[12x01] November 2nd, 2008

[12x01] November 2nd, 2008

• Total voters
1 -- Lambo review: I think we have to accept that the Porsche GT2 was a herring, in much the same way as the Daihatsu Copen was a herring for reviewing the Ascari A10. So as a Lambo review, it's typical Clarkson.

2 -- News: I don't mind hearing about depreciation, actually. Gives me some hope that if I ever win the lottery, I might actually be able to afford a used supercar.

3 -- Lorries: I wouldn't call it their most entertaining challenge. Part of the fun of challenges like that is seeing the trio argue over who scored how many points. Part of it is also a sense of a missed opportunity; since "trucker culture" is a bit more overglorified in North America, I expected a little more satire over that aspect. I liked the truck powerslide, the

4 -- SIARPC: Since I never heard of Michael Parkinson, I skipped over much of the interview part.

5 -- The Shirt: I think this is this season's "I was surfing the Internet and I found THIS!" Perhaps inspired by that Nissan 350Z shirt he wore in Season 10.

Overall: out of 10, it's an 8.

I found this week's episode a little bit "Meh". Season openeres have never been the best episodes so I gave it a 7.

The lorry challenges were fun but I found them a little bit out of place.

The SIARPC segment with Sir M. Parkinson was bit boring to be honest so I skipped it after 2 minutes.

But what I was a little bit disapointed about was the Porsche GT2 review. I'ma lambo fan and I've never been fond of Porsches, but I was expecting a bit of review of the hardcore GT2. The lambo looked, performed and sounded great as always. But what I got from the GT2 is Jezza screaming :?

Anyways. A good season opener and next week... Muscle cars!!! ^_^

Enough with the SIARPC, fill that time with more car reviews.

"But it's not like I had to run out into traffic. It was all done in a controlled envoronment - a TV studio, in my case. We used three old Opel Kadetts which drove around in a tight circle at about 25kph..."

Still, i'd say it's old as in "late 80s Kadett E", they are under 1000 Euros, even under 500 if it does not have to be too road-worthy a piece, perfect material for an eight-way-crash stunt. A Kadett B in a shape similar to Oliver is easily 3000+ Euros.

has anyone got a gif of the trucks crashing into the walls?

TruckSig2.jpg

Yeah, but he's never really liked Porsches :) Part of me thinks he put so much rubbish on it because it's one of Richard's favourite things.

[YOUTUBE]JGRXIDf9yTg[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: Seems like it doesnt like hotlinking the TG specific films. Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGRXIDf9yTg&feature=PlayList&p=1595910DD7F1B5F1&index=16

I also give you this: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article824056.ece

Bring the new M3 CSL to the party if you like. Bring a 911 Turbo. Bring a 360 Ferrari. Bring anything you want and so long as it costs less than ?150,000, I guarantee the GT3 will nuke it.

The GT3 is not the first 911 I?ve respected. And if truth be told it?s not the first 911 I?ve liked. But although it?s only the eighth most entertaining car from 2003, it is also the first Porsche 911 that I?ve thought long and hard about buying.

Last edited:
Car Review: Lambo vs. GT2
This was great and several classic funny moments.
Sorry, if some of you wanted the full X vs Y serious car test, but dog, kid and granny demo of how easy the Lambo is to drive, preceded by 30 seconds of Jeremy screaming showing how scary the GT2 was ? innovative comedy and brilliant. :)

Challenge: HGVs.
Enjoyed this segment a lot, good fun lots of good visual and well written jokes. Too many to note and already covered in previous posts.

SIARPC: Michael Parkinson
Minor niggles, only talking Yorkshire and car history, but otherwise an interesting guest making a cracking time. Very good.

News: Good items, the new series has correctly dropped our favorites from S11 before they became too hackneyed.

The usual high standard of cinematography and editing was also demonstrated throughout the production, well done TG. :cool:

7/10

Spelling "Porsche". How hard can it be?

On topic: I thought the Episode was lacking something. 5/10

OH! my bad Porshh. come on dude, gimme a break, its not like it matters. i mean if it were ferary or phord or even renoe or chevie then i could understand, but porshe? :p;)

News: Good items, the new series has correctly dropped our favorites from S11 before they became too hackneyed.

7/10

No offence but can you please translate into american for me in regards to the hackneyed? really, im not kidding! :blink::blink:

Last edited:
No offence but can you please translate into american for me? really, im not kidding! :blink::blink:

He said that they ended last season's running gags (Dacia Sandero, "i went on the internet..."), even giving the Sandero gag a proper sendoff before they got worn out, and that that is a good thing, with which i agree.

no idea what time it did but its nice to see a Porsche fan getting the joke. i didnt think he would actually burn it all the way though, you can bet it will be up there on the Lap Board next week. burned or not.:D

i am NOT a Porsche fan, but, i can appriciate a beutiful car, and that car in white was great!

If it wasn't faster than the Gallardo then Jeremy wouldn't have burned it.

All you people complaining about the 'crap review' Jeremy did on the GT2 need to realise this and take solice in the fact that whenever you see that Gallardo's lap time you KNOW that the GT2 is always at least one place above it :mrgreen:

I can't say anything good about this episode that hasn't already been said. Far as I'm concerned, this was just another brilliant episode like usual. I still find myself wondering what happened to Top Gear Dog though, just a random thought.

A solid 9/10 and a fantastic start to the series! Shame about the lack of car reviews though (Not that it matters, considering next week's episode :D)

I enjoyed it quite thoroughly, and it's good to have it back. The lorries were great, a good entertaining laugh. I didn't quite get the point of the board at the end though, it just seemed like they tacked on the scores. Usually it's a good time to ridicule one another over certain tests, but there was none of that.

I agree with some of the previous comments saying that the show could have more all rounded reviews, out on the road, a bit of variety in the tests. But I'm sure we'll see some more in shows to come.

That preview for the rest of the series has me excited, seems like a shedload of content :D