[12x01] November 2nd, 2008

[12x01] November 2nd, 2008

• Total voters
Anyone else laugh when they took the trucks to the "fifth gear test track" erm i mean "top gear test track"
Absolutely. I recognised it straight away. :cool:

Heaven only knows why people were bitching about this episode, it was classic TG the entire truck segment was sidesplitting laughter, and the rest of the show flowed well, it was as good an ep as any, not epic, but on par with good TG viewing, definitely an episode to watch again soon.

Who actually enjoyed seeing them crash through brick walls? I certaintly didn't, i cringed, that was awful.
If something like trucks crashing through things doesn't awaken the innate 5-year old inside all of us, then I feel very, very sorry for you. :no:

Good ep, gave 9/10. Did anyone else notice that blonde on the right of screen when the camera was on Jezza during Parkies segment?? Wow! :p

Also, did anyone notice how they were using water to put out the fire in Jeremy's truck. If it was actually an electrical fire, caused by the heater, isn't water a big no no?? :blink:

Also, did anyone notice how they were using water to put out the fire in Jeremy's truck. If it was actually an electrical fire, caused by the heater, isn't water a big no no?? :blink:

It wasn't an electrical fire - the heater caused it by setting fire to the hay, not due to electrical failure causing a spark.

Only it was the hay on fire, not the heater, and there was much more hay than heater... i think. :blink:

edit: dang you fbc :<

It's funny about the complainers... they don't seem to be of the same mind.

One half is complaining that Top Gear changed too much, the other half is complaining that it's always the same all over again - both being extremely nit picky.

The rule is: When you are being criticized from different angles, you actually are doing something right :D

Only it was the hay on fire, not the heater, and there was much more hay than heater... i think. :blink:

edit: dang you fbc :<

I would guess and say there was no heater.
I mean unless clarkson was carrying a generator to power the heater it would have gone cold pretty quick.

I dare say there was some petrol involved in creating that fire

Yeah, that bit was probably done on purpose just for the sake of tv, still his reaction and the look of that burning truck pulling up were enough to glaze over those details

Good start to the series except the truck part.. It would be more fun if they actually tried to do all the challenges as good as they can instead of ruining them with scripted "accidents".

You can't compare Walter Roehrl with Jezza. One is a legend, the other is a fat midlife crisis bloke. :mrgreen:

Great Episode! 9/10... pure entertainment

It didn't have anything to do with cars but then thats TopGear. If you want a review these days on handling just watch the german reviews, their getting better and better.

I knew you would bring this up, but just look carefully at what he does at the wheel and then tell me, if there anyone who couldn't do the same...

Anyway, I think these days Top Gear moves exactly on the borderline between funny and stupid. The GT2 review was just stupid - if you want to mock a car, do it properly and Top Gear has already shown how it's done. The truck bit however was just huuuuuuuuuuuuge fun.

But maybe Clarkson will just be killed some day by his Lambo - chances seem to be quite high: http://www.lambounfall.de/lamborghini_murcielago_crash.html

I was going to give it a 7 but I pushed it up to an 8 thanks to the awesum alpine lorry race which James won after punting off Jezza's mirror. Go JAMES!

The news was a bit meh by Top Gear standards though....

Everthing else was solid :yes:

Oh man, why am I writing this? Of course Walter R?hrl is an outstanding driver but look at the wheel when he is driving with PSM (maybe you didn't had my previous post in mind, where I was writing explicitely about the bit WITH PSM) . Do you see anything that Jeremy couldn't do? Just watch the difference - corner at 2:00 with PSM and at 2:07 without PSM...

Ok got it wrong, might be my mistake....:oops:

PS: It's a bit sad that TG didn't even post the GT2 time on their website...I had hoped for it!