[10x10] December 23rd, 2007

[10x10] December 23rd, 2007

• Total voters
It's such a shame that this was the last show of the series. I throughly enjoyed a whole hour of Top Gear. Merry Christmas and kudos to the Top Gear production team for this fine episode :D

10/10

That XF review was James' best ever review, fantastic :thumbsup:

The G-Wiz remote control was a laugh.

Sport saloons was a great segment, really enjoyed that, lol'd at the apple/apex thing:lol:

News and awards were a bit of a laugh as always and David Tennant wasn't a boring guest!

Great!

Well, a very good epi IMO. The 3 saloons review was great and the Stig suited it very well. That Stigie girl in the pool is an instant classic scene! But I hated the awards... the other time they did it (don't remember exactly which series), they had the funny part but they actually found winners. I mean, it's known that the Mondeo is as much car as anybody needs, as themselves said , but it was ruined when they found they needed that Subaru. It gave me the feeling it was rushed, almost like they didn't care at all... although obviously they did care.

All in all it was good... the whole series, in fact. I gave it a 8,0.

But did anyone else notice the "genuine 500hp" Mustang, was actually a Shelby GT? Which is rated at 319hp. Yeah, that's uh, quite a bit off from 500hp.

That was the whole reason for me coming into this thread and posting. I'm seriosuly getting irritated at the lack of correct information regarding the Mustang. I could care less what other American car they pick apart--but leave my Mustang alone!

Perhaps it was a nod to them fucking up the dyno test on the GT500?
But that wouldn't make a whole load of sense if it wasn't the GT500.

Doubt it.

I noticed the Mustang fuckup/lie right off the bat. Either they don't know what the fuck they are talking about when it comes to Mustang's, or they just don't care.

The bold is correct.

================================

On to the ep. Brilliant episode despite the Mustang fuck up. The German saloon tests was brlliant...that C63 AMG is just brutally awsome. And the niose form the RS4 is almost equally as intoxicating. The M3 is...meh I didn't like it. I prefer the I6.

The G-Wiz segment felt out of place, I personally think it was a seperate regular segment that got cut--but put in the series finale.

The Star in a Reasonably Priced Car segment was good, I was entertaind throughout.

The news segment seemed a bit long--would of preferred more auto related news instead of xmas bullshit.

May's review of the new Jaguar was very good. Why the hell won't they let May do more reviews...he's clearly better than Hammond and Clarkson at reviews for regular cars.

All in all this series gets a 8/10, I just hope next series has more car content and less cocking about--or at least try and mix the two. Where's my "cheap x car challenge" segments? Those were great. And review more cars--I don't want to see stuff like "grow your own petrol". Yes that segment was ok, but I'd prefer to see a car review or an "epic race".

I noticed the Mustang fuckup/lie right off the bat. Either they don't know what the fuck they are talking about when it comes to Mustang's, or they just don't care.

Given their typical (especially Jeremy) disdain for American cars (with the exception of "British" Fords) they probably don't care. Additionally, the modified G-Whiz beat the Mustang; undoubtedly another snub to the car. As it seems that the Mustang is a cultural icon in America, American viewers are going to have to live with this given that Jeremy (and Top Gear) aren't too worried about hurting the feelings of others.

To be fair...the Mustang is a pig of a car.

I was disappointed that there was no mention of the ZR1 Corvette. I hope beyone hope that they test it next series.

And remember folks, there's a "Best Of" episode in a week or so!

Seeing the stig take out that Apple on the Apex was just Awsome

Clarkson F'd up again saying a Mustang GT has 500HP <_< even though it has 200 less than than.

why does clarkson ALWAYS mess up on american car specs? I can name countless times where he has said that the C6 Corvette has a 5.7 liter Motor when it REALLY has a 6.0 LS2...WTF

great episode, I must say that I really really liked James's review of the Jag, he said all the right things (I get confused with Jeremy's weird conclusions lately) and those helicopter shots were brilliant. I prefer these more stable camera shots better than the shaky camerawork when filming supercars.

Although the episode felt a bit rushed, the whole series felt so to be honest.. again, not being British I would leave out SIARPC and give more time to awards or the RS4/M3/C63.. SIARPC could be left out in the next series unless there's going to be Ronnie Wood again :D

Overall, great series (I'm thinking, it could be the best so far), packed with brilliant segments, I just wish they could leave more time for them.

Clarkson F'd up again saying a Mustang GT has 500HP <_< even though it has 200 less than than.

why does clarkson ALWAYS mess up on american car specs? I can name countless times where he has said that the C6 Corvette has a 5.7 liter Motor when it REALLY has a 6.0 LS2...WTF

You messed when you said it was Clarkson that made the mistake about the Shelby, it was in fact Hammond. As far as I know, someone lent them the Shelby and they assumed it was the Shelby GT500.

An episode that made me laugh but went straight into my heart nonetheless - I want all of those three cars in my garage.

I've said this a million times already, but the production team keeps surprising me - Top Gear is the most beautiful show on TV, ever.

Man, this is last ep of the season. :cry: It was not bad, but it feels like the rc car segment is just filler. And why didn't they pick the R8 as car of the year? It was a great car, everyone loved it. The M3 is the best out of the 3 cars they tested imo, but come next year, the GTR should give them some serious competition. Can't wait for the next season to start (when is that anyways?).

Good episode, but for sure not a great one.

8/10

When Clarkson is introducing us to the AMG Merc, he's talking about the engine and how good it sounds.

At one point he says "Listen to that!" I'm sorry mate, but someone has placed a retarded sound effect over the engine so that I can not hear it, maybe next time.

Stop with the fucking sound effects, they're not necessary.

the top gear award is just better than last time they did it in 2005, but the 2004 top gear award is still much better.

i quite like the XF, it really does look fantastic inside, outside is better than the german rivals and lexus, but i still think the headlamps and the grille looks odd.

the german saloon segment is quite good, but i would like more commentary on each other's car. however, as a bmw lover, i'm happy to see M3 being the winner.

the news segment is quite funny with the gift, but i don't like how the news segment is becoming almost competely devoid of cars nowadays, more car news would be good, especially hoped to hear JC's comment on ZR1

Good episode, not great, just good.

I hope they do away with SIARPC next season. The interview part eats up time that should be devoted to cars and I don't care which celebrity is faster than the other. I guess the intention is to broaden the appeal of the show, but I think it ends up taking away from it.

Last edited:
You messed when you said it was Clarkson that made the mistake about the Shelby, it was in fact Hammond. As far as I know, someone lent them the Shelby and they assumed it was the Shelby GT500.

I just think it's lame for a car show to make such a large error. Don't they check facts on the show? I mean Hammond owns a classic Shelby, you'd think he'd know a thing or two. I know it makes no difference in the segment, but still, it builds credibility to at least get the factual portions correct.

Reminds me of the time Tiff was reviewing a Boxster or Cayman on Fifth Gear and said it had a straight-6. :huh:

Any chance of an HDTV rip? I know I know but this BEGS of wallpaper goodness. Just a snapshot in 1080p of it? Pretty Please!? C'mon it's xmas :)

vlcsnap-509580.png

I mean Hammond owns a classic Shelby, you'd think he'd know a thing or two.

Uh, no he doesn't. Unless he owns another mustang besides the one shown for the GT500 dyno run. His Mustang was NOT a Shelby, it was a GT with a 390 under the hood and a HORRIBLE stripe kit.