[11x06] July 27th, 2008

[11x06] July 27th, 2008

• Total voters
Really good episode
:lol: The stig getting beaten up by the scounts, I always knew the Scounts were just a front for a bunch of violent terrorists!

:may: May: "It runs out, he's terrified of scouts!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I also liked Clarkson's point about the police needing to return our stolen stuff before charging us for trivial motoring infractions.

Any guesses to what this week's "I went on the Internet and I found this" was?

I loved this episode... as MOST PEOPLE have shown by the stats!!! so Keep it coming! i cant wait till the next season of top gear...

I love it! do more of the same.. or different who cares! as long as you three are together... I love it!!!

ANd to the negative people.. pfft stop being a pile of whining little medling baboons hell bent at ruining everything by complaining all the time over stupid little things.. and complaining that they never fly to the moon on nissan micras.....Friggen hell start to enjoy it once in a while..

Jesus! Is there any show better than top gear?

Seroiusly?

There isnt any Unscripted (Scripted) show that is better... so stop complaining and embrace it....

Not an "epic" episode as so many have said in my opinion.

The Japanese bit was good only because it was James reviewing.

The Gumpert was OK.

Jay Kay was annoying. I was wishing him not to come top.

The German section was beyond stupid. Normally I never leave my seat no matter how bad a bit of Top Gear is, but found myself walking about bored.

Do you even like Top Gear?

International challenge. It's actually not bad, more creative than the cheap car challenges. The double decker racing looks so fun. In the drag race, the 9FF must have a pretty bad start, with awd it should launch with 1000hp with no problem. I'm not sure how staged the last part is, but damn, if the Stig can really made up the 4 second and passed German touring car driver, he's good.

i don't know if you got it, but right after the drag race there's a cut to carsten (the banker looking dude in the suit jacket) incar and he's muttering something along the lines of 'scheiss getriebe' (crap gearbox) or similar. so i'm thinking that car might have a manual box (though i somehow doubt that - which current supercar still has a real manual box, like the open grate ferrari boxes of old) and he managed to put in a wrong gear or missed a gear (which would be the same really :D )...
so it's probably down to the non-racing driver messing up... a 1000hp allwheel driven car should go like a scalded cat - see veyron for reference

Not a bad episode, but the highlight of the series clearly was the third episode.

The first bit was nice, but nothing really extraordinary. News were a good laugh, as usual. However I didn't get their opinion on the Gumperts styling. Yes, it isn't a pretty supercar, as it is basically a race car. But I have definetly seen Supercars uglier than that (there is a really horrifying swiss one...). However the test itself was great. SIARPC was really really nice! Great they switched back to a single star. The last bit was brilliant, however I think the Aston itself is a bit faster than the 911...

To be honest, this episode lacked the usual "Top Gear magic" that came back after the first two episodes of the series.

And don't get me wrong - I really like it, when they mock about the Germans (for example their idea of a German Mini with special indicators ... :mrgreen: ) But this time it was just a bit too much - I don't mean the WW2 planes, I mean the stupid drag race and the final race... It somehow reminds me of JC's comment on that incredible bridge in France...

Anyone agree Top Gear Stuntmans next job is to drive the Gumpart upside down in a tunnel to test out Gumparts claim, just thought to throw that in, that would be a great way to bust the myth and use TGSM

I loved this episode... as MOST PEOPLE have shown by the stats!!! so Keep it coming! i cant wait till the next season of top gear...

I love it! do more of the same.. or different who cares! as long as you three are together... I love it!!!

ANd to the negative people.. pfft stop being a pile of whining little medling baboons hell bent at ruining everything by complaining all the time over stupid little things.. and complaining that they never fly to the moon on nissan micras.....Friggen hell start to enjoy it once in a while..

Jesus! Is there any show better than top gear?

Seroiusly?

There isnt any Unscripted (Scripted) show that is better... so stop complaining and embrace it....

I wonder what the complainers would say when TG is no longer on-air (which hopefully won't occur for a very long time)? Would they be happy or complain and get on the BBC to put it back on-air? :dunno:

Thats the End. I'll never watch Top Gear again. The next Episode can't be better than this. :mrgreen:

The double decker racing looks so fun. In the drag race, the 9FF must have a pretty bad start, with awd it should launch with 1000hp with no problem. I'm not sure how staged the last part is, but damn, if the Stig can really made up the 4 second and passed German touring car driver, he's good.

i don't know if you got it, but right after the drag race there's a cut to carsten (the banker looking dude in the suit jacket) incar and he's muttering something along the lines of 'scheiss getriebe' (crap gearbox) or similar. so i'm thinking that car might have a manual box (though i somehow doubt that - which current supercar still has a real manual box, like the open grate ferrari boxes of old) and he managed to put in a wrong gear or missed a gear (which would be the same really :D )...
so it's probably down to the non-racing driver messing up... a 1000hp allwheel driven car should go like a scalded cat - see veyron for reference

The 9FF is RWD and has a 6-speed manual.

A great episode and a worthy finale of the 11th series.

Of course the "battle" between Germans and Brits was the icing on the cake, even though it was probably in most parts staged:

- The Spitfires were shot separately in England and cut in later
- Sabine Schmitz knows the Stig (she already raced him), so she wouldn't really be fooled. I suppose the Germans agreed to let the Stig drive, so that the British wouldn't look too bad :D

They must have known before, though, that Jeremy Clarkson and a clean, fair fight is like two worlds colliding :D I suppose you could say that the German driving talents were matched by British boldness :lol:

And about all those war reminiscences, well... if the British still need that to refurbish their ego, let them be :D We put it behind long ago and are merely shaking our heads, smiling about so much desire for worshipping the past :)

The end seemed rather suddenly, though: I missed a few final words from both sides and a proper presentation of the end result...

All in all the best episode in the series and it's natural that I can only give it a 10, since I already gave a 9 to the Japan race :)

The Apollo can't get over speed bumps... remove it from the board.

That's what I was thinking, maybe they just overlooked that just so they could have the Hammond joke in and have a "new record" to go with the other "new record" to give a better feel for the show? They seem to be bending a lot of "rules" for the sake of entertainment. But oh well, entertainment > being fair.

I haven't given a 10 so far this season so now I do.