[10x13] December 18th, 2006

He would never do that because he has taste and knows his shit. That's why the Z06 won.
Taste?

Tiff Needell has taste?

The man think BMWs are God, and in the name of the Lord, have you SEEN his shirts?

He knows how to drive, but he does not have taste!

And if Tiff threw away an American car for a Japanese one, you would totally disagree!

Taste?

Tiff Needell has taste?

The man think BMWs are God, and in the name of the Lord, have you SEEN his shirts?

He knows how to drive, but he does not have taste!

And if Tiff threw away an American car for a Japanese one, you would totally disagree!
Where do you come up with this shit? I own 2 Japanese cars and thought the 911 should win.

FG went from a show that i hung out all week waiting for (like Top Gear) to a boring small car sales show with tiny snippets of faster cars.
People want to see exotic motor vehicles that most can only dream about...
I disagree whole-heartedly. That can't be the truth, else Top Gear wouldn't get eleventy billion letters a day saying "Why don't you feature any cars that people can actually afford?" I see it on message boards and other places all the time. I have to say that some times I can't help but agree with them. I've seen the older episodes from the FTPs, and they were enjoyable, too. Being informative doesn't mean being boring. I've watched Good Eats enough to know that. I don't see why people think they're mutually exclusive.

Remember those fun shootouts & zooming flybuys that they used to do in fast fun cars.. now it's just air bag safety, corny caf? segments, safety again, small car testdrive, win a car, sell a car, buy a car, old men in a caf? , win a car, family car testdrive, FG Website, more corny caf? jokes, sporty (maybe a fast) car, win a car, End of Show... all of that & you have to try & keep focused on anything but Tim.
This part I agree with. The loss of the shootouts in Series 9 was a bad sign. And the constant featuring of celebs has really gotten out of control. Why are they the ones driving the fast cars instead of Tiff or Jason? I like that Fifth Gear has always been more consumer-oriented and "down to earth" than the more fantasy-laden petrolhead-y Top Gear, but they really have been taking the focus off car reviews, which, to be fair, is a complaint that can be levied against the last "How Hard Can It Be?" series of Top Gear.

Where do you come up with this shit? I own 2 Japanese cars and thought the 911 should win.

Your image on the board. :p

But I'll agree.

Whatever dude, Tiff's the man. There's no arguing with that.

He can drive. When it comes to style, wit, practicality and other stuff, he is only average.

There's really no arguning with that.

Another thing...why did everyone hate the celebrity in the second segment? I thought he was hilarious in his own little henpecked powerful man way.

He can drive. When it comes to style, wit, practicality and other stuff, he is only average.

There's really no arguning with that.
And it was the Best Sports Car, so he's 100% right.

Another thing...why did everyone hate the celebrity in the second segment? I thought he was hilarious in his own little henpecked powerful man way.
Didn't hate him, thought it was irrelevant though, mostly.

Though, I like the thought of getting a rich twat to test a luxury car.

And it was the Best Sports Car, so he's 100% right.
Well, a sports car should look beautiful, or at least cool. I could have made the Z06 styling.

Well, a sports car should look beautiful, or at least cool. I could have made the Z06 styling.

*Off Topic*

I disagree, the C6 is the best looking Corvette in years. It even borrows some styling cues from the split-window: (one of the best looking Corvettes ever produced, IMO)
http://img177.imageshack.**/img177/3962/1963chevroletcorvetterege1.jpg
http://img177.imageshack.**/img177/4255/2007chevroletcorvettez0gt1.jpg

*/Off Topic*

Yes, but I'll have to say that it doesn't mean too much.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Vette, the C6 is a good sports car, not a good American sports car, just a good sports car.

The Z06 is a good track car, that could be used on the road.

But would you use it every day? Nah.

But to get back on topic, I just don't think the Z06 is very good looking. Personally, I like the std. C6 better.

Taste is like a anatomically correct arse, divided.

The reason why the C6 looks quite similar to it's Grandfather is simple. A Car Manufacturer has to change the Design slightly over the years. If it's been radically changed (like Renault already did the last few years), you'll probably get a loss of Customers.

I would say it's a matter of habit, otherwise there could be a BMW 760 Touring available on the market. Ok, everybody tried to bash Chris Bangle since 2002 but now the BMW 3 series is the World Car of the year 2006. You see, sometimes a change will be appreciated, but when it comes to sporty icons like the Vette or the Porsche 911, you can't just cut off the old Styling and go for a complete new one. Sooner or later you as a Manufacturer will declare yourself as insolvent.

One good example for this are the headlights of the 911. The 996 production series had some ugly of them. They looked like fried eggs. The customers didn't want them, they wanted them in the old original style. As of the 997 series, they are looking 911-like again...

I think it's a kind of reminiscence in some cases.

If I were ever to own a Z06 - it would strictly be by track-car. I wouldn't drive it day to day on the road.

And I like the Corvette design. Its ol' school muscle car :evil:

It's easy to spot why Corvette's do a decent amount of MPG's.

It's weird none of you guys came up with it in 4 pages, aspecially those who claim to been driving them.

It's a trick vette's been using for year's, and a few more american car's. Why european can manufacters don't use the same trick is beyond me, because it works very very both on economy and noise.

They have an extremly long 6th(or top) gear. Top speed is reached in 5th, 6th is only there to cruise and be economical. Offcourse it's easier to do with a very big and torquey engine like the small-block chevvy. But I can't see why it wouldn't work great on say a Jag XK8 or anything with 200 bhp or more as you need barely 30 bhp to maintain 70 Mph and a XK8 woulf easly produce that @2000 rpm(with room to accelerate)

music

music

what was the music played when they were talking about the mini being small car of the year, cheers

J Walk - Soul Vibration

Any Idea on the track before that when they were talking about the clio?

Last edited:
If I were ever to own a Z06 - it would strictly be by track-car. I wouldn't drive it day to day on the road.
I know that Clarkson said that it didn't ride well on the road, but is there a review from someone that HASN'T had back surgery in the past couple years that has said the same thing?

Tiff says it's fine on the road. Same with every magazine review I've read.