[11x05] July 20th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it just me or does anyone else skip SIARPC? Most of the time I am like oops I almost watched that.
i dont want to sound too typically american, but generally if i dont recognize the SIARPC, i skip it. thats not too say that i dont watch anyone non-American. i just saw the Ray Winstone one, that is great (except that sometimes i cant understand a word he is saying), Gambons are good, that Indian gentleman was excellent. but yes this season i as well have skipped at least the last 2. this next one looks like i will skip, just cuz i simply dont care about either of these people, from the information i have read here. the segment is too long for me now with 2 guests,and i wish they would just do another power test or even a classic short top gear sketch like in the past.

btw, i was thinkin about this old luxury car challenge that is happening in this one, and im curious as to why no Hammond? usually in these challenges its all 3 of them, except during extenuating circumstances (like the winter olympics), but no mention of hammond at all in this episode...

btw, i was thinkin about this old luxury car challenge that is happening in this one, and im curious as to why no Hammond? usually in these challenges its all 3 of them, except during extenuating circumstances (like the winter olympics), but no mention of hammond at all in this episode...

This time, Jeremy and James are using their own cars, and I can't remember if Hammond has a big luxury car.

Sorry to say but next week (episode 5) sounds quite boring. I hope they can do something to have me regret typing this message at this time next week.

is it cars they bought in japan? or something?

Is it not possible that we will be seeing a special perhaps? Like the Polar Special was last year, only this time it'll be Germans vs. Brits.

btw, i was thinkin about this old luxury car challenge that is happening in this one, and im curious as to why no Hammond?
It may have already been planned to just have Jeremy and James, but they were filming the London segments while Richard was undergoing an appendectomy, a hernia repair, and a few days later, having a kidney stone the size of a bus (approximately) removed :)

i love old luxury sedans as mercedes pullman they are great and about GTR it is hand made and very precious car but after they have job done with technology as diff locks and so on they had to let italian engineers to do engine cause it has no dramma and lacks passion it ll be great engine for street racing but speeding middle of desert at 180mp/h it wont be so exiting as ferrari or lamborghini

The other issue is that, if they're using a JDM-spec GT-R, the restrictor is in place unless the GPS senses the car is on a track.

Is it really that clever?

In some ways that's a cool feature but in reality there should just be a big red button on the dash that says 'GO FAST!'

Even I've had enough now. These two are such a horrible pair of slimey little pricks - Peter Jones in particular. Seriously, when you non-Brits see the little c**t, you'll know exactly why I'm so vehemently opposed to his existence.

LOL.

I get the distinct impression that the 'stars' for this series are whoever the TG team happened to bump into in the BBC offices.

I really hope this episode makes the most out of that third bloke that not even the producers realize is still on the BBC's payroll and is not, in fact, some homeless guy that wandered in off the street after ransacking Salvation Army's 80s clothing aisle for all it's worth.

I also hope nothing happens to those two old magnificent limos. No ripped-off wheels or half-assed paint jobs, please...:cry:

i love old luxury sedans as mercedes pullman they are great and about GTR it is hand made and very precious car but after they have job done with technology as diff locks and so on they had to let italian engineers to do engine cause it has no dramma and lacks passion it ll be great engine for street racing but speeding middle of desert at 180mp/h it wont be so exiting as ferrari or lamborghini

I know you're not from an English-speaking country, but dude, did your English teachers ever enlighten you with the miracle of punctuation?! :?

i dont want to sound too typically american, but generally if i dont recognize the SIARPC, i skip it. thats not too say that i dont watch anyone non-American. i just saw the Ray Winstone one, that is great (except that sometimes i cant understand a word he is saying), Gambons are good, that Indian gentleman was excellent. but yes this season i as well have skipped at least the last 2. this next one looks like i will skip, just cuz i simply dont care about either of these people, from the information i have read here. the segment is too long for me now with 2 guests,and i wish they would just do another power test or even a classic short top gear sketch like in the past.

My bf has the same problem understanding a lot of the british accents but to me they just sound normal. I am wondering if it is because I am from the deep south and he is from the North.

I have been in a bar with Ray Winstone and he talks exactly like that. And you should hear him after he has had a few. Definately a happy drunk. (I was at a Robin of Sherwood convention. Ray played Will Scarlet brilliantly)

Yes probably. Or perhaps you have a stronger will to "tune in" to them. After a short while he would pick it up too I am sure.

sorry blaro its bad habbit hate comas hate dot s so i think main idea is more important than dot after the sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.