[11x04] July 13th, 2008

[11x04] July 13th, 2008

• Total voters
Great episode - 10/10. Absolutely loved the race as well as the 8C review.

How did JC manage to program his GPS to take him to the final destination when he couldn't even find out how to turn it on?

The car always wins. All the races are scripted this way. Overscripiness makes them a bit yawny. This race was short and didn't feature enough variety in locations or situations. Seemed like the same station, the same road all the way. Nothing happened in it too, except that moment when they all got lost synchronously.

Here, you complain that the race is scripted and the results are tampered (which it's not).

It would be nice if they could make it so that Hamster got permanently lost for a change... or if JC ctashed the car at the end of it... and spare us one of those 3-min "close" finishes :rolleyes:

And here you suggest ways of tampering the result and give ideas for the "script".

Wait what? Hypocrite.

Andy and Jeremy need to quit reading all the sniveling dweebs who do nothing but criticize others with talent who actually struggle episode after episode to create great entertainment. They display their efforts on the air for all to see only to have some pick at their nits. I don't know what the budget for this episode was, but every bit of it was on screen. This episode was brilliant and if you disagree with me, then you sir are worse than Hitler.

Well said. ;)

I NEED the first song from when they boarded the bullet train. :eek:

The song is from Elizabeth: The Golden Age. I believe it's track one.

By the way, am I the only person who thought the girl on the first train was cute? The one who turned her head to look behind her?

Looking at the newsreaders made me feel funny, but the race was pretty cool.

News was good, as usual.

This episode was brilliant and if you disagree with me, then you sir are worse than Hitler.

Looking at the state of Europe today, many people are questioning weather he was so bad after all!

Great episode
9.6 for me. Gave it 10

"I bet he could see your beaver from a mile away!" :lmao:

Quite a good episode. Very (and rightly so) dominated by the race. Can't wait for the full review next week! :)

I'm watching it now, and I'm at the news. I know that the "I was on the internet and I found this" bit was either:
1. Edited
2. A scripted audience reaction
But, I have to say, that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Oh, and the Dacia... something running gag just never gets old.

Update: OK. Ready to give a rating. This episode is an easy 10/10. No questions asked.

Last edited:
What is this?

33o2sz5.jpg

it was a brilliant episode. you really would have to be a supreme bore to not find at least 1 thing to enjoy. The twist on the internet gag was very clever. And who cares if it was scripted, if it made you laugh = goal achieved.

SIARPC was pretty funny, they have all been together before anyway. Alfa 8C had some nice touches, although not a fan of the really really slo-mo black and white shots, but still it was lovely. And then the race, that was so so good, JC was really starting to hammer the GTR on those twisty mountain roads.

Shotgun getting the bill oddie avatar.

Speaking of findings on the internet, I was going around and I found this absolute PRICK!

badge.php

Oh yeah, the suspense was back, I still maintain the best race was the DB9 race though, just cos it was so simple. And that episode, if it had a better SIARPC would be my number 1.

not sure whether your being jokey or actually attacking me?

that is actually my FB profile lol

and why did i get some less than positive rep for getting badger/beaver mixed up?

EDIT: oh wait.... i see if ur logged on to fb....it puts ur face in the frame lol good one

Last edited:
Another thing I just thoight about.

As high tech as Japan is, why did they have so many dropped calls?

Good episode, always love the races. I really wish our public transport system was like that, as someone who doesn't drive and uses it all the time. SIARPC was OK actually, I've not been keen on it this series.

Last edited:
the 8c review wouldn't have looked out of place at a paris film premiere, the race was epic as promised, funny as ever. siarpc was not too brilliant imo, but i've come to expect that, all in all, brilliant, 9/10 on my watch :>

"he can spot your beaver from about a mile away"