[12x01] November 2nd, 2008

[12x01] November 2nd, 2008

• Total voters
Do you mean Mrs by Shirley or Francie? I've never heard him mention it before, but I'm still envious. I'd love one.

Francie - I can't see Mummy Clarkson forsaking her Honda Jazz for an Aston!

Thank you for being smart, everyone else listen, its NOT about the damn car reviews anymore as much as its just a GREAT and funny show about car guys.:mad: I mean "how hard can it be?" to just enjoy it. stop being so damn critical!

But if we're not honest, either here or on the TG site, how will the TG people know what worked and what didn't? Feedback (good, bad, and indifferent) is far more useful to them than only hearing *YAY!!!! SQUEEEE!!!11!!!* all the time.

i dont want to repeat myself, but, last night i posted on here about the whole Jezza, Hammond, Porche relationship. if you didnt expect that car to be bashed by Jezza as soon as you saw him introducing a 911 review, well, you just dont know TG to well i guess. and maybe thats the problem.

But if we're not honest, either here or on the TG site, how will the TG people know what worked and what didn't? Feedback (good, bad, and indifferent) is far more useful to them than only hearing *YAY!!!! SQUEEEE!!!11!!!* all the time.

you are very correct, im not speaking to the people that are disappointed, im speaking to the whining babys who are mad that the guys are having fun on tv instead of reviewing cars, and yes, there was only 1 car segment, but, on the bright side, you were given 2 stig hotlaps:rolleyes:

well, Starfox, all i can say to that is i appriciate your point, but, those people need to open thier minds up. this is the pinacle of car shows in the WORLD for a reason. enterainment.

as far as what Psychosamir said, dude, there is an old military saying, "if it aint broke, dont fix it", they are not running out of material, they are RUNNING with the material they have, and, its absolutly awsome.

I understand what you are saying. If I want stupid comedy though, I'll watch "It's always sunny in Philadelphia" or something of that nature. I watch TG for the cars, and when there is only ONE car featured on an hour long CAR program then whats the point?

supercarmovies and drivers-republic have become better than Top Gear in this respect, but Top Gear still appeals to me for the occasional [albeit rare] strokes of complete genius. Those are getting few and far between however. :(

i dont want to repeat myself, but, last night i posted on here about the whole Jezza, Hammond, Porche relationship. if you didnt expect that car to be bashed by Jezza as soon as you saw him introducing a 911 review, well, you just dont know TG to well i guess. and maybe thats the problem.

Is it necessary for him to review the 911? But of course then it would be Richard since James wouldn't be fit to, and that might make it worse really.

Is it necessary for him to review the 911? But of course then it would be Richard since James wouldn't be fit to, and that might make it worse really.

i know, but you must admit, it was very funny, i was actually waiting for Hamster to come shooting in behind him while he was in the Lamb. that whould have justified the whole sement though. besides, if anyone wants to see a 911 review, just go back to anyother one that has ever been done, stealing from the show here i say it hasnt changed much.;)

10 89 19.73%
9 143 31.71%
8 114 25.28%

Yeah I can see what you mean.
Fact is, it is hitting the right nerve for it's core audiance, and for pple who ordinarly would not watch "a car show" thats a medium thats hard to find. Every1 is entitled to thier opinion, you are not going to please all the pple all the time, it don't need to.

Right now the franchise is getting sold globally, now this is the thing if TG was not in it's present form and was more like say some of the earlier seasons would this be happening, it is in fact more popular because of it. I don't want to get into the international debate I have no problem with pple abroad critizing, but first and formost this is a British show aimed at pple who have to pay a fixed ammount for the pleasure of watching what on the most part isn't worth the fee. Time and time again this show is the most viewed in it's time slot and that is unpresidented for a BBC2 show. Bottom line the formula is working like it or not.

Last edited:
Yeah, but he's never really liked Porsches :) Part of me thinks he put so much rubbish on it because it's one of Richard's favourite things.

More than likely. :lol: Would've been cool to have heard Richard's side, though. It just seemed a waste to film the Porsche and then not even say anything about it, other than, 'It's bad. Don't buy it.'

I rather liked this episode, 8/10 from me.

I didn't mind the GT2/Lambo review being so short and unusual, I quite liked it actually. But as I've read JC's article in Sunday Times about the GT2, I understand how he feels about the bloody thing. If I saw just those shouts and powerslides on tv, I would have been properly confused. But you have to love the Lambo, the noise is magnificent! And I lol-ed at the dog at the wheel :D

Lorries were a proper good laugh, I really did enjoy the segment.

Skipped the SIARPC, I have no idea who the person was anyway..

Usually I love Jeremy's car bashing. It's just that his bashing this time was boring. He might as well have not bothered.

10 89 19.73%
9 143 31.71%
8 114 25.28%

Yeah I can see what you mean.
Fact is, it is hitting the right nerve for it's core audiance, and for pple who ordinarly would not watch "a car show" thats a medium thats hard to find. Every1 is entitled to thier opinion, you are not going to please all the pple all the time, it don't need to.

True, but judging from the comments it may not be working as well as it might. They need to know that. Whether they listen or do anything is, of course, up to them.

I do get that it's an entertainment show featuring cars. Not being much of a petrolhead myself, this is a good thing! :D I'm just finding it less entertaining now that they're getting more 'global' and therefore doing more 'dumbing down' than is really necessary. Again, YMMV.

I kinda wish they were ballsy enough to do the entire GT2 review of just Clarkson powersliding/spinning and screaming his head off. They came close though.

GT2 - Im annoyed at that as it was a car I was looking foward to seeing. By not taking it seriously enough to put a lap time up it makes the LP560 look worse. Its just like in any form of competition if your opponent is percieved as lesser what value do you have in beating it?

News. Sandero. Classic. Shocking numbers on the old depreciation too. CL600!!

Trucks. Some funny, some not so. I dont know why they pretend to buy or decorate them. I saw the hill start nonsense a mile away. Alpine track racing was quality though. And I have to think that the crashes were far more violent than I thought they would be!

I dont like Parkinson. Most of his interviews are classic fawning over the guest. Never asks a difficult question so quite where the adulation springs from I dont know.

And thats the entire episode. Felt a bit weak. And I wish that when the camera swooped in at the beginning of an episode. We'd see all 3 of them standing there. Its just too much Clarkson as usual.

It was a :woot:masterpiece episode :woot:, i really died laughing when Jeremy said "The gear lever's gone up my arse"
I gave it 9 cuz Jeremy burned :shakefist: the lap record of the GT2, that really pissed me off :wall:
BTW anyone knows how much it did?

Last edited:
It was a :woot:masterpiece episode :woot:, i really died laughing when Jeremy said "The gear lever's gone up my arse"
I gave it 9 cuz Jeremy burned :shakefist: the lap record of the GT2, that really pissed me off :wall:
BTW anyone knows how much it did?

no idea what time it did but its nice to see a Porsche fan getting the joke. i didnt think he would actually burn it all the way though, you can bet it will be up there on the Lap Board next week. burned or not.:D

i am NOT a Porsche fan, but, i can appriciate a beutiful car, and that car in white was great!

Last edited:
Watched TGA 1x06 & TGUK 12x01 back to back. Enjoyed TGA & loved TGUK. It was just a hoot.

I loved the Fith Gear dig with the reference to the "secret alpine test location" & the wide shot with the flags fluttering.....hmm, where have I seen that before?