[11x05] July 20th, 2008

[11x05] July 20th, 2008

• Total voters
Very good show. Loved when Jezza breaks his neck and has a guy on a lawn tractor come to help. And the Stig's lag was awesome! All in all the whole show was good.

I finally acquired this episode (I hate in my internet <_<) and I have to say, it was like good old Top Gear is back. The most telling comment I can say is, I'm watching it for the second time in 3 hours.

solid 8, enjoyed the episode very much. Excellent, but not exceptional.

Cool idea with the fox hunting "it boings from corner to corner" :roflmao:

It was great to see Jeremy and James's actual cars on the show. Hope we get to see more of that in future.

Why did the Top Gear stuntman disappear? The last James Bond rollover stunt was actually very good.

Why did the Top Gear stuntman disappear? The last James Bond rollover stunt was actually very good.

Don't encourage them :rolleyes: With any luck they'll let the idea drift into memory :p

Sorry, I was just now watching the last episode, as I'm waiting for the last episode to air in a hour!
I wasn't in the mood to read all ten pages. But did anyone else notice the awfully green shoes Jeremy has on in the luxery cars segment?
Never seen such green shoes on a man before!

I have a pair of very green Ellesse boots which I like. I haven't worn them for a few years, but now you remind me I may have to dig them out if only to annoy the missus :D

And for the first time in a while, a controversial comment on Top Gear is NOT said by Jeremy:

http://thejc.com/articles/theo’s-car-quip-backfires

The Jewish Chronicle said:
Dragon?s Den judge Theo Paphitis is in hot water with viewers over a remark made on Sunday?s edition of Top Gear on BBC1.

The corporation has received several complaints over Paphitis?s remark that fellow Dragon Peter Jones?s beige-coloured car was ?Jewish racing gold?.

A Board of Deputies spokesman said: ?The phrase ?Jewish racing gold? is known to us as a colloquial reference to a type of colour for a car; a phrase that has unfortunately leaked into mainstream usage.

?We don?t believe that Mr Paphitis meant to use the term in an offensive or aggressive way, rather that he had not fully considered that his use of the word ?Jewish? might cause offence to some Jewish viewers.?

Comedian David Baddiel also managed to attract criticism for a misjudged joke on the Channel 4 show 8 out of 10 Cats.

Asked what was the ?world?s most disappointing tourist attraction? he quipped ?Auschwitz?, adding: ?The rides are terrible?.

Now we?ll go over to Bernard Manning.

10/10 Definately a great episode. The GT-R review and lap was just pure brilliance. The noise that thing makes touched me in my special place. :lol: Yes I knew the fox hunt was a bit staged--but I was entertained because I allowed myself to BE entertained. That's what some people around here are forgetting to do. Just watch the damn show with an open mind and expect nothing but entertainment.

Does anybody have any idea, that when will these episodes come from BBC Prime? Or will they come at all?

this was an excellent episode... can't wait to watch number 6 (still downloading it)

Hmm.. there's a Hind on the track?

It is indeed. I saw an SHAR in the background of an earlier episode. Is the airfield an overflow/holding point for an aviation muesum?

NTM

I know it was mentioned before but......MY GOD Jeremy's shoes on the merc vs rolls segment are ugly!

Those are the greenest ugliest shoes I've seen in my life lol. I guessing he was matching them to the car but that only makes it worse. I do hope he was joking or on a dare when he put those on, cause damn those are some ugly shoes.