[11x04] July 13th, 2008

M83 - Let Men Burn Stars

Anyone know where I can get that? Just watched the episode again and love that track, very moving.

DOn't know if I should mention that here or in the specific episode thread, but I like jezza's ringtone in the GTR race. Where can I get it, or something similar? thanks :)

53:45 - 54:44

When they are crossing the river or harbor, and Jeremy is coming up from driving the Nissan GTR beneath the water in a tunnel exiting via an incredible roadway leading to an immensely long bridge, there is the most majestic music I've heard. I've tried desperately to find it and went by the listing here and then downloaded 1.42 GB worth of music pertaining to this list and none of the music fits to that timeframe!

Please if someone has an idea what that music is from it would be greatly, greatly appreciated! :)

Thank-you for providing this amazing resource.

Thanks. Sorry, but that's not it. What I am looking for is something that is an orchestral piece, not a Pink-Floyd style guitar riff. It is when Jeremy just drives out of the underwater tunnel. Even if my time cue might be off, which I doubt because the other songs seem to fit, I've checked every song in that second part of the race from the list and none of them have that piece.

The piece begins when May and Hammond are running to the ferry and the camera shows the stern of the ferry. The piece is quiet at that point. Then as May and Hammond are discussing where Jeremy might be, the piece continues as Jeremy is speeding through the underwater tunnel. And as May and Hammond finish speaking and the scene shifts to Jeremy coming out of the exit of the tunnel and there is a helicopter shot of the exit panning over to the very long bridge leading to shore, the same piece becomes loud and dominates the scene up until Jeremy gets to shore and then puts on the japanese headband (sorry don't know the official word for it). I'm getting this from the season 11 DVD. So even if the timestamp might be off, this is the part I am looking for. And Ultramarine isn't it, sorry.

What rip of this are you watching? If it's not the original BBC2 airing, they might have changed the music.

Hi Icebone,

I'm watching the two disc DVD release "As seen on BBC America and BBC Canada".

Ok...I just listened to the first piece of part 2 of the Japan race. An orchestral piece as the camera pans over Tokyo from the air and Jeremy is talking about the possibility of traffic problems ahead. That piece playing is not found on any part of Hans Zimmer "Spectres in the Fog". But could it be that the American/Canadian version of Top Gear has such a different musical soundtrack?

Last edited:
Hi Icebone,

I'm watching the two disc DVD release "As seen on BBC America and BBC Canada".

Ok...I just listened to the first piece of part 2 of the Japan race. An orchestral piece as the camera pans over Tokyo from the air and Jeremy is talking about the possibility of traffic problems ahead. That piece playing is not found on any part of Hans Zimmer "Spectres in the Fog". But could it be that the American/Canadian version of Top Gear has such a different musical soundtrack?

Is it "Trouble in Paradise (Variations on a Theme)"? The time codes seem to be different considering this takes place about a minute after the timecodes you specified.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_r5rVU5rw

Last edited:
They must have changed it due to licencing issues. I don't have the copy you speak of, maybe if you cut it out and posted on youtube?

somebody knows what the song 25:16 to 26:07? as this music sounds in the first series of the season 10 during a test of lightweight supercars.cant find it anywhere =(

Thanks. Sorry, but that's not it. What I am looking for is something that is an orchestral piece, not a Pink-Floyd style guitar riff. It is when Jeremy just drives out of the underwater tunnel. Even if my time cue might be off, which I doubt because the other songs seem to fit, I've checked every song in that second part of the race from the list and none of them have that piece.

The piece begins when May and Hammond are running to the ferry and the camera shows the stern of the ferry. The piece is quiet at that point. Then as May and Hammond are discussing where Jeremy might be, the piece continues as Jeremy is speeding through the underwater tunnel. And as May and Hammond finish speaking and the scene shifts to Jeremy coming out of the exit of the tunnel and there is a helicopter shot of the exit panning over to the very long bridge leading to shore, the same piece becomes loud and dominates the scene up until Jeremy gets to shore and then puts on the japanese headband (sorry don't know the official word for it). I'm getting this from the season 11 DVD. So even if the timestamp might be off, this is the part I am looking for. And Ultramarine isn't it, sorry.

I have been searching for this piece of music for a ridiculous amount of time, and just stumbled across it completely by accident. It is called "Trailblazing" from BBC's "Seven Wonders of the Industrial World" series. I found it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0RqNli6XPg . They've used a couple of other songs from that series on the Top Gear DVDs as well.

You know that triumphant sounding swell of music there? Really sums up how I felt when I found it on YouTube.

(Pathetic? No. Not Really.)

Hi,

I'm completely new to the forums here and am really looking for help. On this episode where James and Richard first get on the bullet train there's a piece of music playing and I can't find it anywhere and am looking for help identifying it.

Here is the clip. The music plays from 3:48 to 4:55. I have a sinking feeling it's an edited version of the show but I'd appreciate the help all the same.

The one they used in the original bbc broadcast is much better. No idea what that one is, probably some public domain track that allowed them to release that segment elsewhere.