[12x02] November 9th, 2008

[12x02] November 9th, 2008

• Total voters
I aint here to be cheeky to anyone or insult but if people can't criticise on a open forum about TG then whats the point.
If people run around with pink tinted glasses on then so be it and good luck to them but im here to put my two cents in for better or for worse.

Another 9 from me.

Those little Fiats were mental. Loved JC's apology. Am still trying to figure out what James was wearing for the news. And enjoyed the whole US road trip - massive gigglesnort at Jeremy wearing his baseball cap backwards.

Does anyone who lives out there have any FACTS for us about that 'shoe-tree'....?

Back on topic shall we folks, no need for all the in fighting :)

Good show again last night.

I enjoyed the Fiat 500 review. Yes there was a little too much in the way of special effects but it was still a good review. I knew those Fiat 500's would be better than the BMW Mini.

I really enjoyed the news section this week. They sat down, talked about new cars, and had a joke and a laugh.

The American road segment was excellent. I would liked to have heard what James thought about this car a bit more, but it was funny and made great television. Setting car alarms off was a game I used to play :D I can't believe Jezza got pulled over by the police on a bike lol

Will Young was rubbish. A true Z list celeb with nowt to say.

8/10

The problem I find with the end of the Shawshank Redemption is that it is scripted.

Anyway, whether it was Clarkson or not, that long ZR1 slide around the hairpin made me go "oooooooh". Not just for the slide, but the way it was filmed and edited.

True i thought that was cool and also the first part accelerating in the vet.
What a rush it must be to plant the throttle in that.
Wow you telling me that redemption was staged....never :p

Loved the episode,

one thing to notice though is they have at least '2' chase/camera vehicles that we see in certain clips. Chevrolet Trailblazer in silver and a Ford Explorer eddie bauer in black w tan trim...

Which in the Reno Car alarm scene are the exact 2 vehicles Jeremy and Hammond set the alarms off on...
I rewatched the film and can't find a moment when the chase cars are visible?

Another 9 from me.

Those little Fiats were mental. Loved JC's apology. Am still trying to figure out what James was wearing for the news. And enjoyed the whole US road trip - massive gigglesnort at Jeremy wearing his baseball cap backwards.

Does anyone who lives out there have any FACTS for us about that 'shoe-tree'....?

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/932

Closest thing I've found...

I aint here to be cheeky to anyone or insult but if people can't criticise on a open forum about TG then whats the point.
If people run around with pink tinted glasses on then so be it and good luck to them but im here to put my two cents in for better or for worse.

Only 10 posts and 4 red blobs already plus neg repping a moderator after being here a week? If you aren't here to be cheeky or insult anyone then you can count that as an EPIC FAIL because that's all you seem to have done since you arrived. :mad:

As for your two cents - expect change!

True i thought that was cool and also the first part accelerating in the vet.
What a rush it must be to plant the throttle in that.
Wow you telling me that redemption was staged....never :p

See.... i aint all that bad i liked something.....:D

I liked it, laughed a lot when Clarkson apologized for not putting up the GT2 times. And I'm wondering about the morse code again!

You may also apologize for all the plastic and crappy interiors they put in the cars, which is also the case with the 3 cars they drove in ep2.
The fact that they liked the power and handling doesnt change that fact, and if I were the manufacturer I would be extremely ashamed.
Have you ever been in any of the cars yourself? Ive been in the new cts (let alone the "v" which is better), and that interior is beautiful. Designed by the same people that did the veyron. The Challenger's interior isnt bad, but it is not great. Im personally not sure about the zr1, because the interior is different from the normal vette.

I really enjoyed this episode, I really like the ZR-1 and the CTS-V but the Challenger is just a bloated pig that weighs more than my wifes 4 door Blazer.

9/10

What I liked:
1. The fact that two of the three cars they tested came from the 'ring and bolted way in front of the Challenger. And to find a twisty bit of road on their way to the Salt Flat will cause American petrolheads to take the same detour. :D

2. Clarkson nearly taking on the ambiguously gay personas talking about water feature and gardening with Will Young.

3. Hammond is starting to look more like May during the news segment. WTF was that? :lol:

4. Clarkson racing the Winnebago - now if only they thought of having people in the caravan racing in the UK. :lol:

5. Hammond and Clarkson getting caught by BICYCLE POLICE IN SHORTS for revving in front of SUVs with alarms.

6. The review for the Abarth Fiat 500 - the review was so good, I'd consider buying it as a fun thing to tool around in going to work. And I'm presently in the market for a two-door GT coupe! I thought May's review of the 500 in a previous episode was a bit disheartening.

What I didn't like:

May's complaining about the CTS-V - get over it! and appreantly he did. :cool:

Nothing else I didn't like.

Ziggy with respect, b4 this thread you had something like 5 posts and out of the those I think I counted 3 complaining about TG team and the TG budget coming out of the licence fee. Now I don't want to cause offence but why you picking on a show thats aired around the globe and has spin off show (with others on the cards) and the kind of viewing figures that most BBC shows could only dream about, complaing about buying a car with licence fee payers money rather than there own because they are "millionares" when the said peice of machinery is the vocal point of BBC "merchandise" with the car being perficaly serviceable and sure to sell. Complain about most of the other dross on the non-commercial channel you and I pay for because my guess is TG pays for itself.

Reactions: MWF
I recently had the privilege of closely inspecting a 599 and Z06 that were parked next to each other.

No, just no.
Did you then have the privilege of closely inspecting the sticker prices of these cars? Perhaps you could then have the privilege of closely inspecting the stack of 260,000 dollar bills (and then some) left over by buying a Z06?

Gave it another 9. The news and the SIARPC took off about 0.3 pts each off the score, so it's around a 9.4 actually. Even though Will Young didn't seem to be that bad a guest.

The 500 Abarth review was quite a lot better than the 911 GT2 vs. LP560-4, but, then again, small pocket-rockets are enjoyable in a very different sort of way. Loved the dig at Mr. Anthony Hamilton in the Stig description... and what was with the hazard lights flashing under braking? Fiat build "quality"?

The news went along quite well, and the apology from Jezza was gold. But I still don't get what possessed him to burn the strip of paper with the GT2 laptime last time round. And agree with Jezza, congratulations to Hamilton, and don't allow the Hamster to commentate. (Which, of course, he won't. Hey, people at the Beeb, keep Brundle and Ted Kravitz!)

The SIARPC was... meh, quite good, but not good enough. We need more stars like Jay Kay and Fiona Bruce/Kate Silverton in the last series. Will Young was kinda in the middle of the scale.

And finally, the American road trip was something marvellous to behold. Especially seeing Jezza and Slow gradually falling in love with the cars they were driving, and then the sheer ecstacy which possessed them to go ever faster at Bonneville. Liked the digs at the State Department by censoring whatever they "thought" was inappropriate. And also, the final shot with them driving on a lonely road and grinning in their, now, much-loved cars, was great.

Overall, very good, but still some room for re-improvement in the studio bits.

It deserves a 10 just for Jessica.
This episode seems to be almost as loved as 7x3.