[11x05] July 20th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry blaro its bad habbit hate comas hate dot s so i think main idea is more important than dot after the sentence

You hate punctuation? What did semicolons ever do to you?!

The "main idea" is pointless if nobody can understand it, mate. :rolleyes:

oh awesome guests this week..... theo and peter are two of my favourite dragons. peter should be a nice match height wise for clarkson, that guy is huge.

Could someone tell me what these two do for a living? Or is it better if we didn't know?

millionaires basically

i think peter made his fortune in mobile phones and theo is supposed to be a retail wizard.... he has turned around the fortunes of a number of high street chains here in the UK so i guess thats no lie.

they are involved with dragons den on the BBC investing in start up companies or ideas they think are good.

i think peter is desperate to get more into tv, there was a program on him and thats what he said he wanted. i think hes had his own "apprentice" style show, not sure how good it was.

as they work for the BBC getting even richer..... its no suprise they are going to appear on the show.

i think they'll be good guests although they are rather smarmy and smug and full of themselves, but then again which self made millionaire isnt

however im not sure on their backgrounds.... i'd like to think they worked hard and came from sod all but its probably going to be more like, right place, right time, was able to get the money from a wealthy relative and the rest is history. theo got his break in the 80's housing boom, peter had his own tennis academy before he was even 20 and somehow managed to turn over ?14m in one year after setting up a mobile phone company in 1998

i know duncan worked his way up, dude volunteered in the navy, grew up in Clydebank and was dishonourably discharged (after spending time in military detention) for pushing an officer over board. he started with ice creams and i think may of got lucky on purchasing a almost finished building from its bankrupt owners and began an nursing home business. last i knew he lived up here in grand old Middlesbrough (well Stockton on Tees which is just up the road) and his wife/gf/fiance/whatever was/is actually a friend of one of my mothers close friends.

im pretty sure he dont spend all that much time up here mind, but if he still has a home up here, i think i have a good idea where he lives. of the 3 duncan seems to be the most genuine and pleasant to watch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Jones_(entrepreneur)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_Paphitis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Bannatyne

Last edited:
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,
no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,
no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no
no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Even I've had enough now. These two are such a horrible pair of slimey little pricks - Peter Jones in particular. Seriously, when you non-Brits see the little c**t, you'll know exactly why I'm so vehemently opposed to his existence. .

Agreed. Why couldn't they get Duncan Bannatyne?

To paraphrase Lady Bracknell in Wilde's "The Importance of Being Ernest"

"To have one smug rich bastard SIARPC (Cowell) may be viewed as a misfortune, to have two looks like carelessness."

Luxury car thing should be funny, and probably just an average review.

sorry blaro its bad habbit hate comas hate dot s so i think main idea is more important than dot after the sentence

Yes, we understand, but whatever you type, without punctuation, is nearly incomprehensible.

Top Gear website said:
Just back from the studio show where the telly boys do their magic, and we're armed with news of this Sunday's antiques-roadshow-whupping programme.

It turns out that Clarkson wasn't entirely happy with last week's factory limited GT-R, because even though it beat the bullet train it didn't exactly destroy whole sections of the Japanese countryside, or spray power stations with deadly fire breath.

Like we'd expected it to.

So Jeremy takes it out for another spin on this week's show, this time however he is taking it to a place with no traffic, no speed cameras, no police and most importantly no speed limiter!

Where could that be? And no, it's not the M6 toll road.

A not very little known fact is that Jeremy and James are two men divided in their opinions on almost everything.

Politics, religion, cars and cheese are just a few of the things that they argue about in the rehearsals alone.

What they do agree on though is that they both want to drive some old school luxury, and unbeknown to each other, while they were off air, they both bought a couple of classic luxury cars.

Upon hearing this, the show producers decided that it would be a good idea to send the two of them off to compare their purchases.

Oh, and did we mention that they don't often agree...?

Continuing the theme of luxury cars this week's guests both own Maybachs (they also own mansions, luxury yachts and some Reggae Reggae sauce). They are two of the Dragons from BBC Two's Dragons Den - Theo Paphitis and Peter Jones.

Renowned for being competitive with each other in the Den, this week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car challenge is no different.

Not that we are ones to get political but most of the time banning stuff doesn't really lead to much fun (unless it's banning crocodile Dundee style hunting knives). This time however the banning of Fox Hunting and the curtailing of countryside off-roading gets turned into a brilliant new sport...

And don't forget The Stig, who's dried off from last week, but unfortunately forgot to wash so now he stinks of mold.

But that didn't stop him from diving into the GT-R; a car that has been a giant killer around the Nurburgring, but will it cut the mustard on the only track that actually matters?
http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/3048/
They seem confused about which episode they're on, as the site says "Episode 4 preview".

GT-R AROUND THE TRACK WITH THE STIG!!!!! :woot::woot::woot:

ok sorry guys, i will write more conviniently (and i am from georgia does anyone know where the hell it is? no )

That's the spirit! Yes, we know where Georgia is, former Soviet republic located in the Caucasus and birthplace of Josef Stalin. Some Americans paid attention in history and geography, you know.

Agreed. Why couldn't they get Duncan Bannatyne?

Yes, he probably is the most down to earth of all of them - but is he a car lover? (Well, OK, are the other two either...?!)

Have to admit I've never seen the SIARPC segment as more than a way of reminding that Clarkson has done a chat show in the past. Some are better than others, but it's definitely become a bit of a mid-episode tea/pee break for me - more so than in the past.

ok sorry guys, i will write more conviniently (and i am from georgia does anyone know where the hell it is? no )

Derr, me am dumb 'Merrcun, da yous meen dis Georgia?

Europe_location_GEO2.png

Although if you were from the other Georgia I wouldn't be surprised at your English abilities either.

Ok sorry guys, I will write more conveniently (and I am from Georgia, does anyone know where the hell it is? No. ).
FTFY (British - English variant).

Do not worry about us really, but you do have to remember that you are not the only one posting in their second language. There are slight variations within English too - fun when you get a Brit, an Aussie and an American all talking about cars at the same time... So it is best to try to communicate as clearly as possible, which I am afraid includes Capitals and punctuation.

Last edited:
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,
no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,
no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Even I've had enough now. These two are such a horrible pair of slimey little pricks - Peter Jones in particular. Seriously, when you non-Brits see the little c**t, you'll know exactly why I'm so vehemently opposed to his existence.

I can not STAND these people at all. When you see Peter Jones, try not to laugh at him, as he once said in an interview that he believes he's very attractive to the opposite sex. Yeah, in the same way that a dog is attracted to a lamp-post.

One of the great things about Top Gear is that you are safe from shitty celebrities. Now I have to tolerate Fiona Bruce and these cocksplashes two weeks in-a-row. None of the guests in this series have been any good; none of the guests in this series have any passion for cars and now these TWATS turn up. SIARPC has really dragged this series down - it really has been the weakest part of the show.

Jeremy and James in the luxury cars sounds like fun, though.

Jesus JM.... don't beat about the bush mate...say what you mean!:mrgreen:;)

I really dislike the Star/s in a reasonably priced car segment. A. I don't know who the local celebrity is, B. In lieu of that, I don't care what his track time is & C. I don't see how it has anything to do with motoring at all. The only time that I watch it is when they have race car drivers on there. If they absolutely insist on having that segment in there, they should atleast get the celebrity to bring his own car in and explain what he does or does not like about the car and why he bought it. They could tie it into the cool wall - cars driven by this comming episode's stars could go on the seriously uncool side of the board.

I was so annoyed by the above I posted something rude - I have deleted it. URSpider I thought that Brits were whiners but hells teeth you have won an award with that!

Do not like the show? You a foreigner? Then do not watch, go and play Ice Hockey instead.

Do not like the show and you are a Licence fee payer? Then write to the BBC, they are actually itching to cancel the show as the place is FULL of Islingtonistas - simple really. Get enough moans that is what they will do - some people do not understand the BBC. It is not driven by advertising. ...

Looks like the fox hunting is making it into this season after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.