[11x03] July 6th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see an Alfa 75/Milano in one picture, and a Spyder in the other.

I've got $5 that says James bought the 75/Milano (and he'll talk at length about the quirky bits like the roof-mounted window switches and giant u-handle e-brake) and Hamster bought the Spyder.

I wonder what the Clarkmeister will roll up in. I'm betting Alfetta or GTV. GTV6 if he's very ambitious :lol:

topgear.com posted a article with pictures acourding the filming of episode 3

TGTV episode 3
We've just returned from checking out the filming for this Sunday's Top Gear, and what a belter it's going to be.

First up there's Bentley's awesome Brooklands. It's one of life's great ironies that supercars are designed to appeal to kids, not the people who can afford them (i.e. middle-aged men who are more interested in having a nice sit down than setting a new lap record at the 'Ring). But with the Brooklands, Bentley figures it has the answer.

JC investigates... by taking the ?250,000, 530bhp Brooklands on a quiet sojourn around our Dunsfold test track. Well, we say quiet...

Next up there's a 'Cheap Alfa Romeo Challenge'. Continuing the TG tradition for 'cheap challenges' (think supercars, Porsches etc.) the Alfa task sees Clarkson, Hammond and May buying a bargain Romeo and, well, you know the score...

All our esteemed presenters maintain that you can't be a true petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa. The producers beg to differ, so it's up to the boys to demonstrate the joys of owning a car from the pride of Milan.

In the studio, Gavin and Stacey's BAFTA award-winning actor and writer James Corden is this week's celebrity hoping to add his name to the upper reaches of our celeb board.

Old hand Rob Brydon joins James to show him the ropes, having cut his teeth on our test track in series 3 and setting a lap time quicker than his mate and petrolhead Steve Coogan.

In the news, there are some exciting updates about the Dacia Sandero, and Jeremy continues his new campaign against signs.

Check it all out, this Sunday (July 6) on BBC2 at 8pm.

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/3008/

Oh man, I'm away for the weekend. How on earth will I find out about the Dacia Sandero?

Wait... No Top Gear this sunday?

Anyway, it's gonna be awesome to see the cheap Alfa challenge!

this s*cks...

my girlfriend said that i can't watch Top Gear 2-night because it's her birthday ore something......What a crappy reason...... Will download this one as soon as i can, en will watch it when she's asleep :D

Wait... No Top Gear this sunday?
Yeah there is

8:00 pm
Top Gear

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May buy three slightly used Alfas, each for less than ?1,000. The gargantuan Bentley Brooklands is power tested on the track.

The tennis is overrunning, and so far anything scheduled on BBC One has been shifted to BBC Two, bumping whatever was on BBC2. It looks like it will go on past 8pm so there may be a chance Top Gear will get bumped, I'm not sure what's meant to be on BBC1 at that time. It's unlikely to be more popular, but I still think there's a small possibility of no Top Gear tonight.

EDIT: Panic over - Top Gear next on BBC2 :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.