[10x10] December 23rd, 2007

[10x10] December 23rd, 2007

• Total voters
I think that it was a good episode. I liked the fact that it had a good balance. I was a bit disapointed that there was no "Golden Cock Award" this year.
I would have preferred to see the Stig driving the RC car that blew up the G-Wiz, instead of Hamster... Just seemed that Stig is losing some of his mistique there.
The review was nothing short of excellent.
Does anyone have a screen shotof the Billie Piper episode that JC was talking about?!?!?

Can't wait until next season..
Oh and for OZ viewers.. http://www21.sbs.com.au/topgear/

We?re on the hunt to find Australia?s best Top Gear on air team - and we?re looking for both tried and untried television talent. Will you make the team?

Are you amongst Australia?s most knowledgeable, humorous, articulate and passionate people when discussing and assessing cars? If you are, we want to give you a chance to be part of the presenting team for this exciting new series being developed and produced by Freehand, in association with BBC Worldwide and Top Gear, for SBS.

Brilliant, so brilliant I am in tears :lol:

And I didn't even mean it as a slam. The car is an absolute joke:

08.sti.shelby.shelby.det.scoop.500.jpg

They can't even give the car a unique hood. I read that it takes 5 hours to turn a GT into a Shelby GT. If I am paying 12K for "mods", they had better take longer than 5 hours to install, and give me more than 20hp.

Good episode, but unfortunately the last one for a couple of months as well. Gotta go through the wohle series ten a second time now.

Thats a 10/10 for me.

Seeing the Stig going for the apple so easily killed me. And the 3 Germans review was a master piece.

By the way, can somebody tell me what is the name of the song that starts at 52:24 just right before they give the Stig laptime? I've been looking for that song for almost a year... Thanks

Thats a 10/10 for me.

Seeing the Stig going for the apple so easily killed me. And the 3 Germans review was a master piece.

By the way, can somebody tell me what is the name of the song that starts at 52:24 just right before they give the Stig laptime? I've been looking for that song for almost a year... Thanks

Search, and ye shall receive: http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=24063
An entire subforum called "What's That Song?"

They can't even give the car a unique hood. I read that it takes 5 hours to turn a GT into a Shelby GT. If I am paying 12K for "mods", they had better take longer than 5 hours to install, and give me more than 20hp.

Well i'm educated. didm't know that. Works out at 2.5k an hour, wow wonder how much of that 12k is so you can display officaly Shelby's name on an mediocre muscle car and thats after mofification. Now I know why you Yanks are upset. If you have been ripped off already buying a "Shelby" you want to be damn sure that pple quote the power right.

Well i'm educated. didm't know that. Works out at 2.5k an hour, wow wonder how much of that 12k is so you can display officaly Shelby's name on an mediocre muscle car and thats after mofification. Now I know why you Yanks are upset. If you have been ripped off already buying a "Shelby" you want to be damn sure that pple quote the power right.

Here is a GREAT quote from "The Truth About Cars" (Link)

...The MSRP for this nostalgic bit of blue-oval bluster? $36,970. Seriously. And all of the performance parts are, as they say, ?also sold separately.? Check ?em off in your Ford Racing catalog and you?ll total $2,656. Budget a couple thousand more to have everything bolted onto your $25,840 Mustang GT.

Have you driven a $6,970 commemorative plaque lately? I told you it left an impression

So all of the "performance parts" cost $2,656. Install...add 2K. Left over...about $7,000. 7K...for a sticker with Shelby's fake signature on it.

The car is a complete joke.

But it does not bother me. I hate the current Mustang. What drive me crazy is that the best American cars are not sold here in America. You get the awesome new Mondeo and we get the Fusion. You and MEXICO get the Focus ST...we get the Focus BU (BU for BUTT UGLY).

Last edited:
The clip on the jaguar once again proves the TG gives great reviews to crap british cars. The jaguar doesn't come close to looks as the germans.

It was a good episode. I liked the Jaguar review. And the RS4-M3-C63 test. The Awards were pretty funny too.

But did anyone else notice the "genuine 500hp" Mustang, was actually a Shelby GT? Which is rated at 319hp. Yeah, that's uh, quite a bit off from 500hp.

Yup, that is just more of their crack spot on mistakes they always make. The Shelby GT is waste of money anyway and so is the GT500 for that matter. Useless cars for people that have no idea how to spend money. I am a die hard mustang guy to and I would sooner buy an 08 C6 corvette then buy a Shelby GT500 for the same money. The 08 C6's are faster, stop better, handle better and look better.

I don't have a wallpaper but if that shot was available I might just make a exception. To quote is does beg wallpaper goodness.

Whats the big deal over the Mustang so it don't have 500hp and they said it did, what you having a song and dance about it for, does not exactly have any significance to the test. Are we sorry they mis quoted or sorry it was not the 500bhp model. A more powerful mustang would have just extended what was already a huge time span on what was already a god awful long time looking at a checkered flag fluttering in the breeze.

Well if it was being compared to a regular BMW330ci and they said it was an M3 then you Euro's would be up in arms, but since it is an American car I guess it doesn't matter, because well all suck anyway and so do all of our cars right? So accuracy is only important to you when they are talking about cars made in Europe? This is the same kind of crap they pulled with the GT500 saying it only has 450hp and Jeremy trying to pass of a V6 automatic mustang as a V8 in his video last year racing that horse. Sure I can laugh at it, but still bugs me that they purposely get the facts wrong when it comes to anything American.

If you are truly educated as you claim to be then you would understand the importance of being accurate in what ever you do and say in life. As TOMCAT said "it is about credibility".

Side note: I will be the first to tell you that the new SHelby line of cars are crap. I would never own one or drive one. Useless overpriced shitboxes.

I can't wait to see how many things Jeremy says that are wrong about the upcoming 2009 ZR-1 just because it is American, but I am very sure Tiff needle who knows what he is talking about will love it since the C6 ZO6 was his favorite car last year. That car is going to be the supercar killer.

Well if it was being compared to a regular BMW330ci and they said it was an M3 then you Euro's would be up in arms, but since it is an American car I guess it doesn't matter, because well all suck anyway and so do all of our cars right?

If you are truly educated as you claim to be

For 1 I never claimed to be truley educated, what I said was I am educated meaning that I didn't know the "Shelby" Mustang was a 12k fix on a standard car with only 6k for parts and labour thats what I meant about educated.

Now as for a M3 thats a premium car from a premium maker, thats a bad bad example, my guess is I think most Euros from the forum would mention it, dont think they would be bothered by it just mention it. On the other hand if they tested it against a Reno Cleo Sport V6 and claimed it had 300bhp or a srandard Sierra Cosworth and said it was a RS 500 don't think any1 would give a damn.

Don't think any1 thinks ALL american cars are crap but I still don't understand the patrotism, if mass produced cars from a perticalar country for the mass market in general are crap so what? Lets take British cars from a major manufactor they are indeed crap no1 Euro or British will argue. British mass market cars are shite am I bothered errrr............no.

Last edited:
No, American. The new XF isn't close to the concept. It looks like a subaru legacy hit a buick.
Rubbish...

The XF is has it's own distinctive design, and it's design was actually finished and signed off before the C-XF concept car was made. Plus, there is nothing that is crap about it, all of the reviews I have read so far says it's fabulous...

Rubbish...

The XF is has it's own distinctive design, and it's design was actually finished and signed off before the C-XF concept car was made. Plus, there is nothing that is crap about it, all of the reviews I have read so far says it's fabulous...

What he said is that it doesn't look even remotely like the concept, which is right. You didn't answer his question.

What he said is that it doesn't look even remotely like the concept, which is right. You didn't answer his question.
No, he said it was crap and it looked like a Subaru Legacy that had hit a Buick, both of which is wrong, as I rightly pointed out... Pluss it lends it's basic design from the concept, not particularly odd since the concept car was built after the XF was signed off for it's final testing.

To be fair I didn't ask a question, just posting an opinion.

I was just surprised (I shouldn't be) how glowing the XF review was. The only part of the review that seemed cool was the interior moving trinkets (gimmicks). The exterior leaves a lot to be desired and won't make a dent in E series or 5 series sales.

jaguar-2009-jaguar-xf.jpg

flip the head lights =

08_Subaro_legacy_frontangle_CAD_430.jpg

add a hideous buick grill =

2007buickterrazafrontview.jpg

Now this, I like, even with the same grill:

bond_22_jaguar_cxf1.jpg

I was just surprised (I shouldn't be) how glowing the XF review was. The only part of the review that seemed cool was the interior moving trinkets (gimmicks). The exterior leaves a lot to be desired and won't make a dent in E series or 5 series sales.
How can you be suprized that they liked it when everyone else who have driven it (Autocar, CAR, EVO, Top Gear Magazine, the lot...) also likes it a lot? It's a good car in it's own right. As for the looks, that's subjective, and I have seen all of the cars in it's class in real life, and the XF is definately the best looking of the bunch, compared to the boring Mercedes, Lexus and Audi and the ugly duckling that is the 5-series, my opinion though...