[10x08] November 13th, 2006

That was the worst Fifth Gear this year
:tumbleweed: the funeral... WTF were they thinking :mad:

i guess the Fifth Gear budget is very small seeing as they can't review sports cars anymore & restort to pathetic wanky style television (FIFTH GEAR IDOL)

they ask you to send in your vids just so the Lovejoy mofo can laugh @ you

Lovejoy must go... he's a rude obnoxious creep that doesnt know jack about cars (i hate to think what he did to get the job)
It looks to me like Vicky really get's the sh!ts with working next to the creature

Loved the Bio - Lotus :)

another tick next to Tom... without him the show would be on life support. it was annoying that the Volvo C30 bit was kinda short, though, given how interested i am in buying this car, the whole hour could have been dedicated to just that segment and it still wouldn't have been long enough.

Tiff's was interesting though not exactly exciting... a lesser being could have covered the story and left him free to do something sideways with an expensive sportscar (ie. where he belongs). he hit all the right points regarding ethanol take up, pointing most of the blame towards government legislation and how if they put in laws to encourage it (as they have in Sweden) then it takes off. he did miss one important though regarding how the stuff is made, mentioning only sugar-starch (ie. corn) distillation and not cellulostic ethanol production, which is where the future of the fuel lies.

Plato's bit was, again, a waste of the guy's talent. He might be a good driver but jesus w maccavoy, he's a lousy bargainer! i could have gotten that Bimmer for ?9k, even if that lady cooked me a full breakfast.

everything else was borderline meh to annoying, though it was good how they kept that tossnut in the cafe.

It never seems to amaze me that lovejoke makes fun of the people submitting their video to present. He always has some cheeky comment to make as if he could do better. It would serve him right if someone submitted a video and told him that his talent sucks too.

As always I am in agreement that this fifth gear season sucks ass - i find myself going back to watch the previous episodes again. Plato and Tom have my mad respect. Tiff has my respect for what he has done in racing circles, but not selling out to the suits that run the show.

Peugeot 407 Coup?

Peugeot 407 Coup?

Has Jason Plato bought a Peugeot 407 Coup?? Or is it just a car they borrow for Peugeot? I was thinking of that car he drove when he was looking at those three used cars..

It's probably not his, doesn't he have a 997 Turbo? I wonder why else they would show the 407 so prominently though?

According to Wikipedia

According to Wikipedia

Plato's current personal car collection includes a Porsche 911 Turbo, BMW Z4 and SEAT Le?n Cupra R.

---

I?m not sure when this information was updated last time..

Bioetanol is not tax free in Norway. Our goverment taxes everything that is possible to tax.

Think it's a bit iffy saying that the engine comes from the Focus ST. Sure, it's the same engine. Only that the engine in the ST is from Volvo.

But then again, if I'm not completely wrong, the C30 is based on the Focus, like the S40/V50 and the Mazda 3?

Last edited:
Thank god for these avi files..i just forward the useless bits with vicky.and.lovegay..

And thank god for Tom and tiff ..atleast they contributed like 15min of the show..which was atleast interesting..
i thought this was a car show..not.."behind the scenes of a hollywood movie"...wtf..they wasted atleast half an hour on that shit...

Its getting worse

Its getting worse

I think most has been said about this weeks disaster but I belive that Fifth Gear is now officially a sketch comedy show with refferences to Cars:barf: