[11x06] July 27th, 2008

[11x06] July 27th, 2008

• Total voters
For example, [...] Carsten complains about never been driven a left-hand drive car before (and never been driven a bowler before :p ).
You mean he's never driven a right-hand drive car (referring to the drag race where he got the RHD Mitsubishi Evo), that makes more sense. ;)

Anybody else watched it?
Since I don't have a TV-set or a TV-card in my PC I downloaded it and I just finished watching that episode.

I think it's a bit better than the usual D-Motor-programme (I occasionally watch it at a friend's home) but Top Gear is still in a different league. Some bits were actually quite informative (for example how much such such a paintball tank costs or the differences between the Porsche and the Aston) as you would expect a german car programme to be (;)), but overall Sabine and Tim are racing drivers, not presenters, and Carsten is a textbook example of a german, whinging about everybody and anything (if it's just for the show I don't know but as all three are not really good actors/presenters I think it's his normal temper).

1 thing i noticed when i watched the top gear v d moter part again was it was supposed to be filmed in belgium but nearly every car was right hand drive, most of the left hand drive cars in it only come in left hand drive(bowlers,9ff,corvette) all the cars in the double deckers race were rhd, all the cars in the drag race were lhd exept the 9ff & corvette

if just seems weird that they shipped all the stuff from u.k. (now i know where my tv licence fee goes)

even the company that spplied the tanks was from the u.k.

if just seems weird that they shipped all the stuff from u.k. (now i know where my tv licence fee goes)

even the company that spplied the tanks was from the u.k.
You do know that the Spitfire segment is filmed in the UK, the chaps getting in the Aston Martins in filmed in the UK, but their arrival (to meet zhe Germans) was in Belgium.
So for 5 seconds Top Gear they shipped 3 Aston Martins <_<

What about the shot of the Spits flying over ze germans?

I would have to check but I don't think you see the German presenters and the Spitfires in the same shot. They could have been :eek: shock horror pretending to watch them.

But one thing that I want to spark is the JK's laptime. (Great guy. lol'ed at his dance at the end)
When Jeremy was explaining to the "Well Spoken Man" ;) when they first got the Lacetti he said "5 Pracrise Laps and on the 6th they would take the stopwatch out" So how on earth did JK got 9 laps and they took his fastest lap which was the the 8th one :dunno:
(No wonder no one spun out other than Carr :) )

I was thinking the same thing when I watched the episode. I thought the final lap is the only lap where the lap time mattered.

Can anyone clarify this?

I tried the search function but it appeared to be buggy - no results found for "jay kay".

Then I went through this thread and found the above quote on page 6 but nobody else raised the same issue.

Has it been answered on a different thread? If yes, please direct me to it since I cannot find it using the search function.

Thank you for your time.

I was thinking the same thing when I watched the episode. I thought the final lap is the only lap where the lap time mattered.

Can anyone clarify this?

I tried the search function but it appeared to be buggy - no results found for "jay kay".

Then I went through this thread and found the above quote on page 6 but nobody else raised the same issue.

Has it been answered on a different thread? If yes, please direct me to it since I cannot find it using the search function.

Thank you for your time.

I think they changed the rules in the meantime to "X (don't know how many) laps, fastest one counts."

or... they changed the rules so JK would be at the top :tinfoilhat:

I think you guys take these rules way too seriously...

"Tough shit, Jay Kay, looks like you came here and didn't beat Simon Cowell!"
How much would you have wanted to see that?

Granted, they could have been a bit more subtle about bending the rules for him, or just pretended that they didn't, but...

I think they changed the rules in the meantime to "X (don't know how many) laps, fastest one counts."

Was this mentioned anywhere? Maybe in the magazine perhaps?

I think you guys take these rules way too seriously...

Well, maybe I am way too serious a person, but I'd be annoyed if I'd lost my bragging rights due to bending of the rules. I would get over it, but it would still hurt at first.

"Tough shit, Jay Kay, looks like you came here and didn't beat Simon Cowell!"
How much would you have wanted to see that?

I agree, it makes better television to make Jay Kay beat Simon's time.

Was this mentioned anywhere? Maybe in the magazine perhaps?
When they got the Lacetti they had an "initiating procedure" of the new car where seven celebrities were on their track to get the first times quickly on the board. In that segment the rules were introduced to James Hewitt (the "well spoken man").

Did anybody notice that they somehow cheated when James ran the "reasonable priced car" ?

the scene at 32min 24sec..

he sits in OMP racing seats, and the cars rollcage isnt the same - its grey in that scene, and build differently.. but only in that scene..

The other scenes are the regular seats as they always use which are Sparco EvoXL seats - together with a black rollcage...

What the crap is going on???

Hey

You must talk about jay kay (and not james).
But you're right. Actually, it"'s not the same car. The plate number is also different (KG06HPK for the sparco's one, and KG06HPJ for the OMP version).

Simply they must have different cars, because accident or mechanical failure could happen :lol: (it dit happen a lot).
And the funny moment of mr kay might not be exactly in the same lap. So for the show they put it together. That's not a too big rearrangement for me. :)

Great finish to the season
England vs 'The Germans' was rocking
but one thing looked cosmetic...while starting the double deckers sabine tells her partner about white strips in english!!!? why? or was that kiff 'the soundman'?

Last edited:
Good episode but I didn't like the G-Wiz car that James used in the British vs Germans challenge (I know he's called Captain Slow, but he could have used a better car), as well as that letter that Richard read out that began with: "Dear So-called Top Gear"