[10x09] December 9th, 2007

[10x09] December 9th, 2007

• Total voters
8/10.

No marks for dropping the news yet retaining SIARPC. The Britcar segment raises the score from what would've been a 5, because the rest of the episode was pretty dull. I've seen the Ascari review on Clarkson's DVD, and its just another supercar getting thrown around the track sideways accompanied with screams of 'POWER'. I'd like to see them actually test the thing on a typical road and see just how good it really is then.

James' Fiat review was quite good, but the race against the BMX guys was pretty 'meh'. We've seen it all before - staged shots of the bikes/parkour man/etc leaping his car and narrowly beating him across the line. Still looked good though, some of the BMX stunts they pulled were amazing, as well as them stacking it occasionally :D

I wonder what the crew of the Mosler thought of being hit and just about taken out of the race by a bunch of hackabouts who werent in contention for anything. I realised this race was serious business when I saw a shot of a car which had names such as Fabrizio Gollin, Gabriele Gardel, Marcel Fassler, Luca Cappellari. These are all top GT endurance racers, and not your weekend club drivers. I've done 24 hour endurance races. Admittedly not in a car but in one of these but it is still bloody hard work in preparations and making sure to keep concentration through-out the race. Well done to Top Gear though.

Is that the yellow Aston Martin Vantage in the 24hrs race the same car that James drove when they went to find the best driving road at 10x01? (I dont know if somebody ask the same question before)

i loved it when james shouts, 'im fucking loving this' once he recorded the 2:24 lap.

the sheer effort involved almost makes me wanna do some endurance racing.

if only i had the money, and the car, and some mates who have the same mindset.

According to a commenter in this blog, they filmed the Fiat bit between 16th Nov and 19th Nov.

The snowy part was filmed NW of Budapest in the mountains of Buda. Obviously the "race" was staged, they filmed many many bits separately and on purpose.

There were actually three BMX bikers, Sebastian "Baz" Keep, Dan Lacey and Shenker Benj?min.

The endurance race was very entertaining, makes me want to do something like that.
James gave another solid car review, just wish they would stop the pointless staged race he must always do.
The SiaRPC was decent, short and sweet.
The Ascari review was decent, amazing track time

Overall 8/10

24 hour race was epic.

James Fiat 500 review was ok. Would be better if they didn't include those small races like when he reviewed the Peugeot 207. Rather pointless imo. Tom did a better job.

Show: 9/10

Enyone knows what the route they drove on silverstone is called? wanna race them on GTR2/Rfactor ^^

http://img518.imageshack.**/img518/6476/topgear2hb6.png

http://img502.imageshack.**/img502/4343/topgearzw4.png

One at both the start and the end (respectively) of the 1950s clip from the Fiat 500 Review.

What are they??

Anyone notice James May not wearing his HANS device properly at one point in the race? That's got to be a sporting regs violation right there! :lol:

Anyone notice James May not wearing his HANS device properly at one point in the race? That's got to be a sporting regs violation right there! :lol:

I noted that too....and it seems like whenever he's in a race or event that requires head protection, he seems to never wear it correctly...in a few episodes in the last 5 years, he wears an open face helmet and goggles, yet never wears the goggles...and then the HANS device in the 24hr...<_<

The one issue I had with the 24hr race was the decision to let Hammond drive at night. Other than that, top episode!

yeah, i'd prefer having a SIARPC only every second or third episode. the way it is now, they are trying too hard to find some new guest for every week. hell, they even have to recylce them. nothing wrong with that when it's a truely entertaining person, but a lot of them are not a second time.

You can find a complete list of the results of the race here (pdf) complete with lap times. Sadly, it doesn't name the individual drivers, so we can't find out who drove what exactly or most importantly the name of The Stig.