[10x07] November 25th, 2007

[10x07] November 25th, 2007

• Total voters
no complaints from me. as long as the episode is fun and appealing, i can be considerate with the minor errors and scripted parts as mentioned above, which i dont even care about. 10 outta 10!

Last edited:
Good episode, but not over average, I give it 7/10.
Very funny car challenge and it's good that they put points in a table again - whole competition makes sense now.

That's NOT a R8. The R8 doesn't have airvents at the back of the front wheels. Also I think the R8 is a bit lower.

I think it is an R8, and the thing you are calling an air vent is a railing support that may look like an air vent from that angle.

I don't think there is any other car with that profile, that has that angle of cut on the door windows other than the R8

Last edited:
'James has brought a piece of cheese'

Sums up the episode, lots of LOL's.

OMG, i cant belive u guys are moaning about there being too many astons this series.

I don't think many people can dispute the fact that there are too many Aston's on TG, it get's featured/has been featured more then any other other prestige badge. Ferrari's, Lambo's and even Porsche's don't get as much TV time as AM's.

It's all very well and good if you're a fan of Aston, but if you're not, TG's bias does get a tad bit tedious.

I don't think many people can dispute the fact that there are too many Aston's on TG, it get's featured/has been featured more then any other other prestige badge. Ferrari's, Lambo's and even Porsche's don't get as much TV time as AM's.

It's all very well and good if you're a fan of Aston, but if you're not, TG's bias does get a tad bit tedious.

Especially given that it's a forgone conclusion that they will like it

maybe because astons are considered "British " cars and this being a British show that's why!

its like the guy moaning about clarkson taking the piss out of Australian cars, of course he's going to, its on british tv for a british audience!

Meh...somehow, I felt this episode lacked Top Gear's "sparkle". Don't get me wrong, it has it's funny moments (mostly in the BL cars), but it just felt rushed somehow.

maybe because astons are considered "British " cars and this being a British show that's why!

its like the guy moaning about clarkson taking the piss out of Australian cars, of course he's going to, its on british tv for a british audience!

A lot of the people who'd like to see less Aston's are themselves British, and that includes me.

In anycase, strictly speaking Aston isn't British and hasn't been for some time.

Can anyone settle an argument?
Was the dark haired woman standing behind Richard Hammond, during the news item, the actress who played Nicky DiMarco in Eastenders a few years back?

A lot of the people who'd like to see less Aston's are themselves British, and that includes me.

In anycase, strictly speaking Aston isn't British and hasn't been for some time.

That's not true!!! You can never see too many Astons :D

I'm glad they don't do more reviews of cars like the M3, because I am fed up of mags like Autocar going on about how "great" it is.. The problem is estate agents and accountants drive them, which means they are common and boring :p

loved the BL challenge, these are the segments I love the best :mrgreen:

good episode, though the 3 Porsches and coupes for 1500 quid were better! Overall 8/10.

Problem with all these Aston reviews is he doesn't really do anything other than constantly praise the cars. It's all he ever does. The fun in watching them review other cars is to see how or why they'll bash them.

The CTS-V's constant bonging, or the massive amounts of turbo lag on the Evo fq430 for instance were great. At this point they might as well just have a camera circle the car for 5 minutes with JC at the end saying "enough said." Thats about how boring these AM reviews are.

I think it is an R8, and the thing you are calling an air vent is a railing support that may look like an air vent from that angle.

I don't think there is any other car with that profile, that has that angle of cut on the door windows other than the R8

that mystery silver car honestly made me think more of a Ferrari F99 type body

Hamann_Ferrari_599GTB_rear.jpg

or if Jezza has borrowed his wife's Aston then it might be May's or Hammond's. or maybe Jezza's wife went down to watch...

Plus i think its been established thats a white DB9 Volante, not a V8 roadster, hence not his wife's car. The rear profile looks a little too long

Last edited:
Please no more Aston tests for the rest of the season! There is barely a difference from one car to the other, a point Jeremy even made in the test. I feel like I'm watching the same car over and over, because basically it is the same car. They shouldn't test another Aston until they come up with a car that is actually new or different. I wonder if they have trouble getting cars to test, and Aston is the only company that'll give them one.

And yes, the elderly lady who blitzed the track was awesome. I've never heard of her before, but answer me this, Brits: If your grandmothers are so good at driving, how can your nation be so bad at playing football? :)
Wow, poor Jennifer! i don't think she is that old. French and Saunders isn't too well known in Germany I guess. I was surprised how kind of low key she was since she is such a great comedian

Last edited:

I'm glad they don't do more reviews of cars like the M3, because I am fed up of mags like Autocar going on about how "great" it is.. The problem is estate agents and accountants drive them, which means they are common and boring

Are you insane man?! I don't think there's been a single series of current TG where they haven't featured an Aston, whilst I think the M3 has been has had a sum total appearance of......twice?

If there's any change we need, it's less Astons and more M3's 8)

But that's just my opinion :p

Are you insane man?! I don't think there's been a single series of current TG where they haven't featured an Aston, whilst I think the M3 has been has had a sum total appearance of......twice?

If there's any change we need, it's less Astons and more M3's 8)

But that's just my opinion :p

Yes the Aston's are getting annoying but im also getting sick of seeing all the various Porsche's as they all look the same and Top Gear review them far to often. It would be great to see afew more beamers, Volkswagens, Vauxhall's, Fords, Mazda's, Toyota etc as some of Top Gear's best reviews come from the cheaper cars.