caparo T1 was a bit scary. Brilliant idea of a "car" but I think they are trying to sell it too early because the car needs a lot more time to be developed properly. Breaking down every now and then and really unstable at corners.

God I hate Simon Cowell! He has a fucking R8 and doesn't even know how it's called!!! :mad: And I really miss the news where they actually talk about cars. They haven't mentioned yet anything from the Tokyo Motor Show (except from that Misubishi I think). I would like to hear their opinion about the GT-R at least.

The Aston v Jet Powered man was the most boring part. But that Vantage sound was worth it.

So, overall great episode. I can't wait till next Sunday (well monday for me).

Holy shit I want a Caparo T1

I think if I lived in the UK, I would go as the Stig for Haloween. The race was great.

Last edited: