[10x10] December 23rd, 2007

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
Great episode - the XF is such a pretty car, you've got to see it moving to see its beauty.

Three German saloons was great, such lovely track and nice cars

Awards was funny with the G-Wiz (or G-Jizz as I like to call it) blowing up :D

Bring on Series 11!

The XF looked so much better on video than it does in stills. It really does look far prettier than its German rivals.

I want a remote controlled car with a bomb on it for Christmas, please.

M3 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooo! You just can't beat it, & LOOL at Clarkson dressing up as an M3 driver :lol:

The news section was indeed hilarious. "Oh sorry...I dropped it." :lol::lol::lol: And a lovely shirt worn by Jeremy.

The G-Wiz was funny. Amusing ending thats for sure. :lmao:

The 3 sports saloons? Hmm... I don't really know what I'd have. I would probably ignore the Mercedes. And probably end up with an RS4 on my drive after very long considerations over the M3.

The Awards was pretty funny. Shame Ken Livingstone didn't win it, but those 'wombles' are annoying aswell. The golden cock award should have gone to Jeremy for taking them across Europe for 200 miles in the wrong direction.

And the XF? I definately want one of those. That is certainly the car to 'make' Jaguar. Ford will be really annoyed won't they... :lol: I might even prefer that (the SV8, or the XFR Jeremy promised) over an RS4. :hmm:

Overall my first 10 of the series! Do indeed bring on Series 11!

very very good... damn I want more.

ne problems, nowt awesome, but a damn good hour of entertainment.

Anyone got any coordinates on that racetrack to see it in Google earth?

ps: was this the same track as in Clarkson's DVD?

Edit: got it: 36?49'26"N, 5?4'51"W

Last edited:
ps: was this the same track as in Clarkson's DVD?

yes it was.

OT: it was a very good episode imo. i liked the saloons and i laughed my ass of watching the stig float on the airbed in the swimming pool :lol:

i also missed the golden cock. i found the g-wiz segment a bit out of place. i thought it could be better of as a seperate segment, not being part of the awards segment.

What if we make our own Golden Cock Awards?

Reactions: Jay
What if we make our own Golden Cock Awards?

Good idea. Why don't you make a post for nominations for season 10 golden cock in the top gear forum . Then they can be put in a poll and we can vote.

could someone post the ascari lap times? i had a hard time hearing it on tv.

Saw it. Great episode, one of the best. The Jag review was good, although I would have preferred a supercar. But the best was the really long M3 vs Merc vs RS4 section. It was like back to good old Top Gear, only much better...

The best bit was Ms. Stig in the swimming pool though, that had me in tears :p

That was a satisfying episode and a fitting end to the series. The 3 car comparison linked back to previous episodes, as did the awards which was missing last year due to the delay in series 9. I noticed though that they clearly filmed Clarkson's Supercar Showdown at the same time with the repeat of the same racetrack and of course the G-Whiz segment, which was short but sweet. Overall, one of the best episodes of the series I would say.

Did anyone else sit through the entire Top Gear marathon that aired tonight with James May's Sister's Toys and Richard Hammond meets Evel Knievel?

Another fine episode!
Loved every minute, as usual, Role on series 11!

Gib

Did anyone else sit through the entire Top Gear marathon that aired tonight with James May's Sister's Toys and Richard Hammond meets Evel Knievel?

I didnt watch all of James May thing it was quite boring i tought, so i watch about 30 minutes of it then switch, but iv watched Hammond meets Evel Knievel wich was great, i cant understand why that man is a Hero, he didnt really do anything more than crash, was crazy selfish like Hammond say, a sucker for fame (at any price), i dont really understand Hammond with that but hey, childhood hero... still it was really interesting and i really love Hammond when he is more "serious" a little bit dramatic even (and man was that town dumb, between the religious freaks, the crazy neighbord that dont understand a thing and the "entourage" of Evel...)

For this last Top Gear of the season well, great as usual, i love that Ascari place it's beautiful, it look so relaxing and fun that's really the perfect vacation, i wonder how much it cost (either the club membership of the raceday pass) the three car well, i didnt like the Merc i dont see the point it's ugly, the power doesnt seem to be usefull since even the stig had a hardtime controlling it so for the target that buy those kind of cars i dont see the point, i love the M3 it look so fun to drive, it's fast too and it look great (i really fear the M3 with 4 door since the 4 door serie3 is one of the ugliest car around) fpr the RS4 it's pretty old but still the best of the 3 for me, you dont look like a asshole in it, it's nice on bendy roads and it look good maybe a bit too "soft" but that will still be ultimatly the one i take of the 3

The Gwizz was fun but short, David Tennant was nice im so eager to see the christmas special tomorrow and that's about all, i hope the series 11 will be in May or June and not later

(Sorry for the fault and overuse of some word i dont write much neither often in english)