[11x04] July 13th, 2008

57:35 - 57:48 is from the Thunderball OST, but I can't remember which cue. It's near the end of the album, I believe. I'll have a look when I'm connected to my iTunes library.

EDIT: No it isn't. It's a track featuring the 007 Theme (not to be confused with the James Bond theme), and I believe the poster on the previous page was correct. But I don't have Little Nellie on my copy of the soundtrack.

Last edited:
Bond song is from "You Only Live Twice - Little Nellie by John Barry"

Indeed. I knew it was from You Only Live Twice, but couldn't remember the scene it was from. Good call.

At last - I can help someone on the What's That Song!!!

The song starting at 29:10 - finishing at 30:20 - is 'Opening' by Craig Armstrong from the OST "Elizabeth The Golden Age".

It is repeated at 32:30-32:55 - a slightly different part of the song. For what it's worth - that soundtrack is one of Craig Armstrong's better efforts.

I honestly can't tell you which one yet because I haven't got the music to hand -- but the snippets played at 21:16-21:22 and 21:38-21:41 almost certainly sound like Scott Joplin. I will be able to get back on that after a day or two.

I THINK the track at 28:18-28:28 is 'The Drop' by John Powell from "The Bourne Supremacy" OST. However, I'm willing to be corrected on this one.

The second half of the race is TOUGH - there are so many percussion only tracks that so it's tough to pick out any strong motifs.

I have a strong suspicion that 45:26-45:48 is from Gladiator by Hans Zimmer, but it may be from the Extended score - which I used to have, but don't anymore! In any case, I think that track is definitely by Zimmer, it has his hallmarks all over it.

I think that 46:14-47:50 is more than one track. However, I do think that in the second half, this song is the same as the one in 52:38-53:12, and 54:46-54:58.

The beginning of the Alfa Romeo review sounds like Craig Armstrong - but I'm not sure which score. I suspect Romeo and Juliet, but I don't have that score!

If anyone can help me, I am dying to know which is the track from 33:05 - 33:50. It's lush, but I have no idea what it is.

I look forward to trying to make more contributions in the future.

P.S. Everything that was depicted about Japan was pretty accurate, especially the OTT petrol-station attendants!! (I live 100 metres away from one, and cycle past it everyday to work!)

Last edited:
The track I was looking for at 33:05-33:50 appears to be a remix of the main theme from 28 Days/Weeks later, but I can't find the actual track on either of the soundtracks, so it may be from some obscure version of those soundtracks.

However, for sure, it's the theme from those movies, the harmony is identical.

The song starting at 29:10 - finishing at 30:20 - is 'Opening' by Craig Armstrong from the OST "Elizabeth The Golden Age".
It's definitelly from that score, but in the TG ep the "intro" before the "epic" bit starts is a bit longer. I'm getting the entire album and will see if there's another track that fits it better.

The track I was looking for at 33:05-33:50 appears to be a remix of the main theme from 28 Days/Weeks later, but I can't find the actual track on either of the soundtracks, so it may be from some obscure version of those soundtracks.

However, for sure, it's the theme from those movies, the harmony is identical.

I'm pretty sure you're right... it was bugging me and it's used quite a bit by the beeb so I'm glad you've sussed that for me.

There isn't another track that fits it better. Having done music editing for commercials, it's not uncommon for tracks to be cut up and looped to make it sync with the picture better. Top Gear do it an awful lot actually! It's very easy to loop this track because the harmony is really simple, (and very Japanese, which is bizarre for a movie that is about Elizabeth, but never mind...it works.). The rhythm is very 'square' so it's easy to cut and rearrange this track.

Yeah, just went through the OST and you're right. No wonder i thought it was by Shiru Sagisu, it does sound very Japanese.

I can't listen to any of the missing tracks whilst at work, but I remember hearing part of the Dust Brothers soundtrack for "Fight Club" being played at one point.

33:05 -33:50 is amazing. It is from 28 days later, i'll have a dig on youtube at some point :)

It is repeated at 32:30-32:55 - a slightly different part of the song. For what it's worth - that soundtrack is one of Craig Armstrong's better efforts.

Thank you so much! I just got the soundtrack. (You are right, it's very good)

45:26 - 45:48

That song is called Spectres In The Fog. It's track 2 on The Last samurai soundtrack.

I honestly can't tell you which one yet because I haven't got the music to hand -- but the snippets played at 21:16-21:22 and 21:38-21:41 almost certainly sound like Scott Joplin. I will be able to get back on that after a day or two.

I THINK the track at 28:18-28:28 is 'The Drop' by John Powell from "The Bourne Supremacy" OST. However, I'm willing to be corrected on this one.

The second half of the race is TOUGH - there are so many percussion only tracks that so it's tough to pick out any strong motifs.

I have a strong suspicion that 45:26-45:48 is from Gladiator by Hans Zimmer, but it may be from the Extended score - which I used to have, but don't anymore! In any case, I think that track is definitely by Zimmer, it has his hallmarks all over it.

I think that 46:14-47:50 is more than one track. However, I do think that in the second half, this song is the same as the one in 52:38-53:12, and 54:46-54:58.

The beginning of the Alfa Romeo review sounds like Craig Armstrong - but I'm not sure which score. I suspect Romeo and Juliet, but I don't have that score!

If anyone can help me, I am dying to know which is the track from 33:05 - 33:50. It's lush, but I have no idea what it is.

I look forward to trying to make more contributions in the future.

P.S. Everything that was depicted about Japan was pretty accurate, especially the OTT petrol-station attendants!! (I live 100 metres away from one, and cycle past it everyday to work!)

you are right. thank you.

ADDED:
47:07 - 47:50 - Alex Heffes - Press Conference
54:46 - 54:58 - Alex Heffes - Press Conference
58:08 - 58:54 - Alex Heffes - Press Conference

I kind of wished the GT-R segment would've had some Joe Hisaishi on it, but seems like there wasn't any.
I love the Hisaishi-composed soundtracks of Takeshi Kitano films :)