[10x05] Ratings

upyourego

Car(s)
Learning to drive
Ok so Top Gear was the highest rated show on BBC Two and the second highest rated show in its timeslot across all channels on Sunday night - beaten only by Heartbeat.

8 - 9 timeslot
ITV1 - Heartbeat (8.1 million 28.5% share)
BBC TWO - Top Gear (7.4 million 25.9% share)
BBC ONE - Antiques Roadshow (5.4 million 18.9% share)
Channel 4 - Wife Swap (1.8 million 6.4% share)

BBC TWO
Top Gear (7.4 million - 25.9% share)
Long Way Down (3.8 million - 14.7% share)
Match of the Day 2 (2.7 million - 14.2% share)
Songs of Praise (2.6 million - 13.0% share)
The Nature of Britain (2.6 million - 11.7% share)
Remembrance Sunday: Cenotaph Highlights (1.7 million - 6.5% share)

Last edited:
Heart-what?

Either way, woo hoo!

Heartbeat.

You've never heard of Heartbeat?!?

Its a rural cop show set in the 60's or 70's (I've never actually watched it).

Heartbeat.

You've never heard of Heartbeat?!?

Its a rural cop show set in the 60's or 70's (I've never actually watched it).

Well seeing as how it's a British television show, no. Unlike the Brits, we don't get recycled TV shows from other countries. Sure, we rip them off and do our own editions, but the only shows here in non-American English are shitty ones on PBS.

Every day, it seems, something new comes along to depress me; something to make me wonder what has become of the country of my birth: the country I call 'home'. Today is no exception: 8 million people watch Heartbeat. What the **** has become of England? It's heartbreaking. :cry:

Pretty healthy figures once again for TG.

Just out of curiosity, if anyone knows, how many viewers did RotJ manage on ITV, and ESB last week?

Thanks for that Ego. Pretty solid and safe bet for ITV, but would be interesting to see how well it would do in an evening slot against TG.

Thanks for that Ego. Pretty solid and safe bet for ITV, but would be interesting to see how well it would do in an evening slot against TG.

Point is that most people who want to see RotJ have it on DVD.

Heartbeat is watched by middle aged women - the kind of demographic that hangs on to Coronation street. (two bloody episodes on Sunday!)

How come Antiques Roadshow gets the HD output then - it's less popular than TG, anyone know at the BBC? I want my TG in HD and I am going to throw teddy out the pram unless I get it. ...

How come Antiques Roadshow gets the HD output then - it's less popular than TG, anyone know at the BBC? I want my TG in HD and I am going to throw teddy out the pram unless I get it. ...

I think there are a few reasons for this and one is that Antiques Roadshow is a BBC One show and Top Gear is a BBC Two show.

The other reason is that soon the BBC HD channel will be shut down so it can go through a public value test (BBC Trust) so there is probably less money being put into making shows HD - so the cheaper shows (like Antiques Roadshow) are getting the treatment first.

When the BBC HD Channel has been approved by the BBC Trust you'll start to see a LOT MORE content from aunty in High Def but at the moment it has to play it easy.

It will work about the same way as the podcast trial - when it was a trial there were only about 30 shows podcast - now there are hundreds as the trial is over.

Thats my opinion anyway.,

Its crazy how a show as specific in interest as Top Gear can attract so many people to watch it! Best show on earth!

Well seeing as how it's a British television show, no. Unlike the Brits, we don't get recycled TV shows from other countries. Sure, we rip them off and do our own editions, but the only shows here in non-American English are shitty ones on PBS.

Thats a pity. You guys are missing out on lots of great stuff. I guess that means you don't get Doctor Who either? Or Shameless, or Little Britain? It makes sense I guess, the only reason we get so much British stuff here in Australia is because our two publicly owned stations ABC (the BBC's Aussie cousin) and SBS (multi-cultural programming) show them.

Thats a pity. You guys are missing out on lots of great stuff. I guess that means you don't get Doctor Who either? Or Shameless, or Little Britain? It makes sense I guess, the only reason we get so much British stuff here in Australia is because our two publicly owned stations ABC (the BBC's Aussie cousin) and SBS (multi-cultural programming) show them.

I've noticed Doctor Who and I think Little Britain on BBCA

I beleive its down to the tech.

I don't think you can get bullet cameras in HD yet. And they use alot of bullet cams on topgear for nearly all the on-board stuff. Mine only does something like 795x596 where as the lowest HD is 1,280x720