[10x08] Ratings

upyourego

Car(s)
Learning to drive
Well here we go again - the ratings for episode eight of Top Gear 10 and its pretty bloody impressive to be honest.

With the highest ratings of the series so far Top Gear achieved a stunning 7.9 million viewers and an equally impressive 27.3% audience share.

Episode eight actually achieved a peak audience of 8.5 million viewers at around 8.45.

It was the MOST watched show in its timeslot beating Antiques Roadshow (5.3 million) and Heartbeat (7.5 million).

It also beat everything else on BBC TWO with the closest show, Long Way Down, coming in at 4.2 million.

Top Gear was the THIRD highest rated show across all major networks last night.

The highest rated show of the night was Coronation Street with 10.2 million followed by Strictly Come Dancing with 8.5 million.

No surprise, ppl tuned in to see Lewis Hamilton, around 8:45...

At Last, Heartbeat goes down, Many thanks to Hamilton! :thumbup:

I think it was because the weather was so sodding crap everyone was sitting in front of the tele.

How the hell is heartbeat so popular it looks like shit, but anyways finally we did it, shame that ARS got third though, almost as good as TG.

Because there are a lot of old people in Britain.

There's also a lot of stupid people, which explains why things like The Bill, Coronation Street and Eastenders are always up in the top 10 most watched programmes.

Nice one, this episode definitely deserved the high ratings IMO.

Will be interesting to see how the 9PM timeslot next week affects ratings

Not sure if anyone is interested in the repeat ratings but here they are anyway.

Top Gear- 2.0 million and 9.1% share

When I've got time I'll add the latest few sets of figures to my Top Gear ratings page so you can compare episodes - if you really want to.

http://www.upyourego.com/topgear/ratings/