[10x07] November 6th, 2006

Did anyone notice there was some weird blue light flicking on the Subarus center console the whole time it was visible? What is that, anyone got a clue?

It's probably the light that flashes when the car gets scared. :lol:

Did anyone notice there was some weird blue light flicking on the Subarus center console the whole time it was visible? What is that, anyone got a clue?

was about to ask the same!:)

I used to look forward to watching fifth gear.... now i just feel neutral all the way through. by the end of it i don't even feel as though i watched something special.

I miss that feeling. Fifth gear had magic, but now it's gone.

I can happily say though that the camera work has improved a crapload over the first couple episodes.

Jason is good when he actually cares to be sitting in the car.

tom, run while you still can, if the show contunues like this, you're not going to be doing t.v. anymore and that would be a shame.

The absolute worst thing in the episode was the first caf? segment, when Lovelol blew the trumpet. I was shocked. Shocked that he really did what he did.

It's like the London underground. It's all horrific, but the worst thing, is jumping from train to train with a very big suitcase, and you get a very thick indian man in your back saying "you orrait mate?".

The absolute worst thing in the episode was the first caf? segment, when Lovelol blew the trumpet. I was shocked. Shocked that he really did what he did.

It's like the London underground. It's all horrific, but the worst thing, is jumping from train to train with a very big suitcase, and you get a very thick indian man in your back saying "you orrait mate?".

i was watching American Pie 2 the other day, and the trumpet reminded me of the one shoved up Jims ass, then the other guy goes and plays it.

The trumpet reminded me of some shitty game show from Japan, which I saw on youtube once.

It's the display on the radio or whatnot refreshing. LED brakelights and your computer monitor do the same thing. You just can't see it with your eye (it looks like it's constantly on), but a camera picks it up.

They shoulda blacked it out with gaffer tape or something.

It's the display on the radio or whatnot refreshing. LED brakelights and your computer monitor do the same thing. You just can't see it with your eye (it looks like it's constantly on), but a camera picks it up.

They shoulda blacked it out with gaffer tape or something.

nah... makes it look cooler :D

well i can now understand why everyone was excited about the WRX Type 25, man that thing flies! very nice! Tom's work was great as usual, and I think Tiff was as pissed off as the rest of us about his story.

While the trumpet bit was a culpable offence, Lovedick's fatal sin was driving the Ford GT like a dyslexic tadpole. Captain slow? Try Captain Dunce.

Interestingly, I just downloaded the first episode of Fifth Gear and thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. Can't say that's happened in a while...

There was something I didn?t understand.
The white GT wasn?t streetlegal, so they weren?t alowed to drive it on a public road. But why have they taken another one to go out on a racetack?

SVen

Maybe they didn't have a lorry? Remember, this isn't BBC.

There was something I didn?t understand.
The white GT wasn?t streetlegal, so they weren?t alowed to drive it on a public road. But why have they taken another one to go out on a racetack?

SVen
Why destroy your's when you can abuse someone elses ;)

That red Ford GT is owned by Ford and they give it out to people to test drive, it is the same on that clarkson drove on the track and many many others.

Lovejoy just irritates the hell out of me in this episode! Before this, I found him bad, but not irritating.

What's with all the cutting into Vicki's sentences? You'll notice in the cafe, she can't complete a sentence without Lovejoy butting in and making a stupid comment. Then she's got to repeat what she said.

Tiff's segment was disappointing, Tom's was too short. The best one this episode was Jason's.

It seems that ever since Fifth Gear changed from the 30min show to the full hour, its gone completely downhill.

If I had something hard and shiny I could beat Tim Lovejoy down with, I would. He drives me nuts.

Whats he doing on the show, if I doesn't know what the difference between a Turbo and Supercharger is...

Anyway... The nice thing that came out of that episode was the Subaru.

Hey, not a bad episode - nearly got to 35mins of content.

Liked the BMW/Golf bits, Tiff's bit was a bit of a fizzer through no fault of his own - at least he didn't mangle it like Tim.

But that Type-25 that Jason drove :woot:
I'm a bit of a fan of the performance Subaru's for a q-car, but that Type-25, :mrgreen:

Bugger saving for a used DB7 with 55k on the clock for $NZD155k.

They need to bring one out to do a road-trip covering the length of NZ - without using the main state highways, I'd help :cool:

If Top Gear doesn't come out in January, I'm buying a plane ticket to GB so I can kick lovejoy in the nuts. I doubt he has any though.