[11x08] June 18th, 2007

Apart from the tank bit, which I skipped, everything else was pretty good!
Jason acting silly and then dressed as an old man was funny, and the challenge was hilarious. Teletubbie Madmax for the win!

I skipped the tank & the ear pulling, only watched the car stuff. And on that basis, it was damn good! (But I'm too tired to go into detail)

I'm not really sure what people like Austere want from a TV show, but he sounds suicidal after watching the programme.

LOL-Doggie.jpg

didnt mind the Jag, Robin and Porsche bits, is it only me that thinks Tom's helmet is really cool? thats a really cool design, predator helmet...

By 5th Gear standards, this one was pretty good. A few bits I didn't care for, the man pulling a van with his ear, sorry, this isn't a strong man competition, and Dom Jolly with the tank, he's a wanker.

Jason was very good, seeing him look old and try to be a traditional Jaguar owner was quite funny. Tom and Johnny had me hysterical during the races, he couldn't stop tipping over. Tiff's bit in the 911 was too short. :(

I thought the show was pretty entertaining.
Good write-up. Lots of detail. I'm sure it'll cause a lot of "discussion" and I'm sure it'll help people who are thinking about whether or not to download it.:p

I'm not really sure what people like Austere want from a TV show
And by 'people like me' you mean Me, right?

Well, I just want it to be good. You know; interesting, informative, well made and perhaps even funny. Basically I want it to be worth my time. I'm not a particularly busy man but I like to think that I don't have 45 minutes to spend staring at a TV screen saying "car roll funny!"
The bulk of this episode simply wasn't worth watching - Not even the once.

But I've covered all this ad nauseum. Can't we all just get over the fact that I'm not as easily amused as you twits?

...we had a choice between Panorama, Tonight with Trevor McDonald and the usual crap on the digital channels.
See, I just would found something else to do instead of watching television.:dunno:

Right. Robins was fun. Laughed myself silly when Tom rolled over and over again. That was good.

As for the tank thing, I liked it. It's about what makes a bloke a bloke. TOYS.

Rest of the ep didn't bring much feelings in me, besides the Jag one. Jason captured the essense of it quite well.

I really like the Jag, but the Mercedes S class and Audi S8/A8 are better cars. Tank was really stupid, the comedian wasnt even funny, the guy pulling a truck with his ears was kind of cool. The best part was the Holden..er Vauxhall VXR8 is freaking amazing. The review was crappy, but my god that is a cool car I wish we got that in North America. Porsche GT3 part was ok. Fifth Gear is no Top Gear...I miss Top Gear.

I really like the Jag, but the Mercedes S class and Audi S8/A8 are better cars. Tank was really stupid, the comedian wasnt even funny, the guy pulling a truck with his ears was kind of cool. The best part was the Holden..er Vauxhall VXR8 is freaking amazing. The review was crappy, but my god that is a cool car I wish we got that in North America. Porsche GT3 part was ok. Fifth Gear is no Top Gear...I miss Top Gear.

North America will get the VXR8 it will be called the Pontiac G8. The only real differenct will be the front bumper:

7-2008-pontiac-g8.jpg

I enjoyed this one.. best by far for the last 2 seasons. Some uninteresting stuff, but all in all a great improvement... not remotely as embarrassing as the last few episodes have been (to a large degree because of VBH)

Plato in the Jag - fun and informative, good to see him play a bigger part again... and yes, the dressing up bit made me laugh :p
Tank bit - couldn't be arsed so I skipped it.
Robin race - very fun as well, they still seem a bit newbish at the TG type stuff but they're getting a lot better now.
The ear guy and the nissan guy were pointless and boring... but the filler talk seems better, the squealing is gone and they seemed a bit more natural this time.
Vicky's part was a big improvement in my opinion... well, it was still pointless, but at least it wasn't horribly annoying (major flaws getting ironed out, now bring some content please)

I'm getting really tired of Tiff's segments now... it's just "hey I'm good at driving, bye" really.. nothing interesting at all, we've seen his powerslides before. At least it wasn't a cheap hot hatch shootout this time...

I liked this episode and I overall like watching 5G. Which I why I download every episode each week and I think that most people here like 5G even though they complain about it.
However I do believe that 5G needs to learn how to edit their features. Because Tiff's bit was hopelessly short, it was only the laps nothing else, besides two powerslides, while the tank was too long. I liked the tank bit, but in like half of the segment I got bored..guy with the ear was kind of cool about the right lenght, Vicki's review was supposed to be good, but wasn't really, just several powerslides and her saying that its muscle and no brain..
But the reliant robin was awesome!! Creative, entertaining and about the right lenght!! Great job!

The Robin racing was good... but I still can't figure out how they managed to do the small modification with a QUOTE : "Budget of zero pounds." I bet the roll cages and stuff were not free ? the paint ? oh well... still piss funny.

Tiffs segment was good, just too short. Those power slides are awesome to watch.

The tank bit was funny for about the first 40 seconds, then it got boring. The most interesting part of that segment was the cost to buy one..

The Holden/Vauxhall VE was oki.... but still goes to show that it is still a very heavy and underpowered car. I am pretty sure, that the car has a 6 speed gearbox in it. I know that the aussie version does... not sure about the UK version tho. So if that was the case , why didn't she get the car into 6th gear ??

Jason's bit was good. He made a big old yesterday car funny with the old man thing. I think the handlebar moe was the funniest thing of his segment.

The strongman bit. Didn't fit in with the show.. more suited to Big Brother or something equally as stupid...