[10x07] November 25th, 2007

[10x07] November 25th, 2007

• Total voters
I think the poll is an excellent idea! I just think that if people go straight from the end of the episode to the poll they'll probably vote a bit inaccurately.

Not quite. Quite objectively, I'll say I'd poll the same next week if I polled today. An exception perhaps but still.
I wonder how so many people think this was worth a 10!

Was it really flawless? :blink:

Not quite either. If you wanna get technical - a 9.5 or above. But if one has to measure so, then the point is made.

---

Some cool shit this episode was.

Jeremy was right about the DBS, stubborn about it but right nonetheless. It glides its not quite Ferrari zipping, lacks the urgency or Phantom Coupe dropping, not quite the luxury but when you in it you glide around doing relatively quick speeds all things considered in quite a bit of comfort.

Enough to justify the 50,000 premium? Nah, but if I had a billion, sure why not.

Would make a great kitt car, tastfully rip the seats, put the carbon fibre form hugging shit, drop it a tip and put some Caparo TI carbon fibre fender lip, wide body flare wheel arches, then fill them arches with some Titanium lite kicks. Not to mention up the power so when I'm gunning you can here me coming.

Jennifer Saunder, hadn't heard of her till the show but my type of chick. If I can't have her, I hope to find someone almost just like her.

Some cool shit this episode... when you think about it, the type of stuff you'll show your kids if you have 'em 10 to 15 from now and they'll say - I can dig it.

Last edited:
Loved the episode. Want a DBS. I rekon it's more beautiful than the DB9.

My favourite bit was the noise comparison. I was actually in tears for the first time this series. Reminds me of that AA advert with the closing doors.

GREAT episode! The BL challenge was hilarious. Jeremy's doors falling off and not to mention the inside door panel getting stuck in the car. I haven't laughed that hard in years! :lmao:

I'd rather have a DB9 with the sports pack in black, then go off and buy something else as well. I would almost call the DBS a "kitted DB9".

Great episode - the 'grandeur' *cough* of BL with the oh-my-god-I-must-have-it DBS.

Almost wet myself with the Rover's door tricks...

Oh I think I know what that is. When Jeremy went on the Chris Moyles show they had an item called ask Dom and it was about random facts and what he was asked was "Why do duck fly in V shape" and well Jeremy made up a fact and Dom's fact was most likely wrong.

awww yes i remember that now, i never made the connection, thanks!:D

I really really want a Dolomite Sprint (in good condition, unlike Hammonds) they are great fun to drive apparently when well sorted!

Quite liked it! But somehow wanted a bit more, missing something. Last week felt a bit more complete.

I couldn't help but be annoyed by Clarksons remark about the Holden not being Australian because it was designed by a Scot and has an American engine... I'm sure said Scot came to Australia to take advantage of the fact that we actually have a car industry here. :rolleyes:
I'm also sure that Clarkson knows exactly where the engine in his SD1 came from.;)

I was too. I think he only said that because HSV is owned by Wilkinshaw.

Last edited:
If I had to rate this episode ... it?ll be a 5/10. That?s still something I?d watch ... but a lot under TG-standart ...

StandarD. Jesus. Muss dieser Hardwareforenschwachsinn sein?
Oder brauchst Du es mit dem Schmiedehammer in Deinen Sch?del geschlagen?
Standard. Standard. Standard. Mit D. Wie D?mlack. Oder d?mlich.
Mann, Mann, Mann.
/rant over.

Jennifer Saunders was impressive, the more so as she finished second.

StandarD. Jesus. Muss dieser Hardwareforenschwachsinn sein?
Oder brauchst Du es mit dem Schmiedehammer in Deinen Sch?del geschlagen?
Standard. Standard. Standard. Mit D. Wie D?mlack. Oder d?mlich.
Mann, Mann, Mann.
/rant over.

Jennifer Saunders was impressive, the more so as she finished second.
This forum sofware is not silly and nobody wants to get hit with a hammer, I assure you. The rest I couldn't make out... Except for the bit in English, obvioulsy.

I'd say 9/10 for this one. The BL Cheap Car Challenge was absolutely fantastic, I keep laughing when I get to certain moments like Jezza's finger or the cars self-destructing on cobblestones and with water. The DBS review was good, I like the noise and... they did actually manage to go through the entire review WITHOUT mentioning James Bond a SINGLE time. I didn't like the pun on Gordon Ramsay commiting suicide (second time this series), that's why it's a 9/10. The star was good, knowledgeable about cars, and the news was well-"scripted" and with a lot of jokes that were actually related to cars.

Overall, a good episode, and looking forward to Hammond making a fool of the others by managing to squeeze in the R25. :woot:

EDIT: Should have given it a 10. Just for the BL-squeaks-and-rattles music bit. :thumbsup::music:

Last edited:
This forum sofware is not silly and nobody wants to get hit with a hammer, I assure you. The rest I couldn't make out... Except for the bit in English, obvioulsy.
... he/she was just pointing out that I?d misspelled standard ... it?s a common mistake in "hardware-forums" with a lot of germans trying to mix english vocabulary with german ... and he/she didn?t like that. It has got nothing to do with the software on this board. Just a stupid and sadly common mistake I seem to be guilty of ...

Fine episode. Could do with more segments, but I really like SIARPC, and Jeremy was IMHO spot on the review of the DBS. I just don't get this car.

Great episode, especially BL-segment,were they really made that poorly?

Mate, you have no idea.

I'm sure someone has it in the download section, but check out 'Clarkson's Car Years' , the BL episode, where he talks (and rips apart) the British car industry.

i laughed my ass of when the guys started making music with all the odd sounds the car made :lol:

i'll rate it 8 out of 10.

Gets a nine from me, absolutely loved the BL challenge bumpy road and water where top scenes from this season so far and very funny. Knowing how bad the SD1 was end even after 25+ years I just can't see the rear door falling off no matter how bumpy the course was.

DBS been mentioned b4 and adore AM's but it is almost like they are featured every show. Maybe JC's world they are as common as a Focus.

Wasn't the 3.5 liter v8 a Chevrolet toss-out?

Buick, actually. Could have been a real winner for GM...

I really liked the look of the Dolomite, I can see where Datsun ripped off the styling for the 510.

Also, is it me or did the ride height of the Austin keep changing when they were wandering around the factories?

Last edited:
7/10 for me.

The Aston review was fine. I think Jeremy nailed it, it's a DB9S. And I think he's right about owning a DB9 and a DBS pulls along side.

The BL segment was filled with laughs, but I don't want just laughs out of a Top Gear episode. I want to be inspired. Those of you saying the best driving road episode was the best of it so far probably get what I'm saying. When Jeremy slides across the screen in the 599 to reveal the 275 and goes on to explain why the 275 is the better car to buy was inspired. One of those moments where we've gotten drunk off the latest angles, curves, and computery bits of the latest Lambo or Ferrari and we're sobered up with what really matters.

A bit about the colander and eggs. I think the eggs were all cracked open and placed in there. No way they'd crack as cleanly as what you see when Jeremy pull James' colander out. I don't think it detracts from the bit in any way and I wouldn't classify that as "scripted" either. It still accomplished the task of (dis)proving ride quality and made it all the more fun.

The water-filled car test was a brilliant idea. As Hammond said it tests both performance and build quality and does so in a visually spectacular way. Certainly not something you'd do with a DBS, but perfect for something like, say, a BL car segment. Bit surprised that the windows didn't pop out on any of the cars once it was full up.

I'd be interested to see TG give the Hyundai coupe a run around the track. See how far they've come since the Accident from a few years ago.

And dammit, let's get the Alfa C8 in here already!

very very good point about the inspiring part. Have to agree with you there. (it's just like Season 7, ep3, the epic super car drive to the bridge in France). Not much inspiration from this episode, but SIARPC was very good because nothing to plug and just pure car talk. She is a charming woman.

Aston really has a problem with their segmentation of their DBS.

loved it. Jennifer Saunders was so good, and I'm not really a fan. Nice to have someone not plugging something, but there for the fun of it.

Once upon a time it was prefectly normal to have a guest with nothing to plug. Sadly that's one of the many (downsides) of having the show gain greater audience numbers. The show is under pressure to have more famous faces. And those faces are usually publicity whores.