[11x02] June 29th, 2008

[11x02] June 29th, 2008

• Total voters
If he does that will make it uncool - you know the rules. ;)

He did say the drivers who drive them are cocks though. follow that logic :p

Oh and I think May's hair is the reason he's off screen at the moment, I think, he's been looking through the old magazines a the dentist, saw a picture of Ginola from the mid '90s and is going for that look.

Oh and the repetition jokes - there's a very fine line to tread, comedy rule of three is established, (get the audience to anticipate it, then bash what happens round their head - I learned that from futurama commentaries.) Then theres a drop off where it gets annoying (think Little Britain), then once it gets enough it becomes funnier (Think sideshow bob + rakes - funniest one is the unanticipated callback) (I got that one from simpsons commentaries) - Six Episodes..... might not get that far.

Fucking germans, that's ?8.50 I've lost on euro 2008 now. I hope Top Gear rips them to pieces.

Last edited:
From the top the car, comparison challenge was a good warm up for the rest of the programme. The powerslides were brilliant.

The news always the best part IMHO the three interacting and tossing squirrels :D Poor old James, slip of the tongue ;D Didn't they repeat the 'Death of the Vectra' from last week's news uncut.

The Alps challenge, the cinematography was stunning, (TG crew at their best) the car was shown off brilliantly, shame it didn't win. Those mad skiers were quite amazing.

TG Stunt man this week, as Andy said, has got better and the stunt was nearly there. there's always next for them to crack it.

THE COOL WALL, how brilliant was its return. So pleased it was reinstated. And the SIARPC was better than I expected. Mind you anything would have been an improvement from last week's attempt. Jeremy looked positively animated by his two guests, who were very funny!

Jeremy in the Mercedes CLK Black. Wow. What a car, what filming and just wow. The noise it made. I would like one. again TG crew, at their best with helicopters and mist. :)

This week was TG back to basics and have got over the first week back to school kind of feeling. Now they are back in the swing of things I can't wait for next weeks programme with the Alfa challenge. Bit more James would be nice as his voice overs and introductions are sometimes better than the other two.

jmb: I think it sounds like 'Primavera' from Einaudi's latest album, Divenire (which you haven't got, Primavera and Divenire are immense songs), but I haven't got the time at the moment to check it, I'm off to bed.

Yeah, like Speedtouch I thought it sounded like Ludovico... but do you know what track? I don't think I have it... Found him thanks to the pilot of the last series from what I recall.... :)

The track is Ludovico Einaudi - Giorni dispari

According to Andy Wilman's blog from a bit back Clarkson decided to use it in the film after hearing it at a piano recital at his daughter's school.

Saves me some time - it is off the Eden Roc album.

Only saving me time because I just started listening to Divenire again prompted by TG. Damn, there is some lovely stuff there.

Wow. Even though the studio parts was too scripted it still was really good. I loved it. Not to say that the Challenges aren't fun, because they really are. But this was sort of TG series 5 or 6. It was just great to watch. Hopefully there will be one more show like this during series 11, but I doubt it.

Well, of *course* Astons aren't cool. Not anymore.

When the DB9 first came in, then they were cool. But with the V8 Vantage and then the DBS coming in all riffing on the *exact* *same* *design,* well then that's just getting stale. And stale ain't cool.

Astons, right now, are on the same level as the BMW M3. Everyone wants one, which means they can't set themselves apart, ergo they're uncool.

The EVO VS. STI review: 7/10
* Good but it felt like 90% of the 8 minutes were focused on the EVO.
* Cool that the STi was faster (?)

The talk/news: 7/10
* MY color is.. "ehh..."
* XKRS: Boring car.
* Signum: Better then keeping the old one.
* Fiesta: Very much alot better!
* Dacia = Ugly!
* Squirrel was funny ^^
* Clarkson found "this" again and we do not get to see it :(

RS6 VS. Skiers: 7/10
* I already knew about the monsterous power, it's mindblowing!
* Hammonds french was "very" good :p
* I really like the "nerd moments", more of those please!
* Hammond has lost every challenge (Car VS plane, Car VS train and so on). The challengers always win... Too much of a challenge ^^

SIARPC: 5/10
* Don't know anything about anyone of them,
* but it was better than the last one.
* But it was 10 minutes of the show and that is, IMO, too long and still not very entertaining.

Top Gear Stuntman: 5/10
* My first thoughs: "If HE really tries he could die."
* When I had seen the landning: "Ouch, that's got to hurt".

Cool Wall: 10/10 (By default since it's finally back)
* C5 = Uncool. Good car but not a cool car.
* M3 = Close to the middle between Cool and Sub Zero
* RS4 = Should be a Cool but since the drivers are cocks it's un cool.
* Aston Martins are un cool? Darn it! Footballers cars = f430 Spyder
* X6 = SERIOUSLY UNCOOL! Horrible! Yuck.

CLK Black Series: 7/10
* People aren't driving since there are speedcameras and traffic all over every road
* Cool car!
* Great footage and effects.
* Not my favorite car but it's damn cool. But what about the track time?

FINAL SCORE: 7/10 - Great ep, just as good as the last one.

BTW: How can you give this a 9/10? Just wondering.

Top Gear Stuntman: 5/10
* My first thoughs: "If HE really tries he could die."
* When I had seen the landning: "Ouch, that's got to hurt".
Actually that is the point - epic TG fail. Keeping alive and failing is actually harder that success.

Actually that is the point - epic TG fail. Keeping alive and failing is actually harder that success.

I know, i read the blog but I just didn't think they tried hard enough. They should've jumped a river or such...

Your Swedish are you not? Watch out you are being too German - far too sensible.

/EDIT V OK You win! I surrender.

Last edited:
Your Swedish are you not? Watch out you are being too German - far too sensible.

What do you mean by that? Too sensible!? I though that sensibility was what people thought a Swede was :p

Had to laugh during the (otherwise dull) Stars segment- there was a cracking girl behind Jezza, and an absolute munter- who was even yawning- behind the 'stars'!

haha glad someone else noticed

I liked the episode and gave it an 8 just because i felt the news and studio bits in general could have been less scripted and funnier. Its so nice to see the cool wall back and i half agree with Hammond about Aston Martins, the DB9, the DBS and all new astons have become to common and less cool, id put them as cool, not uncool yet but not sub zero either.

However some Aston Martins are still super cool and always will be and the best example of that it the DB5 which is so cool its past the fridge and as far away from Mays Fiat Panda (which i do like but unfortunetly James owns i) as posssible

I agreed with Hammond that Astons are uncool cars now (ever since the DB9) but how is Paolo Maldini not cool? I can understand Wayne Rooney and the others but Paolo? Maybe it's because I am fan of AC Milan, lol. Great Episode 9/10

Definately one of my favourite episodes yet...loved everything about it really. I really like all the cars, although not the STI as much. Hammond's RS6 review was awesome, Clarkson's CLK review probably was one of his best reviews yet IMO. 10/10 from me.