[10x07] November 25th, 2007

[10x07] November 25th, 2007

• Total voters
oh my god i never laughed so hard as when the cars went over the bumpy road and the cars simply undressed themselves

Hilarious!

loved it. Jennifer Saunders was so good, and I'm not really a fan. Nice to have someone not plugging something, but there for the fun of it.

I cried and laughed out loud alternately during the challenge- Hammond's car rolling back down the test hill, Jeremy's finger (!!) and that water challenge- inspired lunacy.

great stuff.

Also they did actually put in some pointless "meanwhiles" but did James actually say?

Yay for the Austin Princess, the car my parents owned when I was born complete with filled in rust spots and a brown paint job :)

9/10

Utterly hilarious.

Classic Top Gear

Classic Top Gear

This episode fits perfectly into what is becoming one of my favorite seasons. Honestly, they look like they are having an absolute blast and turning out great television to boot. Much like an Alfa, running weekly jokes like "How hard can it be?" can be very hard to keep running smoothly. This season doesn't appear as tightly scripted which gives them a larger canvas to work with.

Meanwhile, the news, SIARPC, and the BL challenge using their own money were classic Top Gear. The DBS segment was beautifully shot and Jeremy did a great job with the review, I'd take the DB9 in heartbeat over the DBS. Best of all, there looks to be some interesting cars in the pipeline for upcoming segments!

Some of my favorite shows of past seasons contained the Top Gear Awards, complete with the presentation of the prestigious Golden Cock. That combined with a segment of bloopers would be a wonderful way to cap off what has been a great, great season.

when JC introduces the stig he says the stig knows only two facts about ducks and both are wrong.... is there an inside joke there? can anyone enlighten me on that?

I dunno. For some reason I didn't like this one as much as some other ones this season. Can't really put my finger on it as to why. All I know is that is no comparison to the first episode with the best road in Europe.

Very nice TG episode... liked the fact that everytime Hammond opened the door of his Dolomite's he would hit James' car. Very interesting thing combining Pink Floyd with the sounds (maybe noises?) of opening/moving gear levers, gloveboxes, windows, steering wheels, air vents, doors, etc. Sounded better than James attempt of making TG theme song out of exhaust pipes :p....

Is it just me or Richard is looking more like Bon Jovi?

Great episode! I loved the BL car challenge. The water test was probably the funniest thing they've done in a while.

I personally love the CCCs (Cheap Car Challenges). What a better way to appraise a brand than by looking back at past models and see how they handle. It also has the best moments between the trio, and the most spontaneity.

Did anyone notice the white Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster at time 47:20 in the background. I think its Jezza's wife's car. She wrote in the sunday times about owning a Vantage Roadster in her westfield article.

i liked it alot, not epic in any way, but very good with little spots of perfection.

I think if i had to be upset with one thing it would be the DBS test, since Jeremy was so unclear about the car, but then i suppose that was the nature of how he felt.

i'm just finishing watching this ep and it was just plain hilarious.
the part that made me laugh the most was when the other rear door of jeremy's car came off, i wasn't expecting that.
i think the best TG episodes are when they do a challenge like this, it never disappoints.

voted 9/10

I have to say that this was a brilliant episode.

The best thing for me were the Leyland cars. My God, they were rubbish! Good laugh though. Jeremy getting his finger stuck was a riot. I loved it how Richard's car pretty much fell apart in the egg challenge.

:rofl: :rofl:

I really do have to ask, what were they thinking of when they came up with the water challenge?

Great episode! :thumbup:

good episode.
just wondering, I thought they were gonna test some sort of buggy, or did I miss something?

I'm lost with the "meanwhile"'s. Anyone care to explain?

Jeremy was on BBC Radio and about 35 minutes into the interview the host proposed the worlds worst drinking game, every time Jeremy or Richard says "meanwhile." Anyways he promised to get James to say "meanwhile" during the next episode (s10xe07).

Meanwhile, later in that interview Jeremy mentioned that William Lear, of Lear Jet fame, invented the 8 track tape. Well Mr. Lear had a sense of humor, he named his daughter Shanda. Yep, Shanda Lear. Had the child been a boy? Gonda, obviously.