[11x04] July 13th, 2008

I've got to know the song from 0:40-1:29, if anyone can figure it out, please msg me on aim: Sanctus BahN
Thanks alot!

Is this in dispute ?
Yes, the version in the episode is not "In the house, in a heartbeat" and it doesn't appear to be on either the '28 Days Later' or '28 Weeks Later' soundtracks. It has a completely different drum track and a lot more strings, compared to the guitar-heavy versions on the 2 soundtracks.

Yes, the version in the episode is not "In the house, in a heartbeat" and it doesn't appear to be on either the '28 Days Later' or '28 Weeks Later' soundtracks. It has a completely different drum track and a lot more strings, compared to the guitar-heavy versions on the 2 soundtracks.

The most minor of minor differences, imo.

If that's how you play it, its probably a mix someone knocked up, or something the BBC jazzed up with a bit of guitar, and hence will remain unsolved.

It could also be: East Hastings - Godspeed you black emperor (About 6:30 onwards)

It was also covered by Junesong Provision, who i believe are a rock band, but i cant find it anywhere.

Last edited:
In relation to the last, i may have found it.

John Murphy - Don Abandons Alice.

Its a variation of in the house.

There's also another variation called 'leaving england', but i belive, through listening several times, that Don Abandons Alice is the track we are looking for.

The most minor of minor differences, imo.
If that's how you play it, its probably a mix someone knocked up, or something the BBC jazzed up with a bit of guitar, and hence will remain unsolved.
The only similarity is the melody. The version of the 28 days/week theme that appears in the episode seams to be a re-recording by another artist or by a production library. Similar to when Clint Mansell's Requiem for a Dream music was re-recorded by Corner Stone Cues and retitled "Requiem for a Tower". That would be my guess.

Any body know the song at the very begining of alfa romeo 8c?
from 00:40? the orchestra piece.

33:05 - 33:50 definitely found!

33:05 - 33:50 definitely found!

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I too have been obsessed over finding the track that appears to be from 28 Days/Weeks Later at 33:05-33:50 - HOWEVER - it's not from there.

In fact, it's from the Doomsday soundtrack.

I was watching the DVD extras today, as I literally just got the DVD, and sure enough - there the track was.

The track is: Tyler Bates - "Sinclair Slips Free"

(It's also hinted at in "Exodus" and "Tolamon").

Here's a YouTube video of Tyler Bates talking about his music and the Doomsday soundtrack as well, in case you're interested:

[YOUTUBE]pPf7N0WdmQo[/YOUTUBE]

:)

Last edited:
ADDED:
46:36 - 47:05 - Alex Heffes - Ambush
49:56 - 51:32 - Nick Pheonix - On the Brink
52:38 - 53:11 - Alex Heffes - Ambush

Hello for everybody!
Now, please everybody let's concentrate on the orchestra piece at the very beginning.:)

I actually wrote to Top Gear about this. I'm that desperate.
I'll post if I'm ever lucky enough to hear from them.

Last edited: